Posts by jtsepp

One of the two Terratec Cinergy T2 Stick HD got lost suddenly.

lsusb shows that it’s there but the firmware is not loaded:

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2548:1002 Pulse-Eight CEC Adapter

Bus 001 Device 003: ID eb1a:8179 eMPIA Technology, Inc. Terratec Cinergy T2 Stick HD

Bus 001 Device 006: ID eb1a:8179 eMPIA Technology, Inc. Terratec Cinergy T2 Stick HD

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Devices are directly connected to to PC (HP Prodesk 600 G3).

Devices disconnected and connected, rebooted with and without the devices connected but nothing seems to work.

Any hints on what to try next? /shrug

dmesg @ http://ix.io/4ttq

I had Pi3 freezing when it was doing postprocessing for advertising with comskip. The process of comskipping HD stream seemed to be too heavy for the little device. After disabling the comskip addon I haven’t had any issues and libreelec has loooong uptime without issues. Of course I don’t have any logs to prove it but I’m happy now when everything is running smoothly. Perhaps other cpu intensive addons can cause these hangs to Pi?

Got it.

Comskip now included to libreelec and the post processing command should be:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini %f

Got it.

Comskip now included to libreelec and the post processing command should be:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/comskip --ini=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/comskip/comskip.ini %f

In the tools.comskip bin directory there are two binaries comskip and comskip.bin. The latter gives the error message. It use to work with previous version of libreelec :)

I’ll just use the comskip one...

With libreelec 9.0.1 it gives an error message of cannot find libavutil.so.55. Anyway to fix this? There was some mention that comskip can be found from tvheadend addon. I tried to search but could not find anything. Any help appreciated.

I vaguely remember seeing some post somewhere about an old openelec=>librelec upgrade problem with too small disk partition which is originated from openelec times.

I’m currently running upgraded 8.2.5 with the following disk partitions:

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (RPi2.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # df -hT

Filesystem Type Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs devtmpfs 370.3M 0 370.3M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk0p1 vfat 1.0G 141.5M 884.5M 14% /flash

/dev/sda1 ext4 916.8G 729.7G 140.5G 84% /storage

/dev/loop0 squashfs 131.1M 131.1M 0 100% /

tmpfs tmpfs 375.8M 0 375.8M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs tmpfs 375.8M 7.5M 368.2M 2% /run

tmpfs tmpfs 375.8M 0 375.8M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs tmpfs 375.8M 24.0K 375.7M 0% /var

tmpfs tmpfs 375.8M 0 375.8M 0% /tmp

LibreELEC:~ #

Was it about the size of /flash partition or something else?

So will I be in a ”bad place” if I’ll start the upgrade process or should I just do a clean install to save myself?

Hi,

and first of all thanks for excellent work you have done with LibreElec.

Do you know if it’s possible to configure timeseek similarily as it was possible to do in Topfield pvr5100 addon SkipIt (Topfield TAPs - Skip It) i.e.:

first seek 3 minutes or configurable amount forward

if it was too far jumping back would seek backwards 1,5 minutes

if it was too far seeking forwards would be 45 seconds

and so on until 0

With the above model it was supereasy to jump over commercials very quickly

jaMO