Posts by chrisman42

That is exactly what I tried. But the resolution is still 1080p:

The device is not directly connected to a TV, but to a Denon AVR. There it is on HDMI Input 1. So this should be correct?

Code
    # cat /storage/.config/cec-hdmi-port.conf
    CEC_HDMI_PORT=1

With Kodi CEC settings you mean "System Settings -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> Physical address (overrules HDMI Port)"? Regardless of what I configure there, after a reboot it is set to 0 again...

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

first I wanny say thank to you fraggle for doing such a good job.

I am trying out your image on my Odroid U3. And have several issues:

1. resolution:

kodi boots up with 1920x1080p and I am not able to change it via the menu. (Menu options disabled). The native resolution of my Beamer is 720p but the odroid is connected via a Denon AVR 1912.

I tried several options in boot.ini to change to resolution to 720p but without success. I could change to resolution when kodi was running via ssh and xrandr-Command. There was still a picture after that but the GUI was somewhat broken and didn't resize properly.

Does anyone know of a way to force a resolution? Maybe xrandr-command at startup? Or what exactly to put into boot.ini?

I was unable to configure the Denon AVR to demand input at 720p. There are no HDMI options like this at all :-(.

2. CEC

I hoped that it would be possible to control kodi with my Denon AVR Remote. But nothing has worked so far. I was playing around with the cec-client command on the SSH shell to see if I get an error message, but it say that there is no link. I edited the hdmi_cec_config-File and tried to set sensible settings in the CEC plugin but I don't know exactly what I am doing...

Can someone recommend a CEC tutorial to get me started?

There are a few minor things (screen flicker in menu animations, spotify addon, standby activation), but those are the two main problems that keep me from throwing out my old satellite receiver.

Thanks a lot again and have some nice holidays..