Posts by Martin Goose

You can update from LE10 to LE11. You cannot (or should-not) update from LE9.x or earlier to LE11 due to Python3 changes.

Thanks. I am currently on 10.0.3 and it will not update to 1`0.0.4 . When I put the 4 files from

LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0.4.tar into the update folder on the RPi and reboot it objects to one of the updates as having an incorrect md5 sum. I checked the md5 sum was correct before trying again but still the same error.

I will try again with the update to 11.x when it arrives but it looks like a clean install and restoring backed up settings will be the best option.

I misunderstood the usage of min and max. I had assumed that the SMB client would first try the max setting and if it failed drop down a version until it connected or the min version was reached. I thought that setting both min and max to SMBv1 would mean it could not use SMBv2 or SMBv3 to connect to SMB servers that would not allow connection by an SMB1 only client.

There is the Samba min & max version setting in Kodi, and there is the Samba section in LibreELEC's Settings Add-on, for SMB server purposes. No need to poke in the guisettings.xml file itself.

I had seen these settings but assumed that they all referred to the SAMBA server in Kodi not the SAMBA client.

I have just replaced an old RPi running LibreELEC 9 with a RPi 4B running LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0.0.

Almost everything is now working as expected except for SMB access to my old Drobo FS. SMB access to a PC running an up-to-date version of SAMBA is fine so I suspect that the version of SAMBA on the legacy Drobo FS is the problem.

Looking at the guisettings.xml file in /storage/.kodi/userdata there is a line as follows:

<setting id="smb.legacysecurity" default="true">false</setting>

Is this the setting that controls access to legacy SMB software or is it somewhere else?