Posts by nicobee

Hello HiassofT,

sorry for the delay (I was occupied by my job).

Today I tested the new 8.1.0 and the remote (with my modifications in Lircmap and remote.xml) works fine. Also the PVR works fine again, but since I also switched from VDR to TvHeadend I do not know if this was related to the involved versions.

So this topic is solved.

Thank you very very much for your really great support and help!

Best regards, Nico.

Hello HiassofT,

it's really great that you are so helpful and that you always reply such quick!

I tried to activate debugging but I only get the outputs:

Code
    19:47:03.287 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x6c, sym: 0x0112, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    19:47:03.287 T:1962553344   DEBUG: OnKey: down (0xf081) pressed, action is Down
    19:47:03.737 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x6c, sym: 0x0112, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    19:47:04.003 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x67, sym: 0x0111, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    19:47:04.004 T:1962553344   DEBUG: OnKey: up (0xf080) pressed, action is Up
    19:47:04.487 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x67, sym: 0x0111, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
    19:47:07.836 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x74, sym: 0x014b, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0

and

Code
    19:47:07.836 T:1962553344   DEBUG: OnKey: zoom (0xf0e7) pressed, action is
    19:47:08.086 T:1962553344   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x74, sym: 0x014b, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0

for buttons that can not be assigned.

So I retried your development build and there I get the outputs you mentioned (DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 10148446:6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput (KEY_DOWN)). So something seems to be different in the current public release.

Furthermore I tried to change the function of keys with adjustments in Lircmap.xml and remote.xml but they had no effect in Kodi. I tried the same changes to both files with your development build and there they worked fine.

Since the PVR functions are not working with your development build (in the logfile I can find messages that connections to the PVR backend can not be established) it is no option for me to use this build until the next official (minor) release. So I give up (at least with my ambitions to customize remote behaviour) since I invested several hours without success and so I have to wait for the next release.

Nonetheless I want to thank you for all your support in this case!!!

Nico.

Hello HiassofT,

sorry for consulting you again (I hope not to annoy you too much), but there is one more thing I do not understand:

if I get you right, the lirc daemon is not used - only eventlircd is running for passing ir events to Kodi (lircd is also not shown in my process list). So in my opinion, no lircd.conf is used nor present.

The Lircmap.xml documentation defines the remote name as

Code
    <remote device="name_Lirc_calls_the_remote">

How does that fit toget her? Can you tell me which device name I have to use for the Kodi built in mechanism?

Thank you again!

Nico

Hello HiassofT,

I have got another question regarding this topic:

you wrote earlier in this thread, that "The eventlircd process running is fine, it's needed to feed the remote button presses into kodi.". Does that mean, that I can use Lircmap.xml to map the keycodes to Kodi actions in remote.xml? When not, can you tell me, how to shorten that gap between keycodes (like KEY_ENTER) and the codes in remote.xml (like "Select")?

The information in the Kodi-Wiki were not helpful for me in this case.

Thank you again for your help and have a nice weekend, Nico.

Hello HiassofT,

I downloaded your dev build and installed it (by copying it to the .update folder).

The ssh shell displays LibreELEC (community): devel-20170808010044-r25961-g2568ed687 (RPi2.arm).

I rolled back the changes, that I made to the keymap, so:

Code
    # cat .config/rc_keymaps/xbox_one
    # table xbox_one, type: NEC
    0x80d864 KEY_MEDIA
    0x80d820 KEY_LEFT
    0x80d821 KEY_RIGHT
    0x80d81e KEY_UP
    0x80d81f KEY_DOWN
    0x80d822 KEY_OK
    0x80d823 KEY_EXIT
    [...]

... is active.

With that configuration your dev build works ... which means that the OK/ENTER button is recognized by Kodi.

When will this dev branch be merged to the head revision?

Best regards, Nico.

