Posts by Rino74

i know there is limits in the RPi when it comes to HD sound, shure i can leave it as it is, but when i read the text i was wondering more because what i have searched the net ALSA got better preformance on passthrough than Pulseaudio, but RPi can't handle the bitstreaming so therefore is pulse better. but it was more a fun thing to try . :D ;)

well i use it as a standalone media center and i would like to try change it, just to see if it work better or not as they wrote, i don't care about bluetooth audio. and if it's not working well no big deal.

well i was reading some info about Pulsaudio in the official Kodi wiki and there was this text, so i thought well in my case i should try use the ALSA. SO therefor i just curious how to change if the LibreElec used the Pulsaudio.

6 FAQ

Link
    You should use PulseAudio when:
    • You use your Kodi computer mainly as your Desktop when you don't run XBMC.
    • You want other applications audio like Skype, youtube, browser mail notification in parallel with Kodi.
    • You use Kodi in windowed mode as Desktop player
    • You use Pulseaudio as a network sink to stream Audio to other devices in your living room.
    • Passthrough is nice to have for you, but to be honest - you don't really need it.
    • Whenever you plugin your Bluetooth headset, Kodi audio will continue over this new device (when Default 'PULSE' device is chosen)
    Link
    You should use ALSA when:
    • You use Kodi as your standalone media center.
    • You are highly interested in bitperfect exclusive audio output.
    • DTS-HD, TrueHD is something you use daily and is of high importance.
    • You don't need other applications that would access audio in parallel.