Posts by Rataplan626

This is what came out:

It talks about NVidia, which doesn't have much to do with this I suppose, but it seemingly affects these TV tuners in TVHeadend.

So... now what :)

Had some time to fiddle with it again, but I can't get it to work. In my last try I checked out 11.0.3, build that, which builds and works fine (as expected). When I change packages/linux/package.mk to reflect the suggested commit, it fails again with the same overlay_map.dtb error.

If anyone has a clue hoe to get the kernel to build properly, that's be awesome.

*sigh* these are the moments I was afraid of, feeling like a total noob. I checked out 11.0.6 which was the most recent at the time. First build an image, went fine. Then I modified package.mk to reflect the bisect suggested commit. Build again and then:

[QA CHECK] [linux] [safe_remove]:
    path does not exist: /home/rataplan_/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/install_pkg/linux-2368afd60f647889d90fa4a42c7b27548f77dbd9/usr/share/bootloader/overlay_map.dtb
    cp: cannot stat 'arch/arm64/boot/dts/overlays/README': No such file or directory
    FAILURE: scripts/build linux:target during makeinstall_target (package.mk)
    *********** FAILED COMMAND ***********
    cp -p arch/${TARGET_KERNEL_ARCH}/boot/dts/overlays/README ${INSTALL}/usr/share/bootloader/overlays
    *********** FAILED COMMAND ***********
    ${SCRIPTS}/build "${1}" "${PARENT_PKG}"
    FAILURE: scripts/install linux:target has failed!

The following log for this failure is available:
    /home/rataplan_/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/.threads/logs/142.log

>>> linux:target seq 142 >>>
    [273/280] [FAIL] install linux:target

The following log for this failure is available:
    /home/rataplan_/http://LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-devel/.threads/logs/142.log

Log attached. I've been looking for a bit to get that fixed. I checked https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/5272 but so far no sigar.

And here is question number one. I cloned the linux kernel (git clone https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/…valds/linux.git) which worked fine on it's own. However when I go into that dir, and do

rataplan_@ubuntu01:~/linux$ git bisect start
    rataplan_@ubuntu01:~/linux$ git bisect bad d23900f974e0fb995b36ef47283a5aa74ca25f51
    fatal: Bad rev input (not a commit): d23900f974e0fb995b36ef47283a5aa74ca25f51

Same for the good 61fd484b2cf6bc8022e8e5ea6f693a9991740ac2. So that leads me to think I cloned from the wrong repository? Anyway, a push in the right direction is needed :) By the way, the initial LE build I did to test works fine (apart from the tuner of course) so that's a win already :)

I was trying to, but it seems https://ix.io/ is 'taking a break'. Seems that service is down. 11.0.3 uses that, so can't paste that log (or can I upload it somewhere, you are very clear I shouldn't upload it here). For now, because of that I'll allow myself to paste a few lines that I think matter. By the way, I tried with 11.0.5 but also no TV adapter available anymore it seems.

11.0.3:

LibreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1c73:861f AMT Anysee E30 USB 2.0 DVB-T Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1915:1028 Nordic Semiconductor ASA Smart Control
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2109:3431 VIA Labs, Inc. Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

dmesg output:

[ 2.598648] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=1c73, idProduct=861f, bcdDevice= 1.00
    [ 2.598661] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [ 2.598672] usb 1-1.2: Product: anysee-FA(LP)
    [ 2.598681] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: AMT.CO.KR
    [ 5.468386] usb 1-1.2: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Anysee' in warm state
    [ 5.471744] usb 1-1.2: dvb_usb_anysee: firmware version 1.2 hardware id 15
    [ 5.472160] usb 1-1.2: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
    [ 5.472281] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Anysee)
    [ 5.472295] usb 1-1.2: media controller created

in 11.0.5 pastekodi DOES work: https://paste.libreelec.tv/enabling-vervet.log

As far as lsusb and dmesg go, they show the same. So I guess the driver is still there. However, TVHeadend Server (which seems to run fine on 11.0.4 / 11.0.5) show no adapters in the config-screen, and obviously when I switch to a TV channel, Kodi says something like 'no free adapter'.

there are no drivers for TBS and "Digital Devices (that is the actual name)" devices
    everything else is still there

Then I assume those are brands of TV adapters or something? I am not familiar with those. Anyway, I'm using DVB-C, which means I am using a Philips TDA10023, and using 11.0.3 it identifies as such too (at least in TVHeadend). Is that related to this TBS and "Digital Devices"?