Hello HiassofT,

today I was able to test the dev-build. I used the latest, which is: LibreELEC (community): devel-20170807025305-#0806-gc0c5545 (RPi2.arm)

The output of the lsof command is:

Code
    # lsof | grep /dev/input
    261     /usr/sbin/eventlircd    /dev/input/event0

During this test, I used the rc_map.cfg:

Code
    # cat .config/rc_maps.cfg
    * * xbox_one

I tested with the "old" xbox_one keymap that contains:

Code
    0x80d822 KEY_OK
    0x80d823 KEY_EXIT

... and it worked. That means: pressing the "OK" and the "BACK" button is recognized by Kodi.

So it seems, that my Problem will be solved with the next release. Do you know if there is a roadmap for the rollout of the new release?

I want to thank you very much for all the efforts you had with my Topic! Thank you also for answering all my questions!!!

Since I always try to understand why and how things work, I have a last question regarding this problem:

the system did not recognize the OK/ENTER button when the keymap contained KEY_OK but it did, as I changed to KEY_ENTER. Why did you designate it only as a workaround? Is there a transition from KEY_OK to KEY_ENTER which did not work in my case? In other words: is there a reason why I have to switch back to KEY_OK instead of leaving KEY_ENTER in the keymap?

Again: thank you very much for your helpfulness!

Best regards, Nico.

Hi HiassofT,

your workaround performs good. But perhaps it is an important information for you, that the both keys KEY_ENTER and KEY_BACK are responding a bit slower to my button presses than the KEY_UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons for instance.

One question for a better understanding of Kodi:

how do one get the list of the keycodes that will be unterstood by kodi? Is it the list at http://kodi.wiki/view/Action_IDs with a leading "KEY_" before the ActionID!? Or do I have to take a look into the kodi sourcecode for it?

Kind regards, Nico.

Hi HiassofT,

here is the output of the first udevadm command:

You can find the dmesg output at: http://sprunge.us/NSEA

and the journalctl output at: http://sprunge.us/ibKD

I will try the workaround you mentioned - thank you for the hint!

Best regards, Nico.

Hi HiassofT,

thank you for your endurance :)

Here are the outputs of the steps that I made in the order you specified:

I think the relevant part is:

Code
    23:06:36.839 T:1961955328   DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(352)
    23:06:38.607 T:1961955328   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 5 times.
    23:06:38.607 T:1961955328   DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(174)

... isn't it!?

Regarding your question "[...] tell us if that worked [...]":

the behaviour after the (re-)start of kodi via systemctl was not better than before (if I did understand your question right).

But if I try to verify the same behaviour within the logfile, it is strange to see, that the second attempt seemed to be successful:

First attempt:

Second attempt:

Code
    23:23:07.976 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 166 (0xa6, obc89) pressed, action is Up
    23:23:10.152 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 168 (0xa8, obc87) pressed, action is Right
    23:23:10.953 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b, obc244) pressed, action is Select
    23:23:14.674 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 167 (0xa7, obc88) pressed, action is Down
    23:23:15.180 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b, obc244) pressed, action is Select
    23:23:17.566 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 166 (0xa6, obc89) pressed, action is Up
    23:23:18.641 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b, obc244) pressed, action is Select
    23:23:19.572 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 168 (0xa8, obc87) pressed, action is Right
    23:23:20.319 T:1961910272   DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b, obc244) pressed, action is Select

Hi HiassofT,

my xbox_one keymap is:

udevadm:

udev-rules:

Code
    # ls -la .config/udev.rules.d/
    total 4
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 May 19 16:01 .
    drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root          1024 Jul 28 11:45 ..
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1170 May 19 16:01 README

Regarding the test with disabled Joystick-support:

I've already disabled this addon since I tried to reduce the possible interfering factors. So I've already tested it.

If I should try with ENABLED Joystick-support again, please let me know.

Thank you, that you stay furthermore on that topic!!!

Best regards, Nico.

Hi HiassofT ,

executing the commands that are described in the "WD TV Live"-Thread show, that the buttons "OK" and "BACK"/"EXIT" are successfully received:

The codes are equal to the ones that are configured in the rc_keymaps-file, so my assumption that these are not correct was wrong.

Here is the output of the both commands you mentioned:

My rc_maps.cfg:

Code
    # cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
    * * xbox_one

The /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/folder is empty. Could that be the reason for my problem?

