Posts by johnberg

hi Johnberg,

Try my settings AND shut down after the Box, pull plug and plug in for boot. Sometimes only Setting change doesnt work and softboot also sometimes work.

So for me i got on my H96 Pro+ all DTS MA ... DD True HD ... and so on to work ...

Hope this helps, greetings ;)

Thanks Jarod,

You have almost the same settings as I have, I made them exact the same and did a complete reboot. But no succes, still pcm output:cry:

BTW, I every day switch my box complete off, by using a switch between the 230 V side of the powersupply.

I did the same for many years with the Raspberry Pi (after software shutdown of course)

So you have full DD+ and DTS over hdmi, this is really strange.

Kodi on Android did also not work, but LE should be able to support DTS passthrough.

I just installed this on a H96Pro+

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HS MA, TrueHD: Up to DTS tested fine, can't test anything higher

I have the same box, but I can't get DD+ and DTS passthrough get working.

I use the same settings as with my Raspberry Pi which did it fine.

I have connected the H96 with hdmi to my LG TV and the TV is spdif connected with a simple Logitec Z5500 homecinema set.

My TV always shows "PCM" this should be Dolby Digital or DTS

Only when I enable "Dolby Digital AC3 transcoding" I see "Dolby Digital" on my TV display, but this is giving audio with many distortion on my TV audio speakers.

Number of chanels I set to 2.0 but 5.1 is making no difference

Set to 5.1 you can't hear voices speaking on TV speakers.

Actually I tried everything but no results.

With these settings it worked fine on my RPI:

Output device: Alsa: AML M8 audio hdmi

Number of chanels: 2.0 or 5.1

Passthrough allowed

And enabled all what my Z5500 can handle

The subtitle bug is a Kodi bug that I am unable to solve and nobody in Kodi team seems to care about it. It is present on all platforms.

[BUG] Frame skips caused by forced subtitles

Thank you Kszaq for quick answer, but why does Kodi 17.3 in Android not have the same issue with the subs in the same movie.

Is it due to 17.3.

Is it easy for me to downgrade Kodi to 17.3 in your build, just for testing?

Or does that need expert level:@

I also installed LibreElec on my China H96 Pro + 32 GB/3 GB.

Main reason was that the Android version did not support framerate switch (very essential).

Actually everything is working the same as the post above from Chilluk, even HDR...wow!

Remote don't work, but I use CEC so I don't miss it.

Even zoom from 4K movies is supported and this made me very happy, Android could not.

I don't know if this is due to Krypton 17.4, Android had 17.3 ??

Or maybe from the good work of Kszaq :)

There is only one thing that could be better:

I am from the Netherlands and Dutch people mostly use subtitles.

I tested som 4 K movies with extern srt subtitle and the combination of a panscan in the movie/subtitle causes a light hiccup at the moment that the subtitle appears.

A pity this is annoying if you know it, without this issue everything would be perfect for me.

If I boot back to Android with Kodi 17.3 it is playing smooth with subs (video frequency manual of course)

Without subs the same movie in LibreElec is also playing fine.

I read this issue before with heavy Korean subs:

hiccup with subtitles

or could this be caused by the 17.4 Krypton,

or maybe because of the fact that there are no fbdev Mali libraries??

90% happy at the moment and hope this subtitle issue can be solved.

Many thanks to Kszaq!