Posts by olympia

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I know tvheadend is doing the descrambling via the cwc configured in the CA section. That's how I've been using it for long with dvb-s2 tuners directly attached to the same device.

Where I am confused is the SAT>IP part. So what you are saying is that tvheadend would see the inputs from Digibit R1 via IP on the same way as it were inputs from a directly attached tuner (e.g. the mentioned TBS6909) and it can add the descrambling to it?

So connecting 4 LNBs from my quad head to Digibit R1, then adding the Digibit R1 as source to tvheadend and having tvheadend to do the descrambling would work perfectly?

I have been long using my original wetek plays as tvheadend server with two DVB-S connections, but unfortunately all of them has got broken.

I am looking into alternatives now and wondering what would be the better (and better supported) option between using SAT>IP (Digibit R1) or throw in a TBS6909 card to my unRAID server and get it used by a tvheadend vm (I also want to go up from 2 LNBs to 4 LNBs)?

Based on my reading I tend to think that SAT>IP would be a more streamlined solution? So I should get a Digibit and just run a tvheadend pointing to this in unraid?

However, there is one thing I cannot figure out about SAT/IP: how descrambling with cwc would work in this case? I.e. in the above setup with Digibit and tvheadend can I still use/add cwc client in tvheadend when it gets the inputs from the Digibit via IP or descrambling should be already done in the SAT>IP server before the inputs get translated to IP? If the latter, does Digibit R1 has a CWC client?