Hi. I'm running a Pi4, with 11.0.3. I have an Anysee DVB tuner connected, which feeds TVHeadend also running on the same PI. When I update to 11.0.4, no DVR drivers seem to be present for the Anysee. TVHeadend runs just fine, but it sees no attached TV adapters.

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything specific, and looked at the release notes, which states

DVB ADD-ONS

DVB Add-Ons are currently deactivated. Digital Devices and TBS have currently no support for recent kernels so we are out of options. If you require support for those devices please stay at LE10.

I', actually not sure what that means. I run TVHeadend client and server, both of which are installed from Kodi itself. So I guess that's not related. Also it shows the same message for previous releases, but still up to 11.0.3 my DVB adapter works fine, in 11.0.4 it does not. The Anysee E30 consists of two USB tuners:

Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T
    Philips TDA10023 DVB-C

Both are not working. Is this to be expected in 11.0.4? When typing this post I see 11.0.5 is just released, would that include the drivers again?

Hi. For as long as I have this Rpi4 2GB, I'm struggling with this issue. Whenever the Pi reboots (kodi crashes from time to time, most probably because of TVHeadend), and the receiver it's connected to is NOT powered on, it hangs during boot on 'waiting on Network to come online'. However, network is already functional at that point. I use UTP network (WiFi disabled) with a static IPv4 address. And all is up and running. IP is there, SSH is running, even the samba share I mount using a system.d mount script is already there. Kodi is running, but it's like it forgot to switch to the GUI. When I use my remote, I actually can hear the menu 'click' sound, although it's extremely distorted, like 1/10th of a second of loud white noise. I have 'wait for network before kodi starts' enabled with 10 seconds, but that doesn't help. The network isn't the actual issue here I think as that's up just fine. I think it's just Kodi not switching from console-output to graphics output or something.

Before Pi4 I used a Odroid-C2, which never had this issue. I've read through the logs, and in dmesg I see several lines like this:

[ 13.217600] hdmi-audio-codec hdmi-audio-codec.0.auto: ASoC: error at snd_soc_dai_startup on i2s-hifi: -19

If the receiver IS on, I see the same message, but not as often, only twice or so.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I tried forcing a resolution in cmdline.txt, which worked on its own (ie. if I set it to 720p for example it booted in that) but that only affects booting I think before Kodi kicks in. When it hangs at that message and I kill kodi.bin, Kodi restarts automatically, and then it works just fine.

I've narrowed down a bit; when I enable 'HDMI control' in my old Denon AVR3808 receiver, it works. However, then it doesn't switch off the HDMI circuits drawing a whopping 89.5 watts when powered off. Not feasible. Now I took the receiver out. And I think everyone can reproduce this; When the Pi is booted WITHOUT the HDMI cable connected, the same issue occurs. When it's booted and then I plug it directly in the TV (bypassing receiver completely) the issue is the same, it shows the 'waiting on network' message, which is in fact Kodi already running with network and all up and running. my config.txt only has hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in it and gpu_mem=76. Rest is commented out.

In other words, can we force kodi in a specific resolution or output or something when it wasn't connected during boot?

[edit]

hdmi_force_hotplug=1 in config.txt doesn't help, hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080 doesn't work either.

I realised as I'm using LE 10.0.2 config.txt settings for HDMI don't work anymore. However, setting video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@50 in cmdline.txt doesn't help a bit either.