Posts by Jeffers

Yes I still have Android on the devices (I've booted on LibreELEC with one SD card). I've installed AIDA64 but it displayed me also 3 GB.

But I've also installed a memory filler/pumper and results are consistent with the RAM displayed on LibreELEC because on the one displayed 800 MB the app stops fill memory at about 2100-2200 MB, and on the one displayed 1700 MB the app stops at 1000-1100 MB.
    So I think that these 2 box are not really 3GB like kszaq suggests me since the beginning (but I would like to be sure and the memory tests confirm this suggestion).

I think to install directly LE on the NAND because 1 GB RAM could be just with Android + Kodi and I bought these box for multimedia function.

Anyway, thanks for your help to both of you.

Bummer, can you return the boxes?

I am a lowly beginner on LibreELEC, my understanding is that LibreELEC will run well on 1GB RAM and performance on a good quality SDCard performance should also be good, maybe no need to burn to Nand and lose Android.

This post indicates that you may notice little or no performance difference between quality SDCard and Nand [8.1.8] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

Also there is a post on this forum showing how you can run LibreELEC from SDCard but store your runtime files in RAM

Good luck whatever happens

Try to record on the USB flash drive image MXIII_Plus, that does not change it, connect to the Minix and turn on the power.

Same result as Minix image.

Burnt this image :- LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-MXIII_Plus.img.gz to USB

After inserting USB and rebooting Minix, Minix Android stays on longer than usual then boots into android.

While the Minix Android logo is displayed my USB light is on continuously, then flashes a couple of times, then boots into Android.

This is pic of my USB LibreELEC partition:-

Thanks for response.

So the boot.scr that came as part of the image is the correct one to use.

I will create a folder named boot on my SDCard and USB, and move the file boot.scr to it and retest, starting with the toothpick method and the SDCard..

Yes.

All your steps to enable multi-boot on Minix (using the "toothpick method") , without the presence of the SD card /boot/boot.scr is not working. Create a directory /boot and then move the file "boot.scr" . Then, once again run the "toothpick method".

Created a folder named 'boot' on both my SDCard and USB, and moved the already installed boot.scr file into the new 'boot' folder on both.

With modified SDCard used toothpick boot and got the 120 second message power off or press any key, powered off Minix.

Left SDCard in Minix and rebooted, got the 120 second message again.

Removed SDCard, plugged in modified USB and rebooted Minix. Minix logo was displayed a lot longer than usual, then Minix booted into Android.

So no benefit in doing suggested changes.

Yes.

All your steps to enable multi-boot on Minix (using the "toothpick method") , without the presence of the SD card /boot/boot.scr is not working. Create a directory /boot and then move the file "boot.scr" . Then, once again run the "toothpick method".

Thanks for response.

So the boot.scr that came as part of the image is the correct one to use.

I will create a folder named boot on my SDCard and USB, and move the file boot.scr to it and retest, starting with the toothpick method and the SDCard..

I used this image when creating SDCard and USB:- LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-X8H_Plus.img.gz

Looking at the files on my SDCard and USB they already have a boot.scr on them, as part of writing the image to them.

Is this boot.scr that came with the image the correct one?

Do I need to create a folder called 'boot' and copy boot.scr into it, or is boot.scr on my SDCard and USB?

This is the file structure on my SDCard:-

This is the file structure on my USB:-

For Minix you have to activate multi-boot with additional steps (this only applies to models from Minix).

1. Download and burn image on SD card (note that for a one-time activation necessarily need a multi-boot SD card). Boot loaders (u-boot) platform S812 can'T run the update script from USB.

2. Create on SD card directory "boot". Download the script "boot.scr" (it is specifically designed to activate the multi-boot on Minix). Copy the script to the boot directory on the SD card (should be /boot/boot.scr)

3. To connect the card to Minix and run "toothpick method"

4. If you are lucky, LE to boot from SD card, but the experience of many users, often the system will fail to start. In this case, you need to write an image LE on the USB flash drive, after recording what not to change in it. Connected to the Minix and turn on the power. Pay attention, the first launch should connection to USB ports only one USB drives (all other USB devices must be disabled).

Thanks again for response.

I don't know what to do with regards the highlighted parts of your response below:-

1. Download and burn image on SD card (note that for a one-time activation necessarily need a multi-boot SD card). Boot loaders (u-boot) platform S812 can'T run the update script from USB.

By burning an image to SDCard and booted with SDCard in Minix box with recover button pressed as I outlined above, have I already done 1. above?

2. Create on SD card directory "boot". Download the script "boot.scr" (it is specifically designed to activate the multi-boot on Minix). Copy the script to the boot directory on the SD card (should be /boot/boot.scr)

Where do I download boot.scr for Minix, to load onto SDCard from?

Thanks for reply.

