Posts by 5schatten

Well what does the Dolphin logfile say if it doesn't come up?

Beside RCB I guess that won't be possible since you're still starting a third party program. Also Kodi is only muted and runs in the background, so it probably still reacts on inputs. As I said there's reason why Retroplayer was invented or Kodi is shutdown otherwise. How should RCB run programs normally? What does it's documentation say about starting prgrams while Kodi is active?

Regarding the J5005 I have one and I can confirm it allows you to run Beetle-PSX perfectly fine (tested with multiple games: Broken Sword 2, FF9, Symphony of the Night, Crash Team Racing, Suikoden...) and is light miles ahead of PCSX-ReARMed in terms of accuracy.

For PCSX2 on the other hand there's no way you can handle that with a J5005.

I will test with other emulators at some point (like the CPU hungry beetle Saturn) and keep you updated.

But if you want to play all games till Dreamcast/PSX/N64 and some additional Game Cube (not all but most of the games) a J5005 is a pretty good price/performance deal.

NUC or some ITX Board?

Build RR-20190302-33d5f21 is online for Generic & RPi

• Addon repo should be fixed
    • RPI video previews fixed -> no swapped color channels anymore
    • updated to latest LE9.1
    • upgraded Generic kernel to 4.19.26 / RPi to 4.19.25
    • updated to mesa-19.0.0-rc6
    • updated to nvidia 418.43
    • updated to xserver 1.20.4
    • updated Skyscraper to v3.0.5
    • updated Hatari to v2.21
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated citra & dolphin

Well this won't work as you might think. If RCB is Rom Collection Browser and a Kodi addon you can't use my scripts out of the box. You have to write start scripts that just mute Kodi instead of stopping it like it's done here LibreELEC.tv/google-chrome-stable at libreelec-9.x-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub.
    The you have to export the SDL audio driver LibreELEC.tv/910-audio-settings-common.conf at libreelec-9.x-rr · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub since PulseAudio won't work on the fly when Kodi is running. Basically you can use my scripts as template and replace the kodifreeze.sh calls appropriate to your needs.

Or you stick to Retroplayer, sacrifice all standalone emulators and use RCB /shrug

and then run this by /bin/sh -C /path/to/the/script

Ya, ok. My bad... Games are loading now and sound is working but I can't configure the controller because the Dolphin menus are not fitting on my TV screen so I can't see all the options. Probably a Dolphin thing and not an issue with your build though.

Navigate to the config addon as described

LibreELEC 9.x RR [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify | MakeMKV ] disable autoscale in the Qt section and play around with the manual scale factor. If this does not help read the FAQ and configure xorg.conf according to your DPI.

Thank you for the explanation. I think I'll update the official libreelec installation with yours. I have a question about this: if I upgrade the existing installation with yours, have I to uninstall some addons first (ex. retroarch, emulationstation, amazon vod, tvheadend server, netflix) or it'll update those addons with yours?

Thank you

Well basically hopping between the builds should work so install my build to have a proper partition then install the vanilla LE and update to my build once you have your addons. I'm currently building a generic build and probably will upload it tomorrow if everything works fine.

Any trick to getting Game Cube games running? When I select one the TV goes black for a few moments the then returns to the EmulationStation menu. I know the .iso is good because they work fine on my Windows PC with Dolphin. Thanks.

Logfiles...:/ anyway I guess you haven't set the audio device in the addon, did you?

i have a fresh Installation now on my Homepc (I5 2500k, GTX 1080) Gamecube for example runing fine, PS2 iam in the same Situation i think.

I have Bios, and some Testroms in the right Directory. Docker is installed now. I start ES. Choose PS2, It goes short on the Kodi Screen Back, then it Start PCSX2 and give me the Warning GS Plugin Failed to open. I can press Ok and see then the Plugin Tab.
    Under the Section "GS" i have the Plugin "GSdX (8.2.1 SSE4/AVX) 1.1.0 [libGSdx] and 3 other Options.
    So i cant play PS2

No PCSX2 just doesn't run with nvidia drivers as docker image for whatever reasons. Maybe it's a PCSX2 config thing but since I don't use any nvidia cards in my htpc stuff I did not look into it.

Well I think that's something everyone should decide for yourself. A path like /storage/roms/*system*/savefiles would be okay if you prefer a somewhat clean directory. I've stored my roms in a central place and play games from different systems so for my usecase it makes sense to store the savefiles in this central point too.

The gamestarter repo has Emulationstation version 2.0.1 that hasn't video preview support. You've merged last version of emulationstation. I'm trying to obtain this.

