Posts by micheal

it has been my understanding that usb and ethernet on the pi use the same controller. if you're having problems with only the pi and its on ethernet and usb i would guess the controller failed. are they still 35usd? if so it wouldn't be too much too get a new board to test with you have everything else already. if its not the board then you have one for libreelec and one for another project. may not be what you want to hear but its what i would do if the same happened to me.

i appreciate all of your help. i had a bit more time this weekend to spend on this and i was able to figure it out. i can't explain why lirc doesn't work and keeps timing out but i have atvclient functioning properly (which is good enough for me).

first issue the customcontrollerharmony.xml i was using uses a 1 in front of all the key codes. so while kodi on libreelec received a code of 01when i pressed up kodi was set to look for 101.

second even when i programed my harmony 650 as an apple remote libreelec would identify it as a multi-remote.

third when scrolling through my bash history i found the ssh client that i would sometimes use from my phone would not send option codes so when i thought i would send atvclient -m only atvclient would be sent. then at that point my harmony would be identified as an apple remote and work.

so i fixed my customcontrollerharmony.xml. and everything is working.

as it turns out it was several issues on my end and not any fault of libreelec. i pass this information on in case anyone else has this happen.

thanks again for your help and this great product

unfortunately i have no good news to report back i still have no remote even after setting up lirc as you suggested. i even used systemctl to stop kodi just to be sure. when i tried irrecord on /dev/usb/hiddec0 or any other hid dev i got this output

Could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check permissions)

when i tried ir-keytable this was the output:

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

when i try irrecord on /dev/bus/usb/004/003 it will tell me

Hold down an arbitrary key

then it times out after 10 seconds for no input

the flirc is plugged in for the moment as the computers built-in ir port is not working. I am using a harmony 650 that is setup as multiple apple remotes. I have every intention of using the built-in ir if I can get it working properly.

as stated if I systemctl stop atvclient then type atvclient -m without using systemctl my harmony remote works perfectly with the built-in ir port.

I know this issue has been discussed in other threads. In a couple of those threads it was indicated that 8.2.0 would resolve the ir issues with the mac mini. Because of this I waited to post to see if 8.2.0 would resolve my issues. It hasn't. I have no issue that I am aware of with hardware. Atvclient is running but doesn't respond to my remote. If I kill the atvclient process and manually restart the process (ie. atvclient -m) then and only then will I get a response from remote input. I also noticed if I use systemctl to start the atvclient process then I have no response from remote inputs. I had upgraded to 8.2.0 from 8.0.1 so I tried a fresh install with no change. I have tried irrecord to no avail. My applier device is hiddev0 its physical address is /dev/bus/usb/004/003. it is not listed with dmesg | grep lirc but it is listed with lsusb. Is there something else I could be doing to make the atvclient recognize remote inputs aside from a startup script that kills and restarts atvclient?