Posts by Rubytux

Hi all,

I have a Khadas VIM 1 Basic that i use as a media client.

The LE image i flashed on the SD Card is this one: LibreELEC-KVIM.arm-9.0.2.img.gz

I am trying to play a 4K HDR Movie in the Plex Add-on of Kodi, but it tries to play it, however, it latter says: "Plex, Playback failed!" in the top right of the screen.

I have enabled the debug mode and i think i have a log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

When playing a 1080p movie it plays it OK, however, i cant play any 4K HDR movie, i am not sure, but can you confirm if this is an expected result of internal changes done to Kodi/LibreELEC ?

I think i read in the Kodi forum to forget about 4K and HDR, but i didnt understand what it meant. Now that mi Khadas VIM 1 Basic has arrived i think i do, or may be it is just a bug of the Plex Add on for this release.

Hi all, i am trying to play PSone games, but they are not being playable. I have tried to insert the BIOS for the USA region in different folders, but no one works. I tried in the BIOS folder and in the root folder.

There seems to be a System folder in the micro SD card, but Ubuntu says that it is in Squashfs and it can not open it. I already installe the squashfs-tools(it was already installed), and the System folder just appears grey. I can not create another folder named System in order to place the PSone bios cause it already exist.

Can you help me please ? I am using VIM 1 Pro. I burned the image using Libre Elec's own burning tool.

The file i burned was this one: LibreELEC-KVIM.arm-9.0-RR-201852-52323f1.img.gz

Attaching how it looks on Ubuntu 18.04

----------------------------------------------

I found the correct place. It was in Storage

Hi all, i am new to the forum and i would ask and seek for some advice

I am about to buy a Minix U9 for about $107 on 11.11 using a coupon. I know it is a S912 and i am aware of its GPU driver limitations, it is just that i am looking to play DD+ audio on streaming services to my DD-only soundbar.

I know LE with Kodi can transcode DD+ to DD. However, has anyone tried to transcode audio using streaming services ?

I also have two Mi Box and a M8S Pro plus, one of the 6 month old Mi Box has already video problems and the M8S Is on a working but faulty branch, i get a complete freeze like once a day.

I am looking for a more reliable hardware. I know the Nvidia Shield is at the top, however it is pricey and it doesnt offer Youtube HDR, as it lacks VP9 Profile 2 decoding.

The second best choice would be the Minix U9, however, why isnt it much mentioned here? I think thats the best S912 device, althought pricey. I would be happy to pay its price if i can get a working device for at least 2/3 years. Is this expectation realistic?

Anyone has tried Youtube HDR on LE for the Minix U9 or any other S912 device?