Posts by Superlink

I felt exactly the same as you. You have to ask for help, be patient, ask again if you don't understand and eventually you will overcome the problem. In the case of SMB shares, it was Microsoft that killed the anonymous and browse features when accessing shares. This was necessary for security though. If your hardware doesn't support the new SMB versions, you will have to bite the bullet and replace it or stay with older versions of Libreelec. As far as moving to another platform - good luck with that. They most likely will have the same issues.

Going to stay with 8.0.2 for now. When I have no choice but to update, I will try Merlin's firmware for my router if a new one hasn't been releaed by then. As far as other platforms go, android is still good to go.

I did read them, now what? If there is a secret to making it work like it used to, maybe you could let us all know what it is. If I could figure it out for myself, which I have tried to for countless hours, I wouldn't be here asking for help.

I read them, I just have no clue what the hell it all means. I just know that what used to work doesn't anymore, which is most unfortunate for those of us that don't know how to fix it. In the end, I guess some of us will have to move to other platforms if need be. Unfortunately.

I'm running Libreelec on 2 intel zotac mini pcs. Updated both to 8.2, now neither one connects to my usb storage drive plugged into my Asus RT-AC66U_B1 router. Went back to 8.0.2, and all is fine again. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make it work with 8.2.

Thank-You.