Posts by kgmoney

I guess the difference I was looking for was the use of CNFSFile. The failing playback uses CNFSFile to open the ISO. The succeeding playback does not use it, presumably because it's a local file as far as kodi is concerned since it was manually mounted?

Here are logs...kodi.log and dmesg. I turned on debug logging and rebooted. Then played the ISO from the NFS source (setup through GUI) and got the constant buffering. Next, I played the same ISO from a source setup as a local folder that had been manually mounted (via SSH) to the same NFS share (mount -t nfs share localfolder).

Sorry, I had to zip the kodi.log...it's 8mb.

Thanks for looking!

Hi,

I love LibreElec, thank you for all the great work!

I have all my movies stored as ISOs on a FreeNAS and use a RasPi3 wired to my network to run LibreElec. It use to work with no problems, but at some point recently I think (I'm not really sure when, because we don't watch a lot of movies), movie playback became almost unusable. A given movie will play for a few seconds and then buffer, and play for a few seconds and buffer... Watching the network throughput, it will run about 700kb/s and then drop to nothing...and up and down, up and down...

Last night I discovered that if I watch a movie over SFTP, it has no problems. Also if I manually mount (mount -t nfs share... localfolder) the share on the Pi and add it as a local video source and watch a movie that way it also has no problems. It seems that I only see the issue when I use an NFS based video source setup through the LibreElec GUI.

What's the difference between an NFS video source that's created through the GUI vs a local video source that pointed to a local mount of an NFS share?

Thanks,

Kevin