With kodi and retroplayer I've not a good scraping solution. I was expecting to find in the new libreelec 9 the same visualization of series/movies for the games, but it seems to be not possible at the moment, so you've to use some scraper addon like advanced launcher. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Well you need several packages & PulseAudio to use video previews in ES. I guess that's the reason why Gamestarter doesn't support this because this needs deeper changes in your system. As stated in my start post maybe one day Retroplayer will be feature complete but right now it's just a proof of concept & work in progress to me.

No I had this issue from beginning on.. I just tried it after cleaning config but the issue persists. Its always the first attempt. I try to launch it via emulationstation and get this notification. I click ok or cancel, try it again this time via boot iso and it works.

Now I launched pcsx2 via putty to skip emulationstation. Then started the game via boot iso and it works at the first try.

..So its because of emulationstation?

What did you do? Install Docker & place the bios files and iso in the directories and run the game afterwards? ES has nothing to do with this since it just runs the PCSX2.start command and points to the game you want to run. Or do you try to load real game discs?

Hey 5Schatten, why i cant install "Docker" for the PS2?

I try over Libreelec Addons Repo, but always when i hit this Repo, i get the message could not read from remote repository

A Rightclick and search for a Update doesnt help me ;/

Well looks like the LE 9.1 addon repo isn't populated right now so I have to probably revert this distro: bump OS_VERSION/ADDON_VERSION to 9.1 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@8964c21 · GitHub and rebuild the images.

Hey me again xD since I found some ps2 games which seem to run on my nuc I'm interested in running pcsx2 aswell. There is just a little detail in pcsx2 what annoys me a bit and I wondered if you maybe experienced that too. If I start a ps2 game via emulationstation I always get an error

"CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. Press OK to go to the Plugin Configuration Panel."

I can just close this notification and start the game via System -> Boot ISO (fast). I cant explain this to myself because google says this error is caused when an iso is already in use. But how should this be the case in LibreElec? If I search for results in combination with LE I found this. Thats not about the CDVD plugin but about the GS plugin but maybe its similar?

Here are my logfiles

Have you cleaned your PCSX2 config and tried again? I never had this issue on any of my systems so to me this sounds like a screwed up config. :/

Is there a way to obtain single pieces of your fork and install them on the official libreelec? For example, creating an emulationstation addon like the one created by "bite your idols" with the gamestarter repository.

Thank you

What's wrong with gamestarter or Retroplayer if you want to use a Kodi addon anyway /shrug

Is anyone else getting "installation failed" when trying to download an addon from the official repo? This is on a fresh install so I'm not sure if its build related or LE related? Someone else has it here with milhouse build so I'm thinking LE

Keep an eye on this LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) -> since I build the LE master branch any update regarding this will be included anyway.

Wow your answer came quickly. Yes I am. I mean in my kodi system audio settings my audio output device is set to

"ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, CTV UHD TV on HDMI #0"

But if I turn on my NUC my tv always show HDMI1 1080P@60Hz in the left corner. Thats why I set it to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1 and until yesterday evening this worked. Even with ALSA as backend audio.

PS: But to make sure I also tested DEV=0

You use the wrong device. Your TV signals that you use HDMI1 so the first input of it's HDMI connections. I'm talking about your HDMI outputs and on Linux the numbering starts with 0. So set your output to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 in my addon and reboot your device.

You were right. On my S905X box there are options like "Enhanced resolution" which I dont have on my NUC. Too bad. Then all I can do is hoping that they implement that dynamic recompiler. Although I dont understand that I can increase ppsspp's resolution to x5 without having lags while I cant increase beetles resolution to x2..

And I have a new issue <.< I have sound in kodi and no sound in es/while playing. It startet when I updated your build. Then I activated your new config addon and changed audio device from sysdefault to hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1. Sound was back again. And also in ES for the first time. Even if I dont need it there because I have no videofiles. But nice to have. Anyways I cant remember to change anything. I just switched a few times between my S905X box and my NUC. At some point the audio in ES and while playing was gone.

Here are my log files... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j_0sz4cfm7aztp7stymsu7zajrrqkl8i

Whatever you did you have not selected PulseAudio as backend. This is you log file:

When I run Retroarch & PulseAudio it looks like this:

Code
    [INFO] [PulseAudio]: Requested 24576 bytes buffer, got 18432.
    [INFO] [Menu]: Found menu display driver: "gl".
    [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype.
    [INFO] [Font]: Using font rendering backend: freetype.
    [INFO] [LED]: LED driver = 'null' 0xa3b860
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initializing ...
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Input disabled.
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Output device "FluidSynth".
    [INFO] [MIDI]: Initialized "alsa" driver.

If you haven't changed anything the sound "shouldn't be gone" at some point. Check you settings and make sure you've selected the right output.