Posts by MartyB95

Hello,

I have been working with LibreElec for a couple of years now and have come across and issue that I hope can be quickly corrected.

I am running the LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20181120210239-#1120-g39219f8 build from Milhouse nightly builds. When I go to update the InputStream Adaptive and the RTMP input they will not update to the versions from the Libreelec repo.

The adaptive stream shows a version of 999.2.3.11 by Author peak3d I am trying to update this to the Libreelec version 2.3.6.0 which is the current version at this time. RTMP input has the same issue.

Can anyone tell me what to do to either remove the current Adaptive inputstream or how to update it??

Thanks

Martin

Hello KSZAK,

I have been working on trying to get your S805 version LibreElec installed on a TV110/MX Pro android box (Amlogic S805). See the enclosed picture of the box. I will first explain what I have done so far and then describe my issue and hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction to fix the issue.

I first tried all three of the S805 images (MXQ, HD18Q, M201) on an SD card and used the toothpick method to try to get the image to boot. No luck. I found a version of OpenElec (v6.0.0.2) that was compiled for the TV110. I tried this image and it installed and ran fine. The only issue is that it was using Kodi 15.2 and not the 17.4 version. I searched everywhere but there was no other TV110 builds after that version. This is where I decided to experiment. I took the latest tar file for the HD18Q (LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2-8.1.10-HD18Q.tar) and unpacked it. I then copied the contents of the target folder to the update folder in openelec via ssh and rebooted. The device upgraded and much to my surprise came up fine with Kodi 17.4. I then copied over my kodi build files to the device via ssh and rebooted again. The box booted back into Kodi with my skin and addons just as it should. This looked like a success story.

Now my issue started to appear after running or being idle for a while. I would get random freezes and would have to reboot. Sometimes this happens when playing a movie or sometimes when it has been sitting idle for a while. I am fairly new at this so I have exhausted any ideas that I have and was hoping someone could point me in the direction to correct this problem.

Update Oct 17, 2017

So with nothing to lose I wiped out the entire Kodi build that I put on the box. I then restarted the box which re-created a vanilla Kodi 17.4 install. I have left this for 2 days now and there has been no freezing. This could be a coincidence but think the freezing was caused by one of the addons I had in my build. I am going to add them back in one by one to see if I can track down which addon was causing the issue. So right now it seems that the path I took will in fact allow me to upgrade the other two TV100/MX Pro boxes that I have. I will update once I have done more than one.:shy:

Update Oct 19, 2017

:( Well perhaps I was too optimistic in my previous update. I left the box overnight and late the next day when I went to resume it was frozen. I had turned off the monitor it was attached to for testing and perhaps with the loss of video signal it caused some problems. Either way I applied Kszak's wake lock patch and left my monitor on and am re-doing the test overnight to see what happens. In the meantime I will go through the Kodi logs and see if there is anything in there that might shed light on the freezing issue. Anyone with any thoughts please respond to this email. I would really love to have a stable Kodi experience.