Posts by edit4ever

I've has issues when installing versions in the past where I couldn't get into the web interface. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall the tvheadend addons...and make sure to delete the userdata files as well. When you uninstall through kodi - it doesn't delete your settings...so you have to do that manually to get a clean install.

Definitely check the epg source list for multiple versions of the same channel first. If there are more than one - select all the versions that have the correct channel number/name. You only need the one that is the "right" one - but it's easiest to select them all for now and see if that gets things working.

I not seeing the parameters you speak of... Maybe because I have 4.0 instead of 4.2

Dropbox - Untitled2.png

right - forgot about that difference. It does look like ther are OTA grabbers enabled at the bottom of your screen grab. You should turn all of those off to speed up grabs. Most of them are for Europe. You can leave on the ATSC one if you like.
    [hr]
    If you find you have multiple occurences of the same channels in the epg source (that I mentioned above)...you can delete them and start over you can connect to your LE system over the network in windows explorer. You'll want to delete the files in the following folder: \\LIBREELEC\Userdata\addon_data\service.tvheadend42\channel (replacing the 42 version with your 40 folder)

Then you can setup the epg source again once the grabber runs the first time.

Can you post a screen grab of your EPG GRABBER tab and have the zap2xml grabber selected so it opens the parameteres window on the right.
    [hr]
    one other thing...it looks like you have other channels listed in your epg source dropdown... you might want to give that a good scroll and make sure there isn't another version of the same channel further down or up the list. The newer version of tvheadend lets you access that list and erase the old/unneeded grabber channels.

I had a setup once where I had three versions of the same channel leftover from previous zap2xml setups and I had to make sure I had the right one selected.

no - you only use the xmltv configuration if you're doing the xmltv file separate from your backend (tvheadend)

If the system log is showing the grab - you should see it list not only channels but it should list the number of programs added as well. You don't need to worry about kodi until we see program guide info in the tvheadend epg tab.

do you have an account setup with tvguide and/or zap2it? Do you have a set of favorite channels or just grabbing the whole list of channels?

Can you post your last tvheadend log info from the grab like you did a few posts ago?

Perfect - that shows that you are getting the channel download. It also means that the channels are not actually connected to the zap2xml grabber as the epg source. If you have any other grabbers on, you may have selected the wrong source on the channels tab under epg source.

Take a look at this screen grab and make sure yours is showing zap2xml in the epg source column for each channel.

Dropbox - Screengrab EPG.jpg

You're getting very close! :)

On the EPG GRABBER tab there is a button for rerun grabbers...on later versions (4.2) there is a button for internal and OTA...I think you'll only see the OTA button, but it should force the other to run. If you have an OTA grabber enabled, make sure you set the priority for the zap2xml to a lower number (higher priority) or it will likely just pull the OTA data.

If the rerun OTA grabber button doesn't work. Just reboot - that forces it to rerun.

Do you have more than 1 epg grabber enabled?
    [hr]
    Also - as a starting point. Limit the days to 3 on the zap2xml config screen and turn off the other options like extra details and picons. We want to make sure you get a full guide load without the zap2it server timing out.

That may be happening because you have two versions installed. No worries - you can use the 4.0 version and we'll get the guide up and running. If you have the web interface up (using 4.0 I ssume) and you have scanned your channels, installed and setup zap2xml and connected the channels to the epg source. Check to see if you have a guide (really just program listings) in the tvheadend web interface.
    [hr]
    Also - I can't remember if this version had the muxes or not - but you can install and check. Make sure if you do - you first uninstall any other versions.

Dropbox - service.tvheadend42-7.0.101-1933.zip

You are correct about the muxes...something happened to their build system that removed the ATSC-T muxes from the addon.

You can install this version first: Dropbox - service.tvheadend42-7.0.100 (1).zip

That should have the ATSC-T muxes in it as it is the original LE version.

Then install the updated version from here: 4.1-2141-14.07.2016

-- Even with the 4.0 version, you should be seeing the guide data...so if you want, we can troubleshoot that version when you get home.

No worries...each system can sometimes be tricky to setup at first. Two things I would do first. Go to the ELECTRONIC PROGRAM GUIDE tab on the tvheadend web interface and see if there is program listing data there. If not, then the next step is to go to the EPG GRABBER MODULE tab and make sure that the zap2xml grabber is enabled and you can make sure the others are disabled.

Also - as I am running an Rpi3 setup on LE 7.02 - I would recommend uninstalling tvheadend 4.0 and installing the 4.2 version. Once you have that up and running you can install the latest build from here:
    http://build.mycvh.de/Tvh-LE7/

I have been running 4.1.2141 one and it works well.

On the Tvheadend web interface...check to see that the channels (on the CONFIGURATION>CHANNEL/EPG>CHANNELS tab) have been connected to the epg source. If not, you can click in that field and you should get a dropdown of the available channels that were downloaded by the plugin. Program data will not be downloaded unless the channels are connected to the epg source.

Also, if you open the log screen (double arrows on the bottom right of the web page) you can see if the xmltv file is being generated and channels are being downloaded. Just open that window, then you can rerun the grabber on the EPG GRABBER tab and you shold see the updates in the log screen from the plugin.

Here's an update with a delay option. If you have a large list of channels and want to download a lot of days and all the extra details and program options, chances are the Zap2it server with kick out an error and stop your xmltv file from getting made. You can try setting a delay to sleep between http requests to keep the server happy. I've set the delay in .25 second increments so you can test to see what works for you!

Here's the link to the updated file:
    tools.module.zap2xml-0.4.zip

Let me know if you have any issues. I'm getting closer to submitting to the LibreELEC and OpenELEC repos but I have some work to do on getting the folders and files setup right.

You need to create a "patches" subfolder in the package folder, then add "diff -Naur" patches to that folder in <package_name>-<package_version>-001-name-of-change.patch format. The numbering decides the order that patches are applied. The default package sources will be unpacked and your patch-set of changes will be applied before the package is built. Have a look at other packages; there is no manual for the LE build-system but it is full of prior art

Thanks I will take a look and decipher! I find it fun to dig into previous work so I'll give it a go.

I do wonder if there is a way to setup a build like CvH does for the tvheadend nightlies that would pull from my own github version. MIght make submitting changes back to tvheadend easier.

I'm looking to improve the tvheadend genres for the US and would like to test by using the tvheadend addon for LE.

I've cloned the LE source and can compile the current version of tvheadend (7.0.2 - tvh version 4.1.1945) that is in LE, but what do I need to change/run in order to make changes to the tvheadend source and then recompile? I made changes in the src files of the extracted tvheadend42-5374573 folder but I can't seem to get a compile with those changes.

Do I need to change the tvheadend source in the package.mk file to my own fork of tvheadend? Or maybe just create a patch?
    And what commnd do I run to allow the compile to rerun and overwrite the previous output?
    BTW - I am running this in Ubuntu 14.04 and compiling for RPi2/3.

Thanks for the help and if this post belongs in the development section - please move it!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking at changing the extended description option to allow the turning on/off of the different extra elements (like HD, CC, rating, etc) as well as an option to put them in the start or end of the description. If you like that idea let me know.