Posts by wizardknight

Yes, you can use what elonesna mentioned, or I gather the reason you wanted to use zomboided was the multitude of various providers on there in which case I suggest docker along with gluetun which automates the whole process.

Please elaborate on why you gathered that I wanted to use Zobboided because of the various providers?

I specifically called out that I wanted to access my OpenVPN server.

When traveling I use my home VPN server to provide access to my media, so it would be nice if I could get an OpenVPN client running.

I will adjust my posts in the future to take your feedback into consideration.

Are there any working OpenVPN client add ons for these nighties?

On my Coreelec boxes I use the Zomboided OpenVPN add on.

However after adding it's repository to the latest nightly, I get a 'could not connect to repository' error.

When traveling I use my home VPN server to provide access to my media, so it would be nice if I could get an OpenVPN client running.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I got a hold of the Zomboided dev, and he said that it is not ready for Kodi 20 at this time.

Does anyone know of an alternative way to add a openvpn client?

Are there any working OpenVPN client add ons for these nighties?

On my Coreelec boxes I use the Zomboided OpenVPN add on.

However after adding it's repository to the latest nightly, I get a 'could not connect to repository' error.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

The GXL Nexbox A95X device-tree: https://github.com/chewitt/linux/…nexbox-a95x.dts doesn't show any audio support at all so no surprise that HDMI and 3.5mm Jack outputs aren't working. Pick another GXL box device dtb, they are all very similar.

chewitt

I tried meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb, and it seems to be working.

Maybe meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x could have the sound portion cloned from meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb?

I could easily see this causing confusion to other people expecting the dtb files to have sound support.

I am having an audio issue, and I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a known issue or a fix.

I have installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220602-98b9aa2-box.img onto an A95x-N7B box (known to be in good working order/previously used with CE images).

This is a fresh install.

I used meson-gxl-s905x-nexbox-a95x as the DTB.

I have it connected via HDMI to a HP w2338h monitor (with built in speakers and known to be in good working condition).

My issue is that there is no audio.

When I looked at the device options under audio, it only shows Bluetooth.

There are no other device options at all.

I would have expected to see the 3.5mm analog port listed as an option even if HDMI was not working.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Is there a way to get the missing HDMI audio device to show up?

Here are logs in case that helps. http://ix.io/3Zzu

Feedback for nightly LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.0-nightly-20181122-4ad81f9-rock64.img.gz

Media encoded with xvid at 640x480 and Divx DX50 at 512x384 is playing back in a lagging fashion. It feels like it is playing 3 frames and then skipping 3 frames. Other resolutions might be impacted, but these were ones I could find in my media collection.

Same media plays fine on other devices.

Hi, I’ve wrote it recently but I’ll ask again. Doesn’t anyone have the same problem: When watching movie (whatever type, from usb3 hdd/sd card) the screen stops subtitles stop but sound goes, this lasts few seconds and then everything goes normally, it happens several time during the movie. When I rewind the “lagging” passage it will play then normally(so it is not corrupted) This lagging is randomly. Sometimes after 10minutes sometimes 3 lagging passages in short interval.

Rock64 clean install 8.9.007 without any addons. 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Update: this is in the log from that time

Code
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk_iommu ff360480.iommu: FORCE_RESET command timed out
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk-vcodec ff360000.rkvdec: Failed to attach iommu device
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk-vcodec ff360000.rkvdec: vcodec service attach failed
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk-vcodec ff360000.rkvdec: resetting...
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk-vcodec ff360000.rkvdec: reset done
    Nov 17 12:21:52 LibreELEC kernel: rk-vcodec ff360000.rkvdec: reset done

My movies play fine the whole way on my Rock64. Could your board be overheating? Random lagging could be the OS trying to cool off the cpu by slowing it down.

I tried the new 8.90.007 on my rock64, and so far I have not seen the freeze or audio only after leaving a video paused for a long period of time issue.

Unfortunately I am still unable to shut off the tv when left paused via the screen saver (seems to work when I press preview, but not in daily use).

This is a move in the right direction. :)

Keep up the good work!

CvH

Feedback for LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-8.90.006-rock64.

Thank you for your ongoing work!

I would like to provide feedback on the latest alpha.

Observed behavior:

A video is left paused, and the TV is left turned on.

Screen eventually goes to black except for the time indicator in the top right hand corner.

Moving the mouse causes the video image to reappear as expected, however upon attempting to resume the video or stop it all video output from the system stops. A power cycle is required to bring the system back online.

Expected behavior.

The TV should be turned off by CEC when left paused for an extended period.

The video should be blank, and not show a paused time indicator to prevent screen burn if the TV is not turned off by CEC.

Un-pausing the video should not result in a non-responsive system.

I will try to provide pics or anything else you might like. Just let me know.

Thank you for the new images.

Feedback on the rock64. Nothing new seems to be broken. I am still seeing the video frozen/working audio when resuming a video which has been paused for a long period of time.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

Feedback on the last Rock64 image.

Previous version would go to a black screen when stopped if they had been left paused for a very long period of time.

Only a reboot would bring the GUI back online.

Now they do not go black. The audio will resume, however the last image shown on the screen remains frozen.

I can however stop the video, and restart without issue. So this is an improvement.