Posts by RickInHouston

Another Saturday night wanting to watch a movie and no SMB connection to my UnRaid tower. I later found out I can access the movies in file manager but not through the main interface. Won't update library, won't play an existing movie.

I'm downgrading my LibrElec as I type and refreshing my library. Thank goodness for a really good library file tagging / naming system!

I don't know, but this entering ip address to my NAS just seems trash, at best. I'm not upgrading this player until I absolutely HAVE TO.

Why does it have to get so complicated

I have a Intel NUC box running Libreelec (no Windows OS, just to be clear).

Movies (mkv files), now, no longer play correctly (from an UnRaid NAS). My library shows. If I click on a movie - it might start in about 4 minutes. I can't fast forward or pause because it will freeze. If I watch the movie it will stall in about 5 minutes.

Has a Windows 10 update blown up SAMBA? Is that what I'm reading and this is all about? I can't even seem to find out where my "Movies" and "TV Shows" share is in this version of Kodi (I guess it updated overnight - mistake).

I don't want to fight with it anymore. I'm doing a clean install and starting over.

My unraid only has one user (the original 'root' without a password). Do I need to add a password to get SAMBA to work over my network? Why can I see my unraid share in Windows 10 Explorer and not in my Libreelec box?

Just a point in the right direction would be of help,

Thank you very much,

RickInHouston

I MIGHT have fixed it. I changed the skin to Estuary to Aeon because that's what I had been using for years. I added my movie library again and went to choose the scraper. Only The Movie Database was listed so I downloaded The Movie Scraper (or whatever it is called). I think that wasn't available to me before under Estuary. I then updated my library and it found the two movies I had just uploaded. I switched to the Estuary skin and they were listed as newly uploaded. Maybe things are again working!

I'm not sure if I did this correctly. Not sure which one might have captured it. First time to do this.

While I was debugging, the upper left side of the screen was running stats and would get in the way if I was watching a movie.

I started the debug log. I went to update library. Again, nothing happened. And then I stopped the debugging.

Here are two logs in the logging directory of libreelec.

Been running Kodi for YEARS! First windows, then OpenElec and then LibreElec (for several months).

Over the past month (maybe since updating to 8.0.2) my scraper has stopped working. Tried many things, but no go.

Decided on a full fresh re-install. The setup screen states I have an internet connection (it's a wired connection). When I create my path to my movies and begin the scrape, I get "no connection to remote server".

Anyone have any idea what is going on?