Have I got this correct:-

1. Burn image to SDCard
    2. Boot Minix with SDCard in and recovery button pressed
    3. Let Minix logo/blank screen cycle three times and release recovery button
    4. 120 second press any key or power off box message displayed, means success, power off Minix
    5. Burn image to USB
    6. Plug USB into Minix and reboot, LibreELEC should boot from USB :)

Key Lessons I have learned if above is correct:-

1. The first time you have to boot from a LibreELEC SDCard to set up multi boot
    2. All subsequent LibreELEC boots have to be from a LibreELEC USB, cannot boot from LibreELEC SDCard

Please correct any mistakes I am making above.

This is very different to the process of booting to LibreELEC on my S905X box, my understanding is that this is caused by the peculiarities of the Minix X8H+ box

OK, did the above.

When booting Minix with LibreELEC USB plugged in the Minix stayed on the Minix Android robot for longer than usual and then booted into android as normal.

I am thinking I am almost there but just need to do one last thing, but I don't know what that is.

Anyone able to tell me what this may be :) ?

Jeffers you can´t use a sdcard. With new kernel the new image only work (for me) with a usb pen. You must write the image to a Usb Pen and reboot your box.

Thanks for reply.

Have I got this correct:-

1. Burn image to SDCard
    2. Boot Minix with SDCard in and recovery button pressed
    3. Let Minix logo/blank screen cycle three times and release recovery button
    4. 120 second press any key or power off box message displayed, means success, power off Minix
    5. Burn image to USB
    6. Plug USB into Minix and reboot, LibreELEC should boot from USB :)

Key Lessons I have learned if above is correct:-

1. The first time you have to boot from a LibreELEC SDCard to set up multi boot
    2. All subsequent LibreELEC boots have to be from a LibreELEC USB, cannot boot from LibreELEC SDCard

Please correct any mistakes I am making above.

This is very different to the process of booting to LibreELEC on my S905X box, my understanding is that this is caused by the peculiarities of the Minix X8H+ box

Then you did everything OK. Use your usb-stick with libreelec now to boot from. Just put it in the usb port and start your box normally (no reset button or toothpick necessary).

Rebooted Minix without recovery button pressed, with SDCard in, Minix Logo displayed, then blank screen, then the three lines of text telling me to press a button or power off box.

Using this image LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-X8H_Plus.img.gz.

Tried to reboot a number of times, always got the 120 second message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for response.

Tried SD Card with both these images:- LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-X8H_Plus.img.gz and LibreELEC-S812.Minix.arm-17.3.img and both gave the same result.

With recovery button pressed in display on TV cycles from MINIX logo to blank screen to Minix logo to blank screen until I release recovery button.

Then three line text displayed top right of TV screen warning me that file corruption has been detected and I have 120 seconds to press any key or disconnect power.

Would you let me know what I have missed so I can try again.

Bubblegum thanks for response.

I find the 'LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32' very easy to use, just run it, choose/browse to file to burn and press write, less than a minute finished.

This has worked successfully when I created LibreELEC USB USB for my S905X, so don't know why same process, same USB isn't working for my Minix X8H+

EDIT:-

Bubblegum

Took a look at Rufus,

Which of three partition scheme and target system type do I choose?

Which of four file systems do I choose?

Which of three cluster sizes do I choose?

Not knowing the answers to above questions is why I used the SD/USB creator as all it asks is which file do you want to use to burn my USB.

I used this image

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.RC3-X8H-PLUS.img.gz | by Demetris. for MXQ TV Box from @Demetris used LE burning tool to get it to a usb. I even copied the boot.scr to the root and that didn't work either.

Im hoping someone can help

Also tried every image in this post

Custom ROM - LibreElec 8.2 kodi 17.4 | MINIX Forum - Official

Used SD/USB tool to burn this image LibreELEC-S812.arm-17.4_20170830-X8H_Plus.img.gz to USB, plugged USB into Minix X8H+ used paper clip in recovery switch and powered on Minix, keeping paper clip in Minix reboots to Recovery dead android screen :(

I am following exact same process as I did when I created a USB for my S905X box (different image) so I am at a loss as to why this is not working on my Minix X8H+

Should I be unzipping the .gz, copying additional files to the USB, not use a USB???

Anyone any suggestions as to what I try next?

I downloaded this image 'LibreELEC-S812.Minix.arm-17.3.img' used the usb/sd creation tool to create a bootable USB, plugged the USB into my Minix X8H+ and rebooted with the reset button pushed in, box did not reboot to LibreELEC it booted to the android lying on it's back menu.

I still have work to do, I was going to try a straight Kodi 17.x LibreELEC version tomorrow.

Thanks Bubblegum perfect link.

I did various searches onsite and from Google with no joy.

Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

Yandex.Disk

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

For the Minix X8H plus am I best using a Kodi 17 image or a Minix X8H plus image?