Posts by SamWhiskey

Maybe you misunderstand me.

The Pi Desktop is just is just a hardware case having an mSATA interface (used for recording movies) and a hardware to switch-on/off the Raspberry Pi. It is not a desktop manager.

I want to use this case but always running LE only. But I need a service running to control 2 GPIO pins for ON/OFF feature.

But I understood, there is no easy way to expand the read-only area. So the only option is some area in /storage.

Thanks for your help.

An IP address with DHCP of 168.254.243.28 should never appear. I assume, you have a problem in your network connection.

As you told, other devices seem to work. But maybe the 100MBit LAN of the RPi has a problem.

If available, try to add an additional switch between the powerline and the RPi.

Check the network with ping.

Hello,

I try to install the Pi Desktop package on LibreELEC. It mainly consists of several python files to be copied to /usr/share/. There is already a thread here dealing with this issue, but it just is discussing about a small solution.

I did download the Debian Source Package from v1.1.0.tar.gz and want to make my own install script.

In LibreELEC this is a read-only area created from /flash/SYSTEM. What is the best way to install these files?

1. somehow get it into /usr/share by merging it into /flash/SYSTEM?
    2. create a second location in the rw area (e.g. /storage/.kodi/system/usr)?

Sam