Posts by hello_world.c

Trying my MCE remote with H5 OrangePi PC2 and a recent nightly build for the first time, actually it's a Logitech Harmony configured as MCE which has always worked with LE. Not here, Kodi doesn't react. When I test it in the terminal I get for example:

The sensor is working but there are no events generated it seems. According to Infra-Red Remotes - LibreELEC.wiki MCE is supposed to always work out of the box. What am I missing?

Edit: Turned off CEC in settings, makes no difference.

Currently running version 8.95.003, but it has happened and still happens in all 7.x and 8.x versions that I've tried. The HTPC is an Intel NUC clone with integrated graphics and connected to the TV through HDMI, all modes available are correctly detected up to 4K/30Hz, but this mode leads to performance issues and choppy playback so I want to run it at 1080p/50Hz only. The HTPC with LibreELEC is running 24/7 to serve tvheadend to the network but the attached receiver and TV are (hard) powered off in between to save power and greenhouse gases. The problem is when they are powered up again in that sometimes, the screen mode is changed without notification to 720p or 4K/30Hz, neither of which you immediately notice in the UI but leads to degraded performance when playing video. When I go to Settings - System - Display, the dialog "Save this resolution - Would you like to keep this change?" immediately pops up and when I select "No", the correct configured video mode is restored. For me it's only inconvenient but for the rest of my family it's too involved so they typically just "suffer through" or call me when I am available.

I've tried running a script to force the resolution back to the default using xrandr and call it every time Kodi comes out of screensaver mode. But the dark phase while switching the resolution is irritating and even worse, sometimes when calling xrandr, the PC loses audio over HDMI from which there is no recovery other than rebooting the PC. So unfortunately, xrandr is not the solution.

Does anybody have any tips or hints? AFAICS there could be two ways to approach it, first from the graphics driver if there was any way to prevent switching to any video mode other than the desired one, second from Kodi which seems to be able to detect the current graphics mode but doesn't do it unless the display settings dialog is opened. If there'd be a hidden "maintain configured graphics mode" option that would be perfect.

Thank you for your work on this. I'll have to wait until HDMI audio output is working because in my set up I can't use analog audio (or rather, it doesn't make sense). CEC is less important for me and only a nice to have and at that price point I don't expect smooth 4K support.

Standard IR receiver on pin18 tested working on two Pis, one RPi1, one RPi2. On RPi1, it works fine in LE 8.x. On RPi2, it works only in OpenElec 8.0.4 no problem (so hardware is good) but not in LE 8.0.2 nor 8.1.2 beta. irw doesn't show any key presses on the RPi2 in LE.

Both times when testing with LE 8.1.2, the machines were configured identically:

config.txt:

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=18,gpio_pull=1,rc-map-name=rc-rc6-mce

dmesg shows identical output on both machines:

CEC turned off in Kodi settings, lirc turned on in LE settings on both.

Had to switch to OE 8.0.4 on the RPi2 for the time being for that reason.