Posts by icewolf69

Hi all, I need some with 4K stuttering on playback. I've tried searching the net but there's so many different kodi and OS operating systtems, and different settings for those and the boxes they're on, i'm not finding much helpful information.

I'm currently running LibreElec alpha Kodi 17. I have:

Intel NUC D54250WYK1 (i5-4250U) with 8GB of ram on an SSD.
    Onkyo 757 Reciever (4K pass through/upscale, 2016 model)
    Vizio 4K TV

I never have any problems with 1080p content, but when I play native 4K content (like 4K demos that i've downloaded) I get a lot of stuttering and the CPU usage is at 100%.

I have the resolution of Kodi set to 1920x1080 because I don't want kodi doing any upscaling and from what i've read, moving the resolution to 4K makes kodi do the work. I thought this might solve the problem but it didn't.

I've tried messing around with settings>player>Videos settings like VAAPI and VDPAU. And also durring playback video settings like deinterlace method and video scaling method, etc.

Nothing i've tried has fixed the stuttering problem. I thought that that my CPU would be powerful enough to play 4k content at at least 24fps, but am i wrong? I'm not sure if maybe i need some special fork that has special intel display drivers?

Does anyone have a setup similiar to mine with working 4K that they could share?

Also, a little off topic, but in Kodi, when i switch the display resolution to 1920x1080, the GUI color is off. It's like too green. If i switch it to 4K resolution the GUI looks accurate and normal. But playback video color seems to be the same in both resolutions. Any suggestions here?

Thank you

Just an update. I was automatically updated to 003 and the search was still not working. But then I went into add-ons and searched for global search and saw that it was already installed. I updated from the kodi repo and now the search function is working again.

TLDR; update/install global search

So on Kodi 17, I've noticed the search on the home page upper left stopped working. I know it did at least at one point because I tried it when I first installed it.

When I select the search bar, and I search local library, the dialogue box disappears like it's opening something else up but then nothing happens.

Is there a seperate addon I need to install?

Thanks