Posts by Djenka

Hi All,

in continuance of my previous solution proposal to have dual audio out (in my case SPDIF + HDMI), at last I found the response from the gentleman that was kind enough to keep this alive and running "xhbl", other contributors as well.

This provides true independent DUAL AUDIO.

Original forum topic here:

[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/Gotham/Frodo)

Please note that on the page 44/45 there is a compiled LibreELEC version 8.2.0 and 8.1.1 for x64 systems.

Dropbox downloads can be made without registration (please see the bottom of the direct download popup window).

Other systems can get their solution here:

Index of /OpenELEC-DualAudio (up to v6.95)

Index of /LibreELEC-DualAudio (up to v7.0.2)

ALL ABOVE COURTESY OF THE RESPECTIVE CREATORS, AS FOUND ON THE PROVIDED LINKS

A bit of experience sharing: it seems to cooperate better if the first audio device is set to be the SPDIF and the other device to be the HDMI/DP for the telly.

In my case, I turned on downmix to stereo for the telly and bypass for the SPDIF with later Not having stereo downmix.

I wish the logic of pecking order between the outputs and their settings was not as opaque but fiddling with the settings helped me get the desired outcome: DD/DTS to SPDIF and stereo to the telly.

On my old Pi2B I use digi+ add-on board for Toslink/S.PDIF and only a certain modified "DualAudio" version of KODI is available to drive both tv and TOSLINK outputs independently. That Pi is now replaced but it had "OpenELEC-RPi2.arm.DA-6.95.3.tar" build.

I believe a "Dual Audio out" setup is required, as this is technically the same problem I had before with this one now.

Something along the problems with HiFiBerry:

Configuring OpenElec/LibreElec with device-tree-overlays – HiFiBerry

I wish I had time to tinker with this, will likely have to concede for now.

I saw some inexpensive (under $30) HDMI switches with TOSLINK out and also plain in-line HDMI digital sound extractors and may use that instead. Except this is a workaround, not a solution... against my principles.

EDIT:

Hope this helps

I looked at my hifiberry pi settings. It has two "AUDIO" entries in the settings and the first one is the TOSLINK, with bypass set to on.

Second "AUDIO" is the telly (PI:HDMI")

Tried LE 8.1.2 and... no dual audio - same problems

The Apollo Lake SoC does not support HDMI 2.0 natively, but instead Intel has added a LSPCon that will convert the DisplayPort signal to HDMI 2.0. According to the spec sheet for the MegaChips LSPCon

Likely true what you say:

That might be because of the LSPCon (I think that's the correct name) DP -> HDMI converter.

From inside the device it probably looks like a DP port but talks through the rear HDMI port.

@ Klojum,

A lot of word indeed. But it is a first post and I believe I should have introduced my self a bit.

I am sorry that it seems that the message got obscured by the words, in spite me using points 1. and 2.

I was looking for a general explanation.

@ chewitt

Thank you for the response and time you took to read "my" problem and make it "ours".

I did find Confluence as per your instructions.

"If the initial check is done while network drivers are still loading - which happens on ultra-fast booting LE..."

That is a very plausible explanation of the problems. I will remember that in the future

Anyway, now it is water under the bridge.

Thanks.

wrt the forgetfulness, that must be the issue that came with (or along with) Kodi 17 as it was not there before, in my experience. Thinking of it, there may have been an instance where there was a reset in earlier Kodi versions but the system would announce it and I would know what went on. My OSMC and OE used to be forgetful in early stages with 17 but OSMC seems to have corrected that after a few system updates - hence my presumption that underlying OS had input into the issue (and I reverted OE to V16 whilst the latest was v17.1) More to it, Kodi 17 on my work pc (WinLosedows 10) did not have this problem. Without trying to debate the problem any further, the forgetfulness seems to "engrave" itself after a number of restarts and re-setting.

"If it works on OE and not LE we can assure you it's more by accident than design"

I will not try OE again until the next HTPC (re)creation and by then the problem could be bygone.

Bottom line, chewitt, thank you.

LE will stay there as it was doomed for me if stuck in "Estuary"

Hello all,

Been using KODI since the early XBMC and I find it the best media interface.

Since the beginning of the OpenELEC, I used it as preferred over RaspBMC.

Later on tried OSMC and it is still on use on my old Pi2 B

About 9 years now

Without much beating around the bush, wonder why the Confluence skin was made hard to get.

I rejected the initial change to Kodi 17 based on Estuary skin alone (focus on looks, lack on focus on multi-functionality - unlike Confluence) and only changed up since I found I could get Confluence.

Now I got my new i-NUC as HTPC (can do flawlessly x265 in 4K) and I decided to give LibreELEC a chance... but a flop.

Here are my findings:

1. KODI seems to forget the settings randomly (every 2-3 restarts the resolution falls back to 1080, audio pass through etc)

and

2. Confluence is supposedly there but I need to be a nerd level programmer to get close to Confluence (but no cigar).

1 seemed to be the issue with my Pi2B and OSMC at early stage but not in 17.3

2. is the issue *only* on the LibreELEC install (same Hardware works well with... *the drummer's version*, OSMC and earlier)

I could not get any other skin until I installed the only available "add-on skin" the Estouchy and now COnfluence appears from the Interface meny but complains of dependency and fails install.

I used LE tool to load install files (latest as today) onto USB and installed clean from there.

intel NUC6CAYH (J3455 + 8Gb + wifi/BT + 320Gb SATA HDD + 512Mb video) KOdi 17.04

I did search various keywords and not much info (bucketloads of Q's as mine though)