Posts by pepeq

Additionally to my C2 I bought a S905X-device (BeLink MiniMXIII II, 2GB) for 4K-HDR-support.

On both boxes I am running kszaq's LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.3.img.gz (with devicetree gxl_p212_2g.dtb on the MiniMXIII) and it works great so far.

There is only a problem with my Harmony remote on the MiniMXIII:

The original BeeLink-remote works out-of-the-box. But I want to use my Harmony, which works well with Lirc on the C2,

on the MininMXIII in the same way. I don't want to have an seperate Harmony-profile for the MiniMXIII.

I have enabled Lirc in LibreElec-config on both boxes.

I assume I have to create a new lirc.conf for the MiniMXII, because the IR-codes, which my Hamrmony sends are configured for the C2.

But irrecord does not work.

When I compare the C2 with MiniMXII, then there is no device /dev/lirc0 on the MiniMXIII, see below.

On the MiniMXIII there is also no lirc_dev-message as on the C2.

dmesg and processes on the C2:

dmesg and processes on the MiniMXIII:

Is this a problem with the devicetree on the MiniMXIII?

The device /dev/lirc0 seems not to be created on the MiniMXIII.

Is this a conflict with amremote?

Any ideas? And thