Posts by stoic74

I manually upgraded to LE 10.0.1 last week with no problems that I could see, which included Kodi V19. I then tried to add my libraries from my NAS (Synology DS920+) via NFS. It took a long time but it saw the URL but when trying to open that URL to assign the folders to movies or TV series the system never went anywhere for 5-10 minutes. Tried this several times with same problem. Double checked there were no permission changes or problems on NAS. So I gave up on LE 10.0.1 and manually installed 9.2.0. No problems in loading NAS files. Then manually loaded LE 9.2.6, again with no problems. Since the NAS never changed, only the versions of LE and Kodi. I know it has to be one of the two that cannot resolve subfolders on the NAS. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thank you for any ideas.

P.S. LE machine is an Intel NUC NUC8i3BEK, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD NvME 512GB

I am running LibreElec 8.02 on an Intel NUC NUC7I3BNK with a new Harmony 950 remote. When hitting the shutdown button the remote immediately shuts down both the TV and Intel NUC without a shutdown menu. Two questions:

1. Based on my experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux machines it is not good to shutdown with the power switch (one should exit via a shutdown window). So is this harming the LibreElec OS or its configuration on the Intel NUC?

2. If this is not a good shutdown method (which also makes restart unavailable) what is an easy way to add the normal Kodi shutdown menu ("S)?

Thanks very much.

P.S. Have the same questions with a new Harmony 665 in another room and another Intel NUC.