Posts by EdwardEnglish

EdwardEnglish

You can see my github commit log which is linked in the OP. I currently use 4.14 kernel, Mesa 17.3-rc4, libdrm 2.4.85, libva 2.0.0, intel-vaapi-driver 2.0.0 and xf86-video-intel from git. I don't have coffee lake, but it'll definitely work better than the already outdated stack in LE 8.2. Give it a shot.

OK, I would like to give it a shot.

I first have to install latest stable LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.2.0 and then update to your version, don't I?

My problem is, that I can't even launch the latest libreelec because it's still on kernel 4.11.8 which does not support coffee lake's GPU, meaning I get into kind of a boot loop telling me X cannot start. So I find it hard to update...

Hi guys,

please don't mind my noobish questions but I've been querying this thread from the beginning and the end for a few pages each but couldn't find anything about update logs or what's so ever.

Basically my question is, did you try this on a current version of Intels Coffee Lake and does hardware acceleration with h264 and hevc 10 bit work?

Which kernel do you use, which Intel drivers are installed? (latest stack recepie from their website?)

I know I am early on this topic but I use a Intel Core i3 8100 4x latest coffee lake and tried to install Linux distributions like mint or Ubuntu none of which were able to deliver sufficient results in hardware supporting, I enabled kernel variables like i950 alpha support.

I just installed Win10 and everything works out of the box with the latest Intel drivers installed, hevc 10bit samples run smooth like butter.

Nevertheless for my own ideologism I really care to get in running with Linux.

I am glad for your feedback.