Posts by fTdOmen

Recently I've noticed there's been a few bots getting through, a measure I've seen used on other forums I frequent is a "welcome board". All new accounts have to make a welcome post in the welcome section before being able to post elsewhere on the forums.

It basically serves as a honeypot for spam bots that the majority of us can ignore.

I'd run TVHeadend on your Athlon and get a "android tv box" or NUC for the lounge.

By installing TVHeadend on the athlon you're streaming tv from the athlon & recording tv on the athlon.

As for what to buy for the lounge:

Nuc if you want a web browser addon (useful for netflix)
    Raspberry pi if you want stability and support, but no browser or hardware h265 support.
    Amlogic S905 based android box if you want hardware h265 support (also no browser)

i just tried this, but i get the black screen again (as described in first post).
    there was no need to pair the devices again because it seems that my old settings were not deleted.
    is there anything i can do to help?

To pair your devices again, on your windows pc, in the GeForce experience there will be an option to "Forget Devices". I can't tell you exactly where it is on version 3 sorry, as I'm currently using a version 2 release whilst I try different configs in an attempt to work out what's going wrong, but it'll probably be somewhere in the Preferences > SHIELD menus.

What's interesting to me is that no matter which version of Nvidia Geforce Experience I run, I don't quite get the same result as you.

For me:
    I can pair devices
    I can browse my games list
    When I attempt to run a game, the C2 becomes unresponsive (not a black screen).
    The game is not launched on my windows pc.
    I need to hard reset in order to regain use of the C2.

Your Logfiles may be helpful.

Neat, just updated to the latest version, "8.1.103". It's definitely compiled correctly for AML now :D

It now appears the issue is that pairing doesn't seem to actually work.

I'll need to track down if it's on LE or windows side before submitting log files when I have time.

You're on an old version, which add-on version are you using?

I'm on the most recent version according to the repository, 7.0

According to the file:
    /storage/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/addons.xml

I don't think it's properly compiled for AML

relevant info can be found on this Odroid Forums thread.particularly:

I'm trying my best to answer based on what I can gather from this.

I'm assuming this is the correct interpretation of the info you've put across:

1. Your X86 LE PC has a 2TB drive.
    2. You want to access that 2TB drive on your windows machine via a network share
    3. You want the Videos section of LE to access this network share

In order to do that, do the following:

1. In an explorer browser type in your ip. eg. //192.168.1.2/
    2. Right click on the Videos folder and select Map Network drive then assign a drive letter, eg. Z:
    2a. This directory should now be available in windows as Z:
    2b. Create any subdirectories you want within z: eg. Anime.
    3. To Access Anime in LE, you add this as a video source. (Add Videos > Home Folder > Videos > Anime)

There's no reason to try to access a drive stored locally on LE via the network.

i want something that can play hevc/h.265 as well . don't need 4k player.
    a tv box with a remote.

The current generation of nuc's only support 8bit h.265, however 10bit media is already fairly common, but won't be supported until the next generation of nucs are released (hopefully January-February).

In the meantime if you want 10bit h.265, your options are s905 based devices: eg. the Odroid-C2 or the WeTek Play 2

I know it's not what you've asked for, but do you have a smart phone? If your Odroid c2 is connectable via your homes wifi, there's a couple of fairly good options:

Android - Kore or Apple - Kodi Remote

Both will have a walk through guide to connect them to kodi. All you need to do with a keyboard first is Settings → Services → Webserver → Allow control of Kodi via HTTP.

As for addressing your actual question; your Xbox One Media Remote will should work without any customized configuration required. However if you need to make changes, here's what you need to do.