Posts by GuustFlater89

Hi LuRu, livs, sorry for kicking an old thread, but is there any update since last year? What are latest correct working versions for LE11 and RPi3? Thnx. Would be nice if this would be included in an AddOn repo directly from LibreElec.

EDIT: I have tried to merge code for SH1122 with Luma and OledProc. It almost works... I get an image on the SH1122 display, but it is scrambled. I can recognize the information. Sometimes it is quite readable, somtimes it is more like snow. Anyone can point me in the right direction? I based it all on the SSD1322 code (since this is also a 256x64 display with SPI). One picture shows the logo (apparently multiple times in the top row). Other picture shows text "1234", which is the first line in my LCD.xml, to test some static text. The "1234" should be in the top left corner.

For me some conclusions:

- The connections to the display seem to work fine.

- The screen is not cleared properly (or not fully written?)

- All items are written multiple times to the display.

Anyone can point me in a direction towards the solution?

See my scratch code on GitHub, I only changed the following files:

- luma/oled/const.py

- luma/oled/__init__.py

- luma/oled/device/__init__.py

- oledproc/service.py

- oledproc/resources/settings.xml

Edit: I tried several initialisations. All from a working setup with an SH1122 SPI display, one from a luma.oled issue and one for an arduino I found somewhere. I'm not sure if my issue is an initialisation issue, or a control issue (resolution? buffer?)

Edit (again): I was playing around with settings and selected the SSD1322_nhd. This gives a proper image, only the start position seems to be off. The text "1234" should be in the top left corner. I do not get this, since the display was sold as a SH1122 and I can only find this display as an SH1122 on the internet. I do not know how (and mainly where) to fix the position. The SSD1322_nhd is fixed to 128x64, where my display is 256x64 (according to the specs...). When I choose the SSD1322 I get a scrambled image. Just to be sure, I reverted to the original install files provided in this thread. When selecting the SSD1322_nhd, it gives same result as in below picture, where everything s shifted. My display shows printed on the rear: GME25664-65.

Hi HiassofT I found a lircd.conf file that works on my tv. Any way to transform this to a ir-ctl setup? I use ir-ctl for other devices and I would like to use only one ir blasting solution.

Another challenge is to use discrete codes for Power_On and Power_Off. I found a document on Panasonic website ( Panasonic FTP ) with discrete Pronto CCF formatted codes. Can these be used in ir-ctl?

Hi HiassofT

Did some trials again, but still without luck. I hooked up a IR receiver module to a logic analyzer and got the following signal:

It looks similar to the code recorded with ir-ctl. I adjusted the times to multiples of 450 µs (like in the logic analyzer graph, and I'm in Europe) just to try if that might help. No luck. The tv does not blink a led, like it is not receiving anything.

I'll keep on puzzling:/. If any additional suggestions, please let me know!

Hi HiassofT, thnx for your suggestion. I tried to record the power signal (see below), but when I send this code the tv does not respond. Not led flash (only from my IR emitter...). Any suggestion? I use a MCE-USB ir blaster.

Hi HiassofT,

I changed my TV to a Panasonic. From ir-ctl man pages I found that the (native?) Panasonic protocol is not supported. Can you point me in the right direction to turn on my TV with codes like "0x40040100BCBD" (from IR Codes for TV Panasonic TX65FXW784 · arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota Wiki · GitHub) or 0000 0048 0000 0018 00c1 00c1 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0030 0090 0030 0091 0030 0090 0030 0090 0030 0091 0030 0090 0030 0090 0030 0091 0030 0090 0030 0090 0030 0091 0030 0030 0030 0840 (from RC: Infrared Hex Code Database: Panasonic CTP-25280S2 (TV) Commands (Page 1))

Hi HiassofT , I tried the doubling with the code you provided, but no luck. I can switch to HDMI1 when the TV is on, both with single code and repeated code, but not when TV is off.

Isn't it possible to apply the toggled bits to the second scancode, so there are two different hex codes? Or is it not possible to express that in a valid RC5 code?

Otherwise it might be nice to implement the togglebit functionality in ir-ctl. Don't know how many devices are needing this?

HiassofT Can I help you with additional validation of the fix in ir-ctl? Send logging or do additional tests?

I'm really happy with the ir-ctl. Now I try to get my Philips tv on this as well. It works, but I cannot get the same codes I have now. I used 2k10_2k11_RC-codes.pdf. I can switch to HDMI1 with ir-ctl ("ir-ctl -S rc5:0x0304"), but this does not turn on the TV. It only works if the TV is already turned on.

With my Lirc codes I could send the KEY_INPUT_HDMI1 code and this does turn on the TV and directly switch to HDMI1. It will be difficult (in timing) to send "TV on" first followed by "HDMI1", because my TV starts really slowly and does not respond to IR signals the first 10-20 seconds. Is there a possibility to convert the "KEY_INPUT_*" codes in my lircd.conf to ir-ctl rc5 scancodes?

