Posts by Rataplan626

Sorry, I didn't have notifications setup yet.

perf top when the issue is there:

top H when the issue is there:

after killing kodi.bin, perf top without the issue:

top H without the issue:

It seems videoplayer consumes a bit less CPU after killing kodi. I can mostly trigger the issue, as said by turning of the TV and receiver. It seems it doesn't like the HDMI reset or something.

[edit]

by the way, bcmstat.sh shows my Pi is not throttling at all, even when videoplayer is using high cpu. As reported CPU load is relative to the CPU speed at that time (at least as far as I know) I thought it would be throttling, but it's not. Temps are fine too, between 50 and 55 celcius.

Hi,

for a while I have had this issue, I even think ever since I switched to Pi4. I have a 2GB Pi4, which was recommended me (in terms of 2GB vs 4GB) to be more than enough for Kodi use. I'm running LE 10.0.2 now, but I've had this issue with 10.0.1 and some nightlies as well.

When the Pi is just booted, everything is fine. I have TVHeadend running on the Pi, with an Anysee DVB-C tuner (just free-to-air channels) and everything works fine. However, I also use the RetroSpect add-in, as well as the Dutch Ziggo plugin, both stream h264 streams (both live TV and playback). When the Pi is just booted, everything is fine, and the streams run perfectly smooth, for as long as I want to watch. Then at night I shutdown the AV receiver the Pi is connected to, and the TV itself. Then in the morning, when turning all on again the following happens:

The Kodi interface is choppy. h264 streams from RetroSpecs and the Ziggo plugin are extremely choppy and constantly need to re-buffer after a few seconds of playback. I constantly have one CPU core at 100%. DVD playback (ISO format) works fine, tvheadend streams are fine as well. I forgot to test h264 content from my NAS. When I run top from shell, I can see kodi.bin running at between 110% and 150% when doing choppy streams. When I use the debug stats in Kodi itself (with 'o' during playback) I can see one CPU core being at 100% all the time.

Rebooting LE fixes this. However, I also tried killing just kodi.bin from shell and that fixes it too. So it seems something within Kodi seems to bug.

Now I still have an old JVC 1280x720 tv, and it defaults to 1080i instead of 720p that I want. So in my cmdline.txt I have:

boot=UUID=3010-5350 disk=UUID=a8e8a687-3b0f-472c-a2e4-3e8c903fd088 quiet video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720M@50

to get Kodi to boot up in 720p. Kodi itself is set to 720p as well. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but it might, as it only happens when I have turned off the receiver and tv for a longer time (ie a night or a few hours during daytime). When I enable debug logginf grom kodi and tail the kodi.log, I don't see ANY event though when I turn of the receiver / tv at all.

How should I debug this, or what logs would you need?

Thanks!

DVD playback has been flacky in Kodi for years at this stage, it has not got attention for years because the people who maintain Kodi do not have any interest in supporting it properly. Its effectively a dead technology.

Shoog

Sure, but in LE 9.0.2 and all versions before it all worked perfectly fine, as do the recent Windows builds. So why doesn't it work properly on C2 anymore? Kodi itself works fine for other builds. DVD might be a dead horse, but people have hundreds of them in their collection...

Just updated to the latest (as of yet) Odroid C2 build. But I still have the same issues I've reported before, but as noone responded at all I'll do again:

Image is installed on SD, not eMMC. It boots fine, but when I reboot Kodi, it halts. The OS shuts down nicely though, it seems to do a shutdown -h rather than a shutdown -r.

DVD menu's aren't working. I have all my DVD's ripped to ISO. Doesn't matter if I play them from NAS or the local SD card. DVD trailer starts playing, but the menu is blank (black) with only the cursor showing. When I enter a few times something usually starts playing, and when I then go back to the dvd menu, it works fine. Initially it doesn't though.

Are this bugs to be reported at this time, and if so what logs would you like? The usual kodi debug logs?

9-11 Odroid C2 build freshly installed on a brand new SD (for now I run CoreElec on an EMMC to keep the girls happy). It works rather well, but it halts when I do a reboot. The OS seems to be completely shutdown, the heartbeat led stops flashing, SSH of course is down at that point too (so I can't log anything), but it won't reboot, or at least it doesn't actually start booting.

Passthrough audio not working well (I think that's to be expected at this point). DVD menu's (running from DVD ISO's) are not working properly. The studio-trailers run fine, but as soon as an interactive menu should show up, it's either blank, or sometimes the menu shows but the 'cursor' is flashing. Then, when for example I choose 'select episode' I get to the episode menu, but then there's no selector at all.

I'm new to these test builds. Having read trough most of the posts in this thread, I'm not really sure if you guys want logs for these kind of issues, or it's too soon to iron these out?

Anyway I want to applaud you guys in how far you've already come and how well this is already running on a recent kernel!

Hi! I'm new with Odroid C2. Initially I installed HardKernels own LibreElec build - and for LibreElec that works perfectly fine. However, I want to run RetroArch as well. I quickly found that that needs 32bit libraries / binaries. Now I did get it running using JoKeRz repository and addons, but I was assuming Raybuntu's build would make 32bit packages 'just work' (to some degree of course).

So I flashed LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-8.2-rb-krypton17.img, and then installed RetroArch from Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic). It installs just fine (as it did with HardKernels build) but starting it shows the splash screen and then quits back to Kodi.

I've searched this thread but RetroArch doesn't even come up. Is this support to work, and does anyone have some more info for me?

Thanks!