Posts by roott

Many thanks for investigating the network topic vpeter!

I am not sure if I correctly understand your service experiment. But the TCP-Server "farewell.py" appended to post #4 works like a charm. So there must be network service when I telnet to port 2017 on my server (track is the DNS name) in shutdown.sh.

I added some log messages which yields (192.168.8.97 being the IP address of the rasbpi):

Code
    ('192.168.8.97', 52814) connected at: 2017-11-09 14:13:49.724839
    Requesting poweroff

Hi mglae. I tried the logging, but gave nothing (probably for the reasons given by vpeter).

OK, vpeter. I hoped that this could be avoided.

What I came up with yesterday evening is a simple TCP-Server (my first Python script ;-), see appended code, which is run on the server in autostart.sh. In shutdown.sh then this service gets called:

Code
    poweroff | reboot)
          telnet track 2017 <<EOF
    $1
    EOF
          ;;

Hi all,

I know that it is a "misusage" by me, but would be grateful for any help.

What I'm trying to achieve is this. I installed LibreELEC 8.2.0 / 8.2.0.1 on two systems:
    1. Intel HTPC (x86_64), acting as a TVheadend server (DVB-C adpater, ...)
    2. Raspberry Pi 2b as client in another room where I am watching TV

When I switch the power off using a remote control with the rasbpi I want the HTPC to shutdown too. For this I tried to use a ssh forced command. Authentication is done using public keys without passphrase (see Config connect ssh wo password).

What I found out until now is that this mechanism works perfectly if I am logged in interactively in my client. But when it is executed from KODI - using shutdown.sh - the raspbi hangs in ssh (my guess) and the server runs still.

Please find attached my current approach. I tried several options to ssh including "-n". Any suggestions / comments would be appriciated.

THX