Posts by renzz

I had openelec on nand and I decided to switch to LE (003). I wiped data, restored android and flashed LE using toothpick method.
    When I power on the box (MiniMX 1-8) it starts with 720p resolution (even though the tv is FHD)... but it's not a big problem. The issue is when I try to play a 1080p movie, because I see something like this:

I see something like that also if i try to change resolution to 1080p in settings, but if I give a (blind) confirmation and I reboot the box it keeps the 1080p setting and I have no problem... until I turn off tv and box, because when I power em on again everything starts from the beginning.
    There wasn't this issue on OE.

I had almost exactly the same issue as this last night on LE (003). My box is a V02 20160118 and had been working ok on 003 since it was released (installed to nand). I switched my amp to it last night (it was powered on already) to find the screensaver frozen, and no response from the remote. After I pulled the power and put it back, as it booted my TV showed it connect at 720p/60 whereas it normally intially connects at 1080p/60 (and then switches to 1080p/50 which is what I have set in Kodi). I had the same problem as above with the same corrupt screen, and I too figured out you had to do a blind "Yes" to fix it when changing resolution.

I think I also had this on a second box that I was running from SD (a Sumvision Cyclone 4+). Although this was conected to a PC monitor via HDMI to DVI, I had the same problem with the same corrupt screen,.

Definitely somthing broken in HDMI negotiation in this build.