Posts by dortmunder

Hi. I realise that the sub-heading of this section is "Amlogic S802, S805, S812 and S905, S905X builds" but I don't see a similar section for S912. Perhaps the sub-heading just needs to be changed...

I have a problem with LE on my Minix U9-h and my googling led me to this thread which is the same problem on the Minix U1:

Minix U1 LibreELEC 8.0.0b NO Audio on Headphone Jack

I have an adapter containing 2 RCA jacks plugged into my U9's headphone socket but get no sound from my amp/speakers. Is this a known issue that's perhaps still waiting to be fixed? Thank you.

Hi. I've just put LibreELEC/Kodi onto my S912 box. Prior to that, I could put the box into standby (green light) or off completely (no light). With LE/Kodi, I can only go as far as 'green light' but it would be nice to be able to have the full shutdown option. It seems possible according to this which I found on the web:

I have the same skin as the image but my options are only Power Off System, Custom Shutdown Timer and Reboot.

'Exit' seems to be the one I want - is there any way of getting it? Thank you.

Possibly. I was going from memory.

However, good news (I hope) – I had another go, this time with the Terminal Emulator method. Don't know if it made a difference but I used 'Terminal Emulator Free' rather than 'Terminal Emulator for Android' which I'd tried before. It all went smoothly and I've done two restarts, both booted into LE. I'll monitor the situation and come back if there are problems. Fingers crossed...

Hi kszaq. I used WRXTASY's tree because he has his Minix U9 working with it (he says that if I get the LE logo screen then the tree must be correct).

But anyway, I did a factory reset of the Minix, rewrote my card with 8.1.8 and replaced the tree with gxm_q200_2g (renamed, of course). I used the 'hold power button' method but didn't get the LE logo. Instead, at the top of the screen in 'command line' type writing is 'error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL-LIBREELEC'. I typed exit and keep getting similar messages.

Have you any thoughts as to what my problem is? Many thanks.

Hi. I have a Minix U9-h and want to use LibreELEC just as I did with my previous cheap S905X box. I took my microSD card from the old box and rewrote it using LE8.1.8 and WRXTASY's version of the device tree. With this, I've come very close to success – I've used the Terminal Emulator Reboot Update method and the more simple 'hold power button until LE screen appears' method. In both cases I got the LE screen (name, logo and slogan) to appear. Then 'Libreelec Community 8.1.8' appears top left in 'command line' style font. But then the screen then goes blank and stays blank...

So near yet so far. Can anyone suggest why I'm getting the LE screen and nothing more?

I've noticed one strange thing after writing the Sdcard – one of the files is named s905_autoscript. Could that be the problem (905 rather than 912)? Seems unlikely as 'LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2-8.1.8.img.gz' will contain the same files for everyone...

Or should I have used the '.tar' file? If not, what IS the '.tar' file for?

My thanks for any assistance offered.