Posts by irishfrog

OMG I have my lcd i2c working after using info from here i played for ages and wasn't getting it right was about to give up when wife called me to come eat dinner i had rebooted pi and one last time after making no additional changes which had not work prior to that but i was like wtf...when i returned i had display

my other screen was on a different address so i changed address and rebooted "nothing" played more and "nothing" so i left it to go make coffee when i returned it worked so basically im saying when testing leave for a minute or two before u change more settings as you might have it right an not know it

hope this useless info helps someone LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008

i :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

if anyone needs it here are my files
    /storage/.kodi/userdata
    lcd.rar
    /storage/.kodi/addons
    service.lcdd.rar
    [hr]
    [hr]
    last but not least is the hd44780 file that gors into /storage/lcd
    lcd.rar

sudo gives you root (admin) privileges. In kodi you are already root user, so just ignore the 'sudo' part.

think i must give up i tried all those settings all i got was a flashing backlight

sudo apt-get ....
    get...

is that what u saying

thk that what i was looking for dome commands to try i will try over weekend and give update

Being linux noob i only know the sudo commands and it stumpt me not accepting sudo commands

Hi all haveing issues getting lcd 1602 with piggyback board on P3 (4 cables) pin

all fourms and sites use sudo to intall tons of stuff i have loaded xmbc lcd but it fails to connect

has anyone got this working as i would love some assistance

I am kinda a linux noob but in the IT feild so i can follow instructions and figure my way round

PLEASE HELP ME

thats the issue cant find instrutions for libre cause the all use sudo commands

[hr]

would be nice if you would post the instructions that you are trying to follow.

thats the issue all instructions for code are sudo commands
    for xmbc the say install xmbcproc and turn lcd on in setting ...not workin

Hi all haveing issues getting lcd 1602 with piggyback board on P3 (4 cables) pin

all fourms and sites use sudo to intall tons of stuff i have loaded xmbc lcd but it fails to connect

has anyone got this working as i would love some assistance

I am kinda a linux noob but in the IT feild so i can follow instructions and figure my way round

PLEASE HELP ME