Posts by Peckmore

to provide a feature that everyone has managed without since Kodi first added support for BR discs

I appreciate the sentiment of not wanting to increase the size of the image so drastically (relative to it's original size), but the above seems to be at odds with the whole point of developing and introducing new features?

Previously everyone managed without BD-J because Kodi didn't support it when BR support was first introduced, and so people had no choice. Only relatively recently was support added and so as a result BD-J is now a feature that some people would like.

Is JRE the only way to facilitate out-of-the-box BD-J support in LibreElec? If so, is including JRE within LibreElec not worth considering? As I say, I appreciate not wanting to increase the image size drastically, but in terms of todays hardware, software and generally available bandwidth, 176MB seems no worse than 110MB.

What are the size goals for LibreElec as a project? Is it a target to keep it under a fixed size (e.g., <150MB), or is it more subjective ("as small as possible")? If the latter, could an argument not be made for including JRE to facilitate BD-J support? Or are there any alternatives, such as packaging it as an Add-On through the LibreElec repository?