Posts by jaykass

Follow up question -> i saw some reviews about batteries dying after 1 year of use. Know anything about that, if its common known fault or maybe something they already fixed in new production batches.
    OR, how is your controllers battery after a few months?

My income was halved and i dont want to buy something that will get defected.

On the other hand, i could solder in some nice battery for a few € if needed... cause i really like the controller now...

I haven't had any issues with the battery yet but honestly I just don't think it's been long enough to know.

New issue with up and left on my 8bitdo SNES30. It appears that it may be related to the changes made in Kodi 17 beta 2. I found another user had a similar issue though with a DS4 on the github (GitHub - kodi-game/peripheral.joystick: ARCHIVE of peripheral.joystick repo. See https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick). I added my comments to the existing issue for garbear.

After additional research, it looks like before the bump to Beta 2 the joystick peripheral version in your build was 8653627 from 8/12. As of the beta 2 bump, the joystick version is 263AA84, which includes commit 31DF568 on 8/15 that switched to udev as the primary driver. It does appear that garbear is working on fixing this up but for the time being it is a noticeable regression. This may also be the same issue that is impacting DaRKeN.

I reverted to 20160918 (before the kodi beta 2 bump) and confirmed the joystick functions properly again.

[hr]

Hello Friend. Thanks for answering. I mention that because it hurts my finger to give F5 and CTRL + F5 hahahaha.
    In my browser incognito mode only shows me 20160918, 20160920 and 20160921 but see nothing 20160921-2. In addition two folders that were not displayed before me appear, apparently are emulators Amiga.

Before I read that the escalade companion had said he was ready 20160921-2 and what I was looking for download. I suppose, it will be up to the network.

Regards :)

20160921-2 builds are definitely there, I just confirmed, they are actually listed before 20160921.

Bit offtopic -> currently i use standard snes usb controller. I would like to buy wireless ones, any suggestion? (i dont own other systems)
    My girls are 6 and 3 y old.

I bought a 8bitdo SNES30 several months ago. After a few firmware updates, I can solidly recommend it to anyone who liked the SNES controller back in the 90s. In fact, I have a second on order now. Just make sure you update to the latest firmware from their website for best performance.

OK. So the crashes to mono/sonarr resumed even after the fresh start with 20160918-2. I haven't yet tried 20160920 or 20160921. I was able to isolate the issue to a few video files causing the crashes during series scanning. However, I couldn't determine what was different with them than all my other files that scanned successfully. And oddly, they worked prior to the latest bump in Sonarr version on 20160918. Eventually, I decided to work around the issue by just replacing the offending files. All is now back in working order.

While I was googling and troubleshooting, it did appear that this may be related to an outdated libmediainfo file (v0.7.83) in libreelec master. The current version is v0.7.88. The package in question is located here:
    LibreELEC.tv/packages/addons/addon-depends/multimedia-tools-depends/mediainfo/package.mk

Not sure if its worth the trouble for you to make the update or not if it was just a few files of mine that were an issue. And it seems no one else seems to be reporting the issue here. Or maybe it should be reported back to the master branch?

I believe that to be a build issue, I've seen it a few times before. Probably happens when not doing a clean build somehow, although it shouldn't. Rebuild on the way.

It looks like one of the latest commits moves the LibreELEC settings from the home menu to the settings menu... Likely changing skin settings yet again. if you haven't built yet, might be good to include now while making other skin related adjustments.
    [hr]
    I'm getting a lot of crashes with mono (sonarr). Is anyone else seeing anything like this or do I need to start from scratch?

Numerous (like so many its not worth counting) core files dumped in /storage/.cache/cores/

Pi2/3 version

Seems like the fresh start has resolved my crashing/performance issues.

1. My XBOX 360 wireless Controller wont work at Emustation. Any idea?

You'll need to setup the controller in emulationstation. Alternatively, you could delete the es_input.cfg file which will force you to configure a new input device.

2. Is it possible to use Aeon Nox as Skin or is it ony possible to use standard skin?

I believe escalade modified the estuary skin for the shortcuts so changing skins would require setting up the shortcuts for whatever skin you plan to use.

try removing '--ignore-gamelist' from /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf

Screensaver working fine here, both on RPi and Generic with bluetooth enabled.

As for your PR's, I had to redo them as the zip extension was only added for one platform (i support generic and rpi), the commits were not properly named and the controller PR had unsquashed commits which also contained indenting changes. Also I've rebased since you created them.

Sorry about the PRs, I'm new to GitHub and barely know what I'm doing there. Just want to help since this project is exactly what I've been looking for, for a long time.

As for the Bluetooth, maybe it's related to internal pi3 BT. If I recall correctly, you are using a pi2.

Awesome! It looks like the 20160828 build fixed 3 issues I was having:
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (Fixed in 20160828 build)

The only issue that remains for me is the screensaver not working properly when bluetooth is enabled. It appears to be tied to some powersave function upon start of the screensaver.

Additionally, I create a couple simple pull requests for adding zip extensions for genesis and an 8bitdo SNES30 controller config for emulationstation.

All in all, my setup is coming along very nicely thanks to you, escalade. Below are a few issues I am having, though I believe these are all LibreELEC and Kodi related...not the fault of your build.

Issues I'm having right now (using 20160825 rpi2/3 build):
    Screensaver will not work when bluetooth is enabled (work around=disable bluetooth)
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (work around=be very careful to estimate what item is highlighted)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (I believe Milhouse builds may have an updated addon for this, 20160822)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (work around=remove weather from home)