Posts by clarkss12

Argg!! Chewit is correct, that is my cheat sheet for Ubuntu. I bounce back and forth between LE and Linux, I forget which cheat sheet to use. I just love these inexpensive Amlogic boxes, they are soooooo versatile, I am always tinkering with them.

This is how I install the Plex server on my different Amlogic S905 and S905x boxes. Should be the same for your Odroid.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

sudo su -

apt-get install apt-transport-https

wget -O - dev2day-pms.gpg.key | apt-key add -

echo "deb Index of /pms jessie main" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list

dpkg --add-architecture armhf

apt-get update

apt-get install binutils:armhf

apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

To setup Plex Media Server, on the same machine you installed the server on,
    open a browser window,
    and go to web.
    Or example. web

updated LE – Google Drive with 64bit 8.0.1h and some pvr client/server addons
    [built from kszaq git repo on tag 8.0.1h]

I just installed it on my X9 (Amlogic S905x, same as MiniM8S11) and it is working well. I primarily use it for Live TV using tvheanded server/client and HDHomeRun tuners for my TV streams. I installed your tvheadend server and tvheadend client, everything went well. Setting it up now.

I already have LibreELEC running on my Beelink Mini MX 3 (Amlogic S905) and using it for my tvheadend server.

I don't see any difference between your port and Kszaq's port.

I know the temps look normal and in reality it should handle 20C higher. However, it's not unlikely that the temps reported can be offset by a considerable margin, so I would just take into account the deltas. And the jump in temperature seems to indicate that the box is under greater load somehow. It could be an extra cause for failure. Unlikely, but it can...

Now, prior to reflashing android using the toothpick method, I've tried by clearing the data, cache etc, from recovery, same outcome. I think the bootloader was reinitialized as well, because I needed the toothpick again to boot LE from the sdcard. As far as I'm concerned the box has a probable hardware failure on the EDID stage. What I'm not sure is if flashing with toothpick and sdcard leaves some partitions untouched, which might be corrupted and the cause of the box's behaviour. That's why I wondered if flashing using a PC is better, and can fully restore the unit.

Otherwise, I'm led to believe that I borked the HDMI port somehow by plugging and unplugging too much. On the other hand the port does not look physically abused, so it might be a case of the box being electrically damaged or something along those lines.

Just food for thought... :s

I am sure that you are aware, that you should NEVER plug/unplug the HDMI cable while under power.

Hey guys, having time off but still have Tapatalk. [emoji56]

Please observe if there are any audio issues in the dev build compared to 8.0.1e. I haven't posted any changelog but there is a fix for better fractional frame rates support and a change in audio handling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Turn your phone off and enjoy your vacation..... LOL

Updated to 1e, tested tvheadend client with both S905 and S905X, works fine here with SD, HD, FHD and 4K (remote tvheadend server with dual dvb-s2 and 4 sat positions on a diseq multiswitch)
    [hr]
    Twitch and youtube addon are acting up, though. Streaming video stops after a few minutes.

So, you are not running the Tvheadend server on your Amlogic box? Our problem is with the server running on our Amlogic box.

Same problem here, running tvheadend server on my Beelink miniMX 3. I am using my older dual ATSC HDHomeRun OTA tuner as my TV source. I get the same error as you. My tuner has led's to indicate when a tuner is in use, when I click on a channel to play, both led's turn on. So, guess I have to revert to an earlier version, because this device is my whole home DVR.

Edit: I had been running the "c" version, not the "d" version, but for testing purposes, I reverted back to the "d" version and the same problem with tvheadend. Reverted back to the "c" version (which I had been using), and now the tvheadend server is working great again.

Edit 2: Did a hard reset and had to setup my tvheadend server again, but seems to be working OK, now. Very strange that I had to a complete re-install, but now my tvheadend server and client are working.