Posts by inusasha

    Topic: no starting [email protected] boot


    journalctl: gCYh

    HiassofT: i will test tomorrow


    I found another problem, which breaks some tests. When start with a new image (over img.gz), the complete remote is not working in first boot. (lircd-uinput is not running, condition file does not exist). after the second boot, all services are up and remote is working.
    This is independent from the LEFT/RIGHT-key problem, but some test, i had to repeat.
    :sick:


    Sascha

    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # systemctl restart [email protected]
    LibreELEC:~ # irw
    67 0 KEY_UP devinput
    67 0 KEY_UP_UP devinput
    69 0 KEY_LEFT devinput
    268 0 KEY_LEFT_UP devinput
    6a 0 KEY_RIGHT devinput
    266 0 KEY_RIGHT_UP devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput
    6c 0 KEY_DOWN_UP devinput


    The KEY_LEFT and KEY_LEFT_UP the key id is different.
    But KEY_DOWN and KEY_DOWN_UP has the same key id...
    Can this confuse lirc ore lirc-uinput?


    PS: after restart of [email protected], i can press RIGHT and LEFT one time again...


    Tested with 7.95.2


    EDIT: in /usr/include/linux/input-event-codes.h is KEY_RIGHT_UP and KEY_LEFT_UP defined... may we need an other SUFFIX, then _UP?
    (edit1.b: was introduced with v4.7-rc6)

    Code
    /* Diagonal movement keys */
    #define KEY_RIGHT_UP            0x266
    #define KEY_RIGHT_DOWN            0x267
    #define KEY_LEFT_UP            0x268
    #define KEY_LEFT_DOWN            0x269


    EDIT2: quick tested with these changes


    and it seems to work. But i am not sure about side-effects

    I test always a clean environment, before i post bugs ;)


    here the output of the ps, and additional "systemctl status"

    Code
    [code]
    LibreELEC:~ # ps | grep lirc
      250 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
      423 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0 --pidfile=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid --release=_UP /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi
      439 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      443 root       0:28 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      447 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd-uinput /run/lirc/lircd-lirc0
      560 root       0:00 grep lirc


    [/code]


    Tests of Milhouse builds
    1. #1228: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2487956 (bump to 0.9.4c)
    working with dtoverlay=lirc-rpi


    2. #0111: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2498752 (lirc: check for socket in lircd-uinput.service)
    not working with dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

    first i tried to replace my config.txt

    Code
    device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi


    with Hiassofts

    Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18,gpio_pull=1,rc-map-name=rc-rc6-mce



    Both configs tested with 7.95.2 Hiassofts is working, my not...
    Very confusing..

    Hello,


    on the RPi2, the ir-reciever is not working correct.
    The Key KEY_RIGHT and KEY_LEFT is not working after first try.
    Under "irw /run/lirc/lircd-lirc0" all key strokes seen, but "irw /run/lirc/lircd" only the first one.
    Seems a problem with eventlircd.


    After revert of "lirc: add lircd-uinput service" (lirc: add lircd-uinput service · LibreELEC/[email protected] · GitHub) all keys are working, again
    Edit: the working/not working keys was changed, only


    Branch: libreelec-8.0 (SHA: 83ef1f2ea906ed3820edc7f366e110658c64a82f)
    Hardware: RPi2 with TSOP38238 over lirc_rpi.dts
    Remote: MCE compatible remote (rc6 standard)



    Sascha

    Hello,


    Branch: master


    a new zlib version was release (1.2.11), and the old archives was moved, so there can not downloaded from zlib.net anymore.
    The build process aborts at this point.


    and zlib has bugs (see quote from zlib.net)



    Sascha


    you're glibc on your system is too old.


    May yes, it is debian :)


    but i think the main problem is, that the build uses the toolchain libs for the internal tools, but at runtime of the tools the host libs are used.
    i know it is complicated (and my english is bad, too)


    but in detail:
    in the llvm:target build is the llvm-tblgen build against the toolchain lib (incl. libstdc++).
    But the rpath of this binary is only "$ORIGIN/../lib", so it uses the host libs. I think, that the build is workink, is only luck n most system.
    With LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to toolchain/x86_64-libreleec-linux/lib the "./script/build llvm" is working.


    actual i make same clean builds on older commits, to find the causing one



    Sascha

    Build System: Debian stable x86_64
    LE Version: Master Branch Commit 2193bd8a0390167064b226894f65e0889a036865
    Target: Generic, ARCH: x86_64


    What happen:
    The LLVM:target build step fails.
    After short look on it, i see the llvm-3.9.0/.x86_64-libreelec-linux-gnu/NATIVE/bin/llvm-tblgen tool was build/linked against the libstdc++ from the LE-Toolchain.
    But when it is executed in a later part of the LLVM build, the try to libstdc from the host-system. This on is on debian stable is bit old...


    Log: build_llvm_2016.10.13.log



    Sascha

    after install of paython3.4 "configure" runs without any problem.
    But the build failed with "missing library -llirc"

    version: git - master ( c6c222d )
    build system: debian stable


    The build of the package lirc is broken, because after the version bump python >= 3.1 is needed.
    But this python version is not of the build dependency list / check in the pre build script, but it should added.
    Now, i start a new build with python 3.4 package installed.


    Sascha