Thank you again for your help!!!

Kind regards, Nico

In addition to my previous post:

Perhaps some of the keys are not correctly assigned because it seems like there is a wrong table used:

It seems that table rc-pinnacle-pctv-hd is used instead of xbox_one or am I wrong?

Hello HiassofT ,

first I want to thank you for your great, fast and useful help!!!

It works great as you described. Kodi is now responding immediately to my button presses. I just had to place the IR receiver a little bit more visible since the IR transmitter of the PCTV 461e seems not to be as sensitive as a TSOP 4838.

Thank you that you took the time to wrote such a detailed instruction!

And I am sorry that I have to ask you again for another topic: The only problem that is left, is that some of the buttons seems not to be correctly assigned in the standard keymap for the XBOX One Remote: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT are all working great, but OK/Select and BACK (for example) are not recognized in Kodi.

Can you tell me how to correct these codes in the keymap file? Is there a tool like lirc's mode2 to get the right codes for the various buttons on the remote? Unfortunatey these codes differ from that ones I recorded with irrecord.

Or do I have to create some assignment instructions as I did with lircmap.xml to get these buttons working in Kodi?

Another question is: although I disabled lirc (in config.txt and LibreELEC-Settings), there are some lirc processes running on my LibreELEC-Pi:

Code
    # ps -ef | grep -i lirc
      266 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
      424 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      429 root       1:43 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      765 root       0:00 grep -i lirc

Is that correct?

Thank you very much for your help again!

Kind regards!

Hello HiassofT,

I tried both of your proposals (creating .config/modprobe.d/pinnacle-disable-ir.conf and echo "blacklist em28xx-rc" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.confand restarting the RPi, of course) but the behaviour of the remote (not all button pushes are recognized) has not changed as long as the DVB-stick is connected to the RPi. When I disconnect it - even while the RPi and Kodi are running - the recognition is immediately good!

Do you have some other ideas or recommendations for isolating the problem?

Thank you in advance, Nico.

Hello Hias!

Thank you for your really quick answer!!!

After creating the conf-file, ir-keytable says

Code
    # ir-keytable 
    Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

... so your solution seems to work (since the DVB-stick is currently connected to my RPi).

I will try a few hours in the evening and update this topic.

Thank you very much for your great and fast help!

Kind regards, Nico.

Hello everybody!

I searched the net for a while but did not find a solution for my problem. So I am hopeful, that somebody of you can help me out.

I am running LibreELEC 8.0.2 on a RPi 3.

An IR receiver is connected via GPIO. It is feeded with an XBox One Media Control.

For Live-TV I am using an PCTV 461e USB stick (DVB-S/S2).

Everything works fine until I connect the DVB-stick. From then on the responsiveness of the remote control is unreliable, since some of the button pushes are not recognized by Lirc/Kodi.

In my opinion this behaviour is reasoned in the fact that the DVB-stick has got it's own IR receiver and therefore two IR receivers are working inside the system and interfere with each other.

Part of dmesg output:

If I run ir-keytable, I got the following output:

Code
    # ir-keytable 
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
        Driver em28xx, table rc-pinnacle-pctv-hd
        Supported protocols: rc-5 nec rc-6 
        Enabled protocols: rc-5 
        Name: 1-1.3: em28178#0 IR
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 2013:0258, version: 0x0001
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

If I run ir-keytable without the DVB-stick attached to the RPi (the case when everything works fine!), the output is as follows:

Code
    # ir-keytable 
    Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

For my limited knowledge of lirc it seems strange that the best working config seems not to use the lirc components.

Perhaps it is useful to know the lirc-processes that are running on my Pi:

Code
    # ps -ef | grep -i lirc
      281 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
      420 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0 --pidfile=/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid --release=_LIRCUP /storage/.config/lircd.conf
      421 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/lircd-uinput --release=_LIRCUP /run/lirc/lircd-lirc0
      457 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      463 root       3:04 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
      861 root       0:00 grep -i lirc

I think that the solution for my problem is to disable the IR receiver of the DVB-stick, but I don't know how to achieve it.

May somebody help me? Thank you very much in advance!

Nico.