Posts by johnberg

I writed the SD card a second time with exact the same files as you.

At first I did the setting to allow Yatze, this is not activated in default, so I keep control.

Again when I set video output to 4K I get a kind of 3D half OU screen, CEC lost.

BTW 3D is dissabled.

Then some testing with 4K movies, but video output I keep to 1080x1920.

The movie is played in 4K (set automatic) but the interface and subtitles have a very strange behaviour:

-Control bar below not visable

-Subtitles not visable or double (same as with 3D) and keep frozen with first.

-percent circle sometimes double shown and also frozen.

I think the interface is having problems with 4K in this build on my H96 Pro+

Full HD movies are playing fine with right subs and interface.

Interface language setup also not possible after reboot, only English.

As far as I know it should just boot to the different SD cards without the need to do anything extra as long as you stick to one SD card/USB stick at a time.

Thank you, I tried allready and you are completely right, no need to do anything extra.

Only with setup to 4K output it went wrong with Leia.

Good advice, I gonna read the other topic first.

Why would you want this? What is the problem you're trying to solve?

I am very satisfied with Kszaq's last build, but there is one small thing I really would like to test.

A few pages back I wrote about the framedrops (hiccups) when using extern srt subtitles.

At the moment the subtitle appears there are 1 or 2 framedrops.

I read about this in other topics and there was a suspicion that this issue is due to the Krypton version.

So I thought just try Jarvis or Leia to be sure.

Maybe there are older builds from Kszaq with Jarvis, but are they just as good as the latest 8.2 build?

I begin to think that you can't simply install Jarvis on LibreElec 8.2 , am I right?

I mean just as you can with Windows or Android.

The easiest way is just install a complete build.

Compiling needs expert level???

Maybe I better look for a second SD card and just try Jarvis just to sure:)

Are there Jarvis builds for S912 anyway:?:

Hi, I have a H96 Pro +

In LibreElec with Kszaq's build Kodi 17.4 zoom with 4K movies is working fine.

In Android 7.1 with kodi 17.3 zoom with 4K is not working, only 1080P zoom works.

Is this due to Kszaq's build or to Android 17.4?

Is there any fix for this in Android?

How to up- or downgrade Kodi in Kszaq's build?

Hi Rubytux,

This afternoon I tested some Youtube apps/addons on my H96 Pro+ , a $60 S912 Android box on which I also installed LibreElec.

First the Youtube app out of the box on Android.

This is just crying, completely worthless.

Then the original Youtube app from Google Playstore.

A little bit better but there are no options to switch it to 4K and HDR.... forget it not over hdmi as it should be.

When play a 4K movie eveytime 720p, sometimes you can force it to 1080p but that's it.

Then boot to LibreElec and use the Youtube addon in Kodi.

It plays everything in 720P, I really begin to think now that Youtube is boycotting it and HDR forget it.

As far as I know only the Google Chromecast Ultra is able to play 4K with HDR over hdmi, so your TV transcode the HDR.

I always play Youtube right from my smart TV (LG Oled) and this also not give HDR information, but I must say it looks stunning. I don't know how it works, I think HDR is transcoded out of the box from Youtube.

For me the best way at the moment.

And I hardly forgot it: no advertising, the Android apps make you really sick of advertising.

Kodi addon not, but only 720p;(

OK this is my experience, if somebody knows a special app or addon, please let me know.

My conclusion for now:

If you want to enjoy full 4K Youtube with HDR metadata over hdmi buy a Google Chromecast Ultra or maybe some Samsung TV's can handle it.

But for now I am really happy with Youtube right from my LG smart TV:)

Thank you very much Tim and the_Bo:)

Adding that id="15" to button was the final step and now it is working perfect!

I did use WinSCP and did login as root - libreelec

When I boot back from Android to LibreElec no blue light on my H96 Pro anymore, but as I said I can live with that.

I can now ful enjoy my box, but it wil mostly stay in LibreElec I think:love:

Thank you The-Bo,

That's clear language!

Tomorrow gonna try it and let you know:shy:

Could not wait to try it8)

After a long time or searching to the location ( hidden?) found the DialogButtonMenu.xml file and edited it.

Wow, it is listed in the shutdown menu of the confluance skin: "Reboot from internal"

but.......I can't select it with the remote from CEC. Oh what a pity.

Then I switched back to the Estuary skin and then I could select it and it works!!!

Stupid, but I can't exactly remember if this option was there before my editing in the Estuary.

I think so but I don't know 100% (bad memory)

From the Confluance I only see it but can't select it;(

But OK, I made a lot of progres, don't need to eject the SD card anymore.

Happy, but not 100% because I wanna get it work from the Confluance skin.

I did the text editing just with copy/paste in WinSCP and then tried to make the alignement the same by using space/back, I hope I did it well.

I did paste the complete text under "5"

Now the big question: How to get it work from the Confluance skin.

Then it is absolute perfect in combination with the Android app to boot back to LE.

Simply said: don't need to stand up anymore from my lazy chair:P

BTW: If boot back from Android to LE (with the app) no blue light anymore on the H96 Pro+ but OK can live with that.

You can modify every skin - my way was editing .xml file in skin folder

Hi Tim,

Can you give me a clear work around to edit the .xml file.

Which tool do I have to use: WinSCP or Putty??

I am not a linux expert so please use donkey language.

I am using the confluance skin now (just like this) and would be very happy if I could add a button to boot back to Android in the power menu.

Thank you Tim,

I always use the confluance skin and the only options I have now is: "Shutdown" - "Timer" - "Reboot"

I will gonna try it:)

Update: sorry, I can't find these locations:|

as an aside, you can install reboot to libreelec on Android. details?id=me.thomastv.rebootupdate&hl=en_GB

This is a nice app in Android, but if you are in LibreElec the only way to come back in Android again is:

-Shutdown LibreElec

-Mainpower off

-SD card eject half out

-Mainpower on again

-Then it boots to Android again

If you want to use that nice app in Android again you need to insert the SD card first again.

This are many handlings.

My question: is there a same app (addon) for LibreElec for booting to Android again:)

A bootloader everytime you start up with the choice LibreElec/Android would be even more perfect.

I have H96 Pro+

i wouldnt worry about it i have an s905 and an s912

and tbh the s912 is fine just the same as the 905 in libreelec

kszaq has done a really good job

and on android its night and day better the s905 is a dog compared to the s912

I just am very interesting: are there more people who compared the S905 to the S912 with LibreElec?

Is there any noticable difference in the performance of video (4K movies), which is better or are they just the same?

Does the S905 build have the original Mali GPU libraries and the S912 just an Android alternatief?

My experience with the S912 on H96 Pro+ with Kszaq's build is just perfect: smooth 4K playing with perfect colors, what could be better?

Does the S912 with LE-build also support 10 bit color?

Would movies really look more better if we had the original fbdev Mali libraries?

I think it is almost perfect allready:)

BTW also gui performance and scrolling through the libraries is running like a charm on my H96 pro+