Posts by TerrH

Hi again,

I've just realized that maybe when the Kodi update is initiated from auto to manual then the beta also maybe test builds are included in the

various versions available so maybe the 8.1.0, 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 versions weren't stable ones. Anyway put it back to auto to just get the stable ones after re-installing the 8.0.2 versionand it's working fine now. Just have to wait for stable updates. Updated them in the first place as I was having some issues with the recordings having a error message when fist enabled and thought the update might fix it. I've updated the various tvheadend pvr addons and will see how they go.

Hi Guys,

The RC6 remote is double scrolling after update to 8.1.2 it worked ok in 8.0.2. Rolled version back to 8.1.1 and 8.1.0 but they also don't scroll correctly so have reverted back to 8.0.2 and it's now ok. Have to do a complete circle to get to channel or icon required or even use the mouse but I've noticed that its jumping as well sometimes.

Can't find any settings adjustments for the remote control also looked for any remote control addons but no luck.

Any ideas or addons or fixes that might be available please

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can assist me please, have recently got a new sony 4k tv and have a sony sound bar connected to it but its not good enough for my hearing problem while watching FTA tv.

Went and got a sony mdr-1000x bluetooth headset to pair with the tv but was unable to do so. Since discovered from sony support that the sony bluetooth headsets won't pair with the new tv, how good is that.

Anyway before I insist on a refund I wondered if I could use the bluetooth headset with libreelec v8.0.2 on my htpc. I only have ir on my asrock z87m extreme4 m/b but would it work using a particular bluetooth dongle (unable to use a wired connection). If so is there a particular dongle that I should get that is compatible with LE 8.0.2. because I find the headphones more suitable for my hearing issue. Fingers crossed.

Best Regards.

Hi Guys,

False alarm, just discovered how to delete recordings using the RC6 remote control, there's a small button lower down on the remote called 'CLEAR',

well this brings up confirmation to delete and it works - great.

Regards

Hi Guys,

Putting it in this forum as it's to do with deleting tv recordings which I thought would come under PVR.

My PVR client is TVHeadend 4.2 and using LE v8.0.2

I have the microsoft rc6 remote control which works good but I can't seem to find out how to delete watched tv recordings. 'C' button brings up the context menu via a keyboard but I don't use a keyboard.

Is there a way to configure the mce remote in LE with an addon as there is with a windows addon. I've tried to find a version but have been unsuccessful.

Or alternatively an add to configure keyboards strokes with the rc6 remote controller.

Thanks in advance.

Hi edit4ever,

Done as you describe and it works beautifully, I really like tvheadend as well as there are lots of configurations.

Fantastic job with your guidance edit4ever, thanks heaps. live long and prosper.

Best Regards.

Hi edit4ever,

Spoke to soon, thought I had it sorted. Using the tvheadend web browser I changed the recording folder to /var/media/TV/Recorded TV/ and also the default timeshift path to /var/media/TV/timeshiftbuffer/ also on the same hdd from previous setups.

changed some settings in Tvheadend setup dvr configuration from true to false for individual folders for recordings.

Trouble is when in livetv - tv recordings in the UI it doesn't show anything. The recordings are TS-MPEG2 Transport video files so shouldn't they be seen and played. It does show the hdd size of 1.7TB and also the space available.

What do you think?

HaHa I was using firefox or internet explorer, went to windows explorer and there it was-so easy when you know how.

Thanks for your patience edit4ever will try putting the info in tvheadend configuration now. Thanks a mill.

Hi edit4ever,

Got putty working and the hdd is mounted as per /var/media/TV

If I want to use a particular folder that exist's on the hdd would it be ....media/TV/Recorded TV

What would the command be for viewing the folders on the hdd. Also would the whole path in putty to the particular folder be the one that I put into the tvheadend configuration-recording tab.

Hi edit4ever,

Thanks for that will try using ssh in case of future need. If I enable ssh in the services section then is that all is required.

Would the access be http:// ip address:22 in the browser.

Hi edit4ever,

Well what do you know, I read on one of the forums including this one, looked at so many forgot where I saw it that sometimes a hard drive wouldn't be recognized by libreelec or even openelec if "safely remove hardware and eject media " wasn't adhered to, or if there was a problem with the hdd file system or something even though I removed it when windows was turned off, so I pulled it from the htpc and connected it to my other pc and did a 'Auto fix file system errors' and Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors'. After it successfully completed I then correctly removed it from windows first by changing it to 'offline' in the right click mouse of computer to 'manage' section.

Then connected it to my LE htpc, went into system info and there it was.

All I have to do now is try to configure the tv recordings to use this hdd instead of the system one.

Didn't need the ssh after all.

Maybe somebody could advise me on the changing of the recording path for tv please.

Thanks

Hi kszaq,

Yes I found the toggle to enable ssh but how do I open the terminal/console. Not sure how you describe the place you go to use ssh or how to get there or what 'commands' to use to check to see my hdd. HELP!

Hi Guys,

Boy, am I on a learning curve! I've installed LibreELEC v8.0.2 JeOS on my htpc onto a SSD. With the help from some very informative members it is now working very well thank you all.

It's installed on a previous windows 10 pc, I kept my ota tv recordings on a seperate 2TB hdd, which I can't see how to mount using LE, I thought it might be automatic recognition for the drive which is the ntfs file system. I've read various threads here and in other areas that I could use ssh for be-bugging logs but it seems I didn't enable ssh via the wizard when I first installed LE. Is there another method for doing this or am I buggerd and need to re-install. Thanks for you time.