I've tried with the hex codes in the lirc.conf file. If I send "ir-ctl -S rc5:0x10c4", I get an error "error: invalid scancode '0x10c4' for protocol 'rc5'". If I send "ir-ctl -S rc5:0x1039" the remote led flashes, but nothing happens.

Thanks for the info on ir-ctl. I'm trying with several codes (0x10002F, 0x100015, 0x0C0015), but no luck yet. From the flashing of the led it seems it only sends the code once (short flash, instead of several flashes I have with irsend.

I would expect by selecting a Sony protocol, the multiple sends are included?

I would be happy to test a new build, I'm using a RPi2, but I have not yet been able to send at least one successful command trough ir-ctl, I will keep on trying.

I have created an empty rc-maps.cfg, but it's not fixed yet. I noticed that directly after reboot the remote works perfect, without interfering with Libreelec, but when lirc hangs the irsend commands seem to be handled by LibreElec, resulting in showing the volume icon (and acting). Another reboot solves this again.

By the way, it is pretty difficult to avoid quick repeating commands, when trying to lower the volume for example. This normally involves several repeated commands.

I might try to experiment with ir-ctl. I read that sony12, sony15 and sony20 are supported, but where can I find the known commands? On this website (Sony Receiver (16, 13, 12, 18, 24, 144, 121, 25.11; 48, 45, 176)) I see a list with device codes and command codes. How can I extract/compose the scancode to be send to switch my receiver to VIDEO for example? Or send discrete PowerOff?

I see as header above the table Sony:16; 48 (volume, power, inputs) and in the table 34 - Video 1, Aux and 47 - Power Off (discrete). Do you know?

I'm trying both options in several configurations. I just had success with your tuned remote with "-# 5", I could turn it on and off, but only one time. Now it does not work anymore...

I tried gap value 30000 and it works again, but after turning on, off and on again I get a

Code
    busy: repeating
    Error running command: Input/output error

after a reboot it works again. After several commands the receiver stops responding, although the led flashes the same as when it was working.

I use this command (I renamed the Keys, hoping LibreElec itself would not respond to the command (see last remark in this post):

Code
    irsend -d /run/lirc/lircd.socket -# 5 SEND_ONCE "Sony-RM-U305A" "VIDEO"

It kind of works now, but a bit unstable. If I run from command-line, sometimes the command had been executed, but I need a Ctrl-C to get a prompt back.... So it gets stuck somewhere.

Code
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd_helper[342]: lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Info: removed client
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Info: removed client
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd_helper[342]: lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Notice: accepted new client on /run/lirc/lircd.socket
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Notice: accepted new client on /run/lirc/lircd.socket
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd_helper[342]: lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Error: error processing command: SEND_ONCE Sony-RM-U305A VIDEO 5
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd_helper[342]: lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Error: busy: repeating
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Error: error processing command: SEND_ONCE Sony-RM-U305A VIDEO 5
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Error: busy: repeating
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd_helper[342]: lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Info: removed client
    Nov 28 23:44:18 GuustHTPC lircd-0.9.4d[342]: Info: removed client

And I got a new challenge. Sometimes when I send a VolumeUp to the receiver, LibreElec responds, showing the volume icon. Same for power. Must be something simple, but I'm stuck...

Hi Hias, thnx for your serious effort to help me!! Really appreciated!

I tried your tuned remote, but no luck. Led flashes, but no response from receiver. I noticed that with my other remotes (RM-U305_func), when I send the signal twice very quickly after each other, the receiver receiver responses in the correct way. So I thought if I double the min_repeat, it might work in once. Strangely enough, I need to repeat 5 times quickly after each other to get a response. :/ I would expect something different.....

I also tried the "-# 5", "-# 3" etc. but no luck.

Below my lircd.conf. I just created and added the Sony-RM-U305A, by using irrecord and a mobile phone which has IR remote option. The phone itself works perfect on the receiver, the resulting remote in lircd.conf does not work. The led on the ir blaster flashes, no response from receiver.

Hi, just checked and no errors in the "systemctl status lircd". When I add another (different) Sony remote and try to use it, I do get errors. So I removed it again and went back to the original. Leds on the transmitters flash (so I assume it gets an signal), but still no response from my receiver. I will keep on puzzling and maybe try ir-ctl (only need to find out how to get the codes, since I don't have the original remotes :/).

If you or anyone else has new suggestions, please let me know. I really like the helpfulness of this forum!! :thumbup: Thnx!!

Woow, this is great! Thanks so much for your help! I'm feeling stupid I did not find the correct socket, I have been trying and searching, but no luck. Now I have my Philips TV working again.

Still have a problem with the Sony receiver. Does not respond to irsend -d /run/lirc/lircd.socket SEND_ONCE "RM-U305_func" "VIDEO". The blasting led flashes, but no response from the receiver. It used to work when I was still at OE 4.x. I remember something with Sony IR that you needed to repeat the signal, maybe you know more about this?