Posts by fmafma

There where nothing else in the log file, I can assure you (the log was the first after reboot).

But I found the issue: it was a nfs access problem! My NAS manage rights as sh..t, and uses ACL; some of dir permissions was strange, and didn't prevent to list files, but did prevent to read these files :o/

Al works fine now. Thanks for your help.

PS: BTW, is there a command in the console to play a file using the nfs://xxx syntax, like I did with vlc on my other computer? It would have show me the problem...

The log I posted above are from kodi.log.

And yes, LibreElec can decode flac, as I have such files, which I added long ago, I can still play.

I made a test, using the Kodi file manager: I can't copy a flac file, but I can copy the cover.jpg file which is in the same dir!!! As if the system refuse to access .flac files. Could it be an extension issue (more than 3 chars)?

Any idea?

Hi!

I have some troubled to access some flac files. In the log, I can read:

2020-03-31 17:59:00.462 T:140537515427584 ERROR: Init: Error opening file nfs://192.168.0.5/data/Musique/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.flac

2020-03-31 17:59:00.462 T:140537515427584 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file nfs://192.168.0.5/data/Musique/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.flac

2020-03-31 17:59:00.462 T:140537515427584 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder

But I can read the files from another machine, using:

$ vlc nfs://192.168.0.5/data/Musique/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx.flac

How can I check from kodi, in a console, if I can access to the file? Is there a maximum depth for nested dirs?

Thanks,

Frédéric

Hi!

I just upgraded from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 and I now have a ratio problem: squares are not square anymore. All displayed things (menus, videos, photos...) are vertically compressed (for example, a 16:9 video looks like a 2.35:1 one)...

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Frédéric

Ok, I found the solution!

First, drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware becomes drm.edid_firmware.

Second, the syntax of the video param is now video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D instead of video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60:D. No more : before D. Grrr!

Then, I had to generate 2 edid.bin files, one for the monitor, one for the projector. When using the monitor edid.bin file for the projector, the projector timings where wrong (it worked fine previously). So, the entire solution is:

# mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware/edid

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/projo_edid.bin

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-2/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/monitor_edid.bin

# cd ~

# mkdir -p cpio/lib/firmware/edid

# cp .config/firmware/edid/* cpio/lib/firmware/edid/

# cd cpio/

# find . -print | cpio -ov -H newc > ../edid.cpio

# mount -o remount,rw /flash

# mv ../edid.cpio /flash/

# nano /flash/extlinux.conf

on the kernel command line, add:

initrd=/edid.cpio drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/projo_edid.bin,HDMI-A-2:edid/monitor_edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D video=HDMI-A-2:1280x720@60D

And finally:

# cd /lib/firmware/edid/

# ln -s /storage/.config/firmware/edid/monitor_edid.bin monitor_edid.bin

# ln -s /storage/.config/firmware/edid/projo_edid.bin projo_edid.bin

# reboot

Hope this helps!

Sorry for digging this old thread...

I just upgraded my kodi install to Leia (9.0.1), and the above hack does not work anymore :o(

I only get the image on the monitor, nothing on the projector. And the monitor uses resolution 1440x900 instead of 1280x720, as asked in kernel command line.

Old files where still there after upgrade, but I re-did the entire procedure, without success.

Any idea what has changed? It seems that the kernel does not take into account the additional params. Is there another way to do that, now?

Thanks,

Ok, so I dug deeper on the hardware... and found the problem!

In fact, there where 2 issues : the hdmi input I was using on the amplifier does not work well anymore, *and* the HDMI cable was also faulty :o( So, my initial tests with this cable didn't show that only 1 HDMI input was buggy.

Very strange all this occurred after a shutdown. But, well, it did!

Again, thanks for your help!

I run kodi on a Intel Nuc.

The audio output is configured so kodi decodes audio streams and output 4.1 channels, through the HDMI output. All was working fine until last week. I shutdown everything before I left, and when I returned and restarted everything, no audio at all.

I checked to see if it was an amplifier problem, but, no, it was kodi not sending anything. I upgraded LibreElec (8.2.4 -> 8.2.5), and after reboot, audio worked again. I though a param was lost during the shutdown or so...

But last night, I tried to play a multi-channel movie (DTS): no sound! If I configure the output to limit to 2 channels, it works. But as soon as I have more than 2 channels, nothing. I tried to re-enable the audio passthru: same, no audio when playing the movie (I see the PCM label blinking on the amplifier, saying there is a stream missing or problem). But all works fine on music, or with UI sounds (2 channels only). I tried to change a lot of params, without any success.

Any idea what happens? Software? Hardware? I'm puzzled...

Thanks,

Frédéric

Ok, I finally made it work!

I followed what is written here:

custom_edid [LibreELEC]

In my case, I used the monitor edid datas, but projector datas would have been ok too, as the common resolution I want to use (1280x720) has exactly the same values for both. It is just that the projector was off when I did it.

But I changed the additional parameters given to the kernel. I used:

Code
      initrd=/edid.cpio drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720D video=HDMI-A-2:1280x720D

First, for drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware, I didn't give the output, so it applies to all.

Then, you can see that the video param can occurs several times. It is there possible to force the resolution (and other stuff), and the final D is to force the output even if there is no monitor/projector connected (or switched on).

And all works great :)

BTW, it is possible that using a single video= param, without the output name, also works; I let you check if needed, I'm tired to edit/reboot/edit/reboot (I may have done it 65 times!).

Sources that helped me:

custom_edid [LibreELEC]

Kernel mode setting - ArchWiki

Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) is great, but may not work as expected: OSADL - Open Source Automation Development Lab eG

Hi!

I use LibreElec/Kodi on a Intel NUC, which has 2 hdmi outputs.

The first HDMI output is connected to my HT amplifier, to decode audio, and the output of the amplifier is connected to a monitor (resolution 1440x900).

The second HDMI output is connected to a projector (resolution 1280x720).

I have issues when I boot Kodi with or without projector/monitor on: resolution are not always correct.

Is there a way to force resolutions on each output, to match the screen/projector, even if I switch them on after booting Kodi?

Thanks,

Frédéric