Posts by marck120

As much as I know, Nvidia Shield along with ZIDOOs are the best android boxes.

As for remote control -- is TV's RC not sufficient for your needs? I'm been using RC through the television's CEC interface. Works well.

Personally, I, don't care about Android at all. If the only thing your are going to do with the box is media center, than Libreelec is better solution.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Yes, the Nvidia Shield is the top, unfortunately it costs too much. About the ZIDOOs to which model do you refer ? ZIDOOs A5S ? ZIDOOs X9S is not compatible with libreelec.

The remote control of my samsung TV is very poor, it is not suitable for a media-center use, the remote control I am going to take the MINIX NEO A2.

Yes, the box android i have to use it mainly with libreelec, android i need it right to try some interesting app.

Well, I'm been using Khadas VIM box for several months, as "always on" device. The stock device had no heatsink at all. I've added a tiny (aluminum one) by myself. So far works well. It has dual band wifi and BT. None of them are being used by me.

A friend of mine bought the Beelink device and I had a chance to play with the box. It had better, classy look and definitely better heat management as well as similar to my device price and features. The friend is happy with the MXIII, that what he told me on several occasions.

Thank you for the advice.

The only android box with a good build quality compatible with libreelec looks like the minix neo u1, but you have to settle for the s905, the 905x cpu box I did not find a good quality box that distinguishes it from other devices like me you've confirmed the Beelink MXIII II is probably the most recommended one. I also thought I would take the MECOOL KI PRO TV.

I currently found these android boxes :

wetek play2 (cpu: s905)

wetek hub (cpu: s905h)

minix neo u1 (cpu: s905)

DroidBOX T8-S Plus v2, (cpu: s905)

MECOOL KI PRO TV (new CPU: s905d, Android 7.1)

MECOOL M8S Pro + (cpu: s905x, Android 7.1 not supported wifi on libreelec)

Beelink MXIII II (s905x)

M96X Pro 4k (cpu: s905x Android 7.1.1)

M96X VBOX (cpu: s905x Android 7.1)

MEMO UFO MEMOHI (cpu: 905x)

ZIDOO A5S (cpu: S905X)

Bundle M9S Z8 (cpu: s905x)

NEXBOX A95X (cpu: S905X)

Qbox (cpu: S905X)

In my situation I do not need exceptional video quality, my TV is a full-hd Led, it's a Samsung 46 F6500.

In the video file collection for now I do not have 4k movies, some are old divx, many are dvd rips, most videos are tv rip, I have a usb dtt tuner, mpeg-ts hd recorder, using handbrake software, codifier in h264 and mp4 format, finally I have several 1080p mkv downloaded from the network.

I also have a satellite system, it is a multifeed with 12 LNBs, I had a "clarke tech 3100", since the receiver was broken I left the satellite system, then with the advent of the internet I did not have the satellite most used.

The NUC intel is too expensive then it has no android aboard.

A curiosity, with a 65 "OLED TV what box would you take ?

The minix A2 remote control I'm going to take should work with whatever box.

MOD EDIT: Post deleted due to ignoring this warning from above:

Please take discussions about choosing AML boxes to THIS THREAD

This is a LE 8.2 Software support thread.

Please have some respect for others seeking actual LE 8.2 help.

MOD EDIT: Post deleted due to ignoring this warning from above:

Please take discussions about choosing AML boxes to THIS THREAD

This is a LE 8.2 Software support thread.

Please have some respect for others seeking actual LE 8.2 help.

I answered you in the other topic

You were kind, really thanks.

Yes, I prefer to take a more recent processor such as the s905d or the s905x, the s905 is great for LibreELEC but as a processor it seems obsolete.

As you've already explained with the skin estuary, you can run dual boot with the s905x processors ?

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated August 2017)

By summing up:

Main android box compatible with libreelec

Wetek play2 (cpu: s905)

Wetek hub (cpu: s905h)

Minix neo u1 (cpu: s905)

MECOOL KI PRO TV (new CPU: s905d, Android 7.1)

MECOOL M8S Pro + (cpu: s905x, Android 7.1)

Thank you very much.

Regarding the 905x boxes, unfortunately the Vero 4k has no android on board.

The MECOOL M8S Pro + I read that does not have a good wifi, on the forum I found a list, I have no idea what is the best of these models ?

Beelink MiniMXIII II S905X 2GB / 16GB

Mini M8S II S905X 1GB / 8GB

Mini M8S II S905X 2GB / 8GB

Mini M8S II S905X 2GB / 16GB

Nexbox A5 S905X 2GB / 16GB

Nexbox A95X-B7N S905X 2GB / 16GB

Sunvell T95X S905X 1GB / 8GB

Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB / 8GB

Scishion V88 Pro S905X 1GB / 8GB

Tanix TX3 Pro S905X 1GB / 8GB

Tanix TX5 S905X 2GB / 8GB

Nowx TX5 Pro S905X 2GB / 16GB

QBOX-905X-16 + 2-1031 with the AMLogic S905X does not have the Gigabit Ethernet port ?

Is the Zidoo X9S not compatible with LibreELEC ?

Thank you, I responded to the discussion you gave me.

@wrxtasy

Thank you for your explanations, you have always been very kind. Yes, I thought I would take an S905X or a 905d since both are compatible with 4K at 30Hz and HDR & VP9

Some clarifications :

1) Is the 905d a new release cpu recently ?

2) Is there no difference between the 905x and the 905d ?

I saw the table, the only device 905d is the S905D K1 Pro that you talked to about me.

3) Which of you is the best android device with the s905x ?

@puked

Hi, I read the information in the post I mentioned in the link: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options

"S905W = S905 minus the Gigabit Ethernet and limited to 4K @ 30fps only. There is no HDR or VP9 Profile 2 hardware decoding.

Looks pretty useless. "

As the A2 lite is great, it is recommended by everyone.

Are you looking for a box to use with libreelec ? What did you choose ? What is the best android box with the s905x ? I also recommended the Qbox

you don`t need to spend that much money.

For what you want any 905(x)(d)(w? kszaq) will be enough. 1 GB is enough. 100 Mbit is enough.

You should buy your remote separately - most to all remotes that come with these cheap boxes are junk. Or - that`s what I(`d) do - use your smartphone/tablet as remote.

Sorry, I did not understand if the post is addressed to me, the s905w is almost identical to 905: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options, the 905w does not have the support hdr vp9, i am the remote I am going to take minix A2 lite.

c'mon man, It's all a matter of personal choice. Don't someone to put their head on the block suggesting a device that will be the best choice in the opinion of another. One man's perfect is another man's headache, when it comes to these Amlogic devices (especially the lower to mid price ranged one's) :/

Hi, I understand, everyone chooses the device according to your needs, my friend wrxtasy has helped me so much, thank you, the features I'm looking for are these:

- Main use libreelec

- Good quality construction

- Good remote control

- Paid services like netflix do not interest me

- Budget 100-120 euros

I thought it would be better to take a s905x or s905d cpu that have the hdr vp9 support, i read that the s905x devices do not have the gigabit port, the devices with the s905x are very peculiar, with the s905d there is only the MECOOL KI PRO TV

Hi, sorry my English, I look for a box with a very good quality constructive, and a good remote control to use with libreelec, which one is the best ? I have a shared folder in samba where I have all the video files, the paid services like netflix do not interest me, the maximum budget is 100-120 euro.