Posts by supersnail

Small problem trying out
    LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-nightly-20180608-8a0bf6c

When viewing video less than HD say 480 content with device resolution of 1080 the resolution is switched down to 480 due to whitelist.

When this occurs using view mode of 'stretch 16:9' black bars appear above and below the image where it makes no sense for them to be present. There are no bars in the video content itself.

You can work around it by switching from stretch 16:9 in the video menu to something else and then back to stretch 16:9 then problem goes away and video content appears correctly as expected yet the same problem creeps up and requires correction every time a video is viewed.

You can also work around it by disabling whitelist so resolution is not switched down to 480 in the first place or by setting the device resolution to 480 so no res change occurs when viewing content.

Me too.. native resolution pass-thru is feature I most would love to see.

While 480p and 720p content is playing just want it to switch to 480p and 720p respectively. Don't care about 1080 just these two would be awesome.

Using an Odriod-C2 amlogic upscaler isn't bad or anything... Yet very much noticeably inferior to X-Reality Pro chip in my set. DVDs especially look blurry in Kodi compared to same content bit-for-bit played from a player with native pass-thru which looks amazing for what it is... almost HD quality.

See a difference albit to a much lesser extent with 720p content playing same recorded content side-by-side between Tivo /w pass-thru resolution. Kodi is more blurry/aliased and seems to have less detail.