Posts by davidsilva

Doesn't anyone know how to delay starttup so my external hard drive has time to spinup properly. Its very flaky at best when booting up. Some times its there other times it isn't. Ive previously had a portable hdd (2.5,) attached which worked fine but now moved to a powered external hdd (3.5 inch.) Its doesn't always show in file manager. Any help would be great.

is there a system file I can use as a template im trying to get this docker addon to boot properly. https://hub.docker.com/r/haugene/transmission-openvpn/

Ive run the container via command line and seems to work and there are instructions to boot via system included. This is what ive done but could like to check it before I try it.

PS where are the docker system d files stored?[Unit]

Description=haugene/transmission-openvpn docker container
    Requires=service.system.docker.service
    After=service.system.docker.service

[Service]
    TimeoutStartSec=0
    ExecStart=docker run --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --device=/dev/net/tun --env-file=/storage/.config/transmission-openvpn/config/DockerEnv -d \
    --restart always \
    -v /storage/.config/transmission-openvpn/data:/data \
    -v /storage/.config/transmission-openvpn/config:/config \
    -v /var/media/EXTHDD/Downloads/Watch:/Watch \
    -v /var/media/EXTHDD/Downloads/Incomplete:/Incomplete \
    -v /var/media/EXTHDD/Downloads:/Downloads \
    -e PGID=0 -e PUID=0 \
    -e TZ=Europe/London \
    -p 9091:9091 \
    --dns 209.222.18.222 \
    --dns 209.222.18.218 \
    --name transmission-openvpn \
    haugene/transmission-openvpn

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

I installed docker and sickrage and it asks for a group id and user id. -e PGID=<gid> -e PUID=<uid> With Libreelec running everything as root, what would the group id and user id be please? I used 1001 and its not that as it cant move files. I googled it and it says the kernel would see user id 0 as root but not the group id. I haven't tried them yet incase its wrong. Also is there an easy method to reconfigure a container? Or is it just a matter of stop the container and changing the parameters again?

So no moonlight on Libreelec 9? Can version 8.2.105 be ported over? Once geforce experience is blocked from updating it works great. Using steam even allows you to return back into libreelec. Only thing that doesn't work is vibration but that's not even in moonlight yet

Made some great progress with this today. Just managed to play crash bandicoot with an xbox 360 controller on moonlight on libreelec x64. I'm gonna try and iron the last few kinks then post a guide.

Got sound working now, Also got it booting first time. Need to fix the lag issue next.

To get this running Ive done the following:

1, Ive used the older libreelec addon moonlight 8.2.105 as this has controller addon support.

2, Installed Nvidia Geforce Experience 3.1.2.31 NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.1.2.31 - Download - Filepuma.com

3, Blocked updates from installing as any other version on Geforce Experience stops Moonlight from working. Show hidden files and folders> Navigate to C:/ProgrameData/NVIDIACorporation> Delete any contents with in the folder > Right-click the Downloader folder > Properties > Security > Advanced > Add > Select a principal > Object name: Everyone > OK > Type = Deny, Basic permssions = tick "Write", untick everything else > Keep clicking OK until all properties are closed > Job well done! 

4, Configure the settings in the addon but make sure the hardware acceleration is unselected, and audio settings do nothing.

5, Fix the sound with the guide from the following link Moonlight x86_64 sound fix. How-To

6, Reboot Libreelec and open the addon, you should be greeted with a code asking you to pair with your windows pc. DONT try to load a game yet.

7, Copy the contents of /storage/.cache/moonlight to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.moonlight/keys with file manager on libreelec or ftp server.

8, Reboot, Enjoy game-streaming

To reduce input lag, try 720p at 30fps and use a bitrate of 5000. Tested for a few hours with a xbox 360 controller and it booted everytime without a problem.

docker run -d \
    --restart always \
    -p 0.0.0.0:8099:8099 \
    --name googlehomekodi \
    -e KODI_PROTOCOL="http" \
    -e KODI_IP="libreelec" \
    -e KODI_PORT="8080" \
    -e PORT="8099" \
    -e KODI_USER="kodi" \
    -e KODI_PASSWORD="kodi" \
    -e AUTH_TOKEN="mypassword" \
    keydon/googlehomekodi
    running that via ssh results in:   Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8099: bind: address already in use.

When running "netstat -pna | grep 8099" I get:

tcp 0 0 :::8099 :::* LISTEN 958/hyperiond

"docker ps -a"

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
    f98cc7bd9a19 mariadb:latest "docker-entrypoint..." 5 days ago Up 7 hours 0.0.0.0:3306->3306/tcp mariadb

Is my hyperion install using this port? if so how do I change it. My hyperion is from the services addon within libreelec.

I'm looking for a bit of help running google home from docker. The docker addon is here https://hub.docker.com/r/keydon/googlehomekodi/ The problem is the port, It seems to conflict with my MariaDB container. When running the google home container I get the following error Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8099: bind: address already in use. I believe this is due to this: f98cc7bd9a19 mariadb:latest "docker-entrypoint..." 3 days ago Up 11 hours 0.0.0.0:3306->3306/tcp MariaDB Can anyone help me? Would I need to expose my webserver 8080 to the internet? It does say self hosting doesn't require the kodi webserver api to be exposed to the internet, but doesn't say that under docker. Any help would be great.

it's not an app. The Google home interacts with the webserver, port 8080. Bit like the core app on android. I need to configure the up script to use eth0 instead of tun0 so the Google home can see the webserver. Without the VPN on it works great. Anyone know the correct up script for this to work?