Posts by theUt

There's no comparison, pretty much any PC will absolutely smoke the RPi which can't even run recent MAME versions.

cool, thanks for confirming that :)
    I wasn't sure, given the latest RPi has significantly improved graphics chops, (BUT I guess that's only useful for 4K / HEVC decoding and the GFX processing can't be used for emulation horsepower???).

The i7 CPU in the CN60 is pretty old I'd have to check but it maybe a 1st/2nd gen.

Anyway, thanks I will have a go with the CN60!

I am interested in giving this build a go, and have a choice of hardware - which one will be better for RetroArch and game emulation in general? (performance etc):

1. RPi 4b (4Gb RAM variant), currently running the recommended RPi 4B build of LE v9.2.0

2. ASUS Chromebox CN60 (i7 CPU, 8Gb RAM), running LE generic x86 also v9.2.0

I realise the CN60 has the edge in CPU & RAM, what I'm more asking about is which of my two options for hardware is better SUPPORTED in terms of emulation, specifically MAME.

Cheers,

tU

Sorry, I'm not ready yet to determine the cause of this behavior.

... and yet you have fixed it anyway! :D8)

THANK YOU SO MUCH balbes150 <3

I can confirm that the HDMI audio output is now working "as expected" on my MXIII-G 4K (2G/8G) box on internal memory, using:

LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-MXIII_Plus (I just copied tar file into /update dir across the network).

Audio output options now look correct to me:

ALSA: Default (AML-M8AUDIO Analog)

ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI

PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

Using the second option above, the HDMI is outputting DTS and DD 5.1 lossy core audio streams even from files where there is ONLY a single HD audio stream.

Couldn't be happier with this build, so I will likely not touch it.

Going to go donate to the community - right now :thumbup:

Hi folks - big thanks to balbes150 for bringing newer LE builds to our S812 devices!

My Device: MXIII-G 2G/8G S812

I don’t actually know what “brand” it is the box itself and packaging don’t really say so I guess it’s a clone, maybe of a Tronsmart?

Model: MXIII-G 4K

Android Version: 5.1.1

Build: 108L1

There are several links to original Android firmware available here (some may expire but they seem to replace them):

download-new-firmware-108l1-tronsmart-mxiii-plus.html

I was running Wilro’s build LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c, from Freaktab - installed that into Internal storage (not SDCard).

It ran well, but obviously is an older build and I saw these newer builds by balbes150, and wanted to upgrade due to the subtitle parsing vulnerabilities...

Installed LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170822-MXIII_Plus build by copying the tar file into /update dir across the network, rebooted and after replacing the correct remote.conf, things are (mostly) running well!

Many thanks to balbes150 for all the hard work!

I have only one issue - the HDMI port will not output sound correctly.

I plug my MXIII-G into a Yamaha AVR (RX-A3020), which supports DTS-HD MA, DDTrueHD etc.

Now I realise that I may not get the MA or TrueHD stream with one of these little boxes, but I SHOULD at least get the “core” audio streams being passed through HDMI to my AVR.

So in the case of:

DTS-HD MA stream, I should still get the DTS5.1 (lossy core) stream, and, for,

DD TrueHD stream, I should still at least get the DolbyDigital5.1 (lossy core).

Under Wilro’s build that’s how things worked.

With this build (20170822-MXIII_Plus):

I am (mostly) only getting Kodi GUI navigation sounds.

Even if a video contains ONLY a single “regular” DTS5.1 (lossy) stream - I get no sound at all.

I have one exception - a full BD iso image of a movie with multiple audio streams.

Stream 1/10 is a DD TrueHD Atmos 7.1 track - if I select this one, then I get LPCM 2.1 working audio on my AVR!

Explain that! (I can’t).

Anyway, this seems like a driver issue to me.

I have reviewed the Audio settings, I can choose from the following 3 options:

ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO (@:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0),S/PDIF

ALSA: AML-M8AUDIO (iec958:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO,DEV=0),S/PDIF

PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

I cannot find any difference between the first two options in terms of impact on working multichannel sound (or not), but am I correct that the HDMI port is not properly detected?

I honestly do not recall what Wilro’s older working build had under Audio devices.

At this point, I should point out that while I have flashed a few ROMs onto Android phones (so I found the original installation of Wilro’s build onto internal storage easy), I am newish to OpenELEC/LibreELEC in general.

But from reading this thread, it seems I would be asked for the fw_printenv:

Also, here is the output of lsmod:

Code
    lsmod
    Module                  Size  Used by
    hci_uart               41077  1
    bluetooth             194856  2 hci_uart
    8021q                  16147  0
    dhd                   659723  0
    cfg80211              205360  1 dhd
    mali                  161397  5

And further info from:

Code
    aplay --list-devices
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: AMLM8AUDIO [AML-M8AUDIO], device 0: AML PCM dummy_codec-0 []
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: AMLM8AUDIO [AML-M8AUDIO], device 1: SPDIF PCM dit-hifi-1 []
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I did also obtain the dmesg output, it’s quite large (probably too big for here!) and I may be wrong but it looks like for some reason the S/PDIF output is being sent to HDMI???

Or that the system is sending only to S/PDIF port, OR as PCM only.

I’ve read this whole thread a few times, and see mention of dtb files and replacing one of these with different one for slightly different hardware revisions.

I’ve looked under the filesystem, but I must be stupid, I can't find these dtb files.

I also can’t see it mentioned anywhere in the posts WHERE these files are in the filesystem?

(recall, mine is running from internal storage, NOT SDcard or USB drive).

Any help gratefully received! :)

If I can get the sound working I will be super-stoked - donation to the community for sure!

Everything else about this build is working well for me (I haven't tested Bluetooth, but I don't care about that)

Cheers,

tU