Posts by IfThenERROR

Thank you for the quick answer!

While this was not exactly the problem you still set me on the right track. Turned out that somewhere in trying to set up the makefile I unintentionally deleted the file "RCSwitch.cpp" and only left the .h file there. Also 'git pull' didn't restore the missing file. Now I got everything back to the original state (except the makefile of course) and can resume with the next error. :S But this one really seems to be more related to all that cross compiling thing...

armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-cpp: fatal error: '-c' is not a valid option to the preprocessor

Changing the compiler from …cpp to …c++ resolves it. Now I only had to iron out what was seemingly an error in the source:

Code
    undefined reference to `pthread_join'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

So adding -pthread to the compiler command finally produced a file! ^^

Now I need to test if it works as supposed and then maybe this problem is finally solved.

Will check back and document for the interested.

Ok, it took me quite a while and I'm still surprised how complicated it is to correctly compile binaries for the Odroid/LE9.

For the record and possibly others, trying to achieve something similar, here is what I did:

• Installed Oracle Virtualbox on a PC (any other VM should do, too)

• Set up a Ubuntu VM

• Downloaded the LE source and built it for the Odroid (with "PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=Odroid_C2 ARCH=arm" like described here) – this took serveral hours!

• Downloaded Hardkernel's WiringPi from Github. There I adjusted the makefiles to use /path/to/toolchain/arm-something-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc instead of the default gcc, install to a temporary folder instead of /usr/local/... , and adjusted the library and LD paths to this temporary directory.

e.g. Makefile for ./wiringPi/gpio:

#…Leading annotations yadda yadda

#################################################################################

CFLAGS = $(DEBUG) -Wall -Wextra $(INCLUDE) -Winline -pipe

DESTDIR?=/home/username/build/compiled/usr

PREFIX?=/local

ifneq ($V,1)

Q ?= @

endif

#DEBUG = -g -O0

DEBUG = -O2

CC = /home/username/build/libreelec/build.LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc

INCLUDE = -I$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/include

LDFLAGS = -L$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/lib

# May not need to alter anything below this line

In the end I got working files for WiringPi. Hooray!! :)

This whole cross compiling thing is still quite new to me, and I'm struggling with compiling raspberry remote (raspberry-remote) though. It gives me an error make: *** No rule to make target 'RCSwitch.o', needed by 'send'. Stop., which I don't understand. I tried adjusting the compiler, library and LD paths like with WiringPi, but the compiler just won't digest my makefile. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Makefile for raspberry-remote

DESCRIPTION = "RCSwitch on Raspberry Pi"

LICENSE = "GPL"

VERSION = 1.0

CXX = "/home/username/build/libreelec/build.LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-devel/toolchain/bin/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-cpp"

DESTDIR?=/home/username/build/compiled/usr

PREFIX?=/local

INCLUDE = -I$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/include

CXXFLAGS += -Wall $(INCLUDE)

LDFLAGS = -L$(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/lib

LIBS = -lwiringPi -lwiringPiDev

default: send

send: RCSwitch.o send.o

$(CXX) $+ -o $@ $(CXXFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)

The space between the point and the program name is missing at your command.

Ah, indeed I overlooked the space. With space at least I get a new error syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

Unfortunately that doesn't really help me any further...

I think the problem is that gpio binary is build for wrong arch (arm/aarch64).

Did the arch change from Krypton to Leia? As I wrote the binary ran perfectly well under Krypton.

I already did try to rebuild (as aarch64). Should that be aarch32? At least uname says aarch64.

I did not take notes back when I compiled the old – then working – binary, what exactly the settings were. My bad!

You mean directly in the program's folder or in /bin ?

In the program folder it results in this:

Odroid:~/.kodi/addons/service.wiringPi/bin # .gpio

-sh: .gpio: not found

But wouldn't calling .gpio refer to another binary named ".gpio" instead of the file "gpio" I have?

If you mean ./gpio, that is what I did originally. Also returns "not found".

In /bin nothing works either. .gpio and gpio return "not found", and of course ./gpio does, too.

I'm pretty sure it is not a simple syntax error. Either something changed in the core which renders the executables useless (but then why "not found"?) or for some reason the executables are hidden for the shell. But where could I place them to cross that out?

Dear all,

I upgraded from Krypton to Leia this week. Despite the usual minor and unimportant glitches on a release change all went well. Kodi immediately worked and played some test videos just fine. But I ran into a problem where I had not expected one. I had some program binaries for WiringPi and a remote sender that ran fine in the previous release. These were stored in a selfmade "addon" and where left untouched by the upgrade. Now they don't work anymore for reasons I cannot explain. ?(

I don't think it is of importance, but Leia runs on an Odroid C2.

When I open a console via SSH, go to the program folder and try to run the binaries, I get a confusing error.

Odroid:~/.kodi/addons/service.wiringPi/bin # ./gpio

-sh: ./gpio: not found

Not found?? The file is just there. And look Leia, it's even executable!

Odroid:~/.kodi/addons/service.wiringPi/bin # ls -Alh

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 48.6K Mar 31 03:40 gpio

I already tried rebuilding the programs from source ( git://http://github.com/hardkernel/wiringPi , and git://http://github.com/xkonni/raspberry-remote.git for the interested ), but to no avail.

Do you have an idea where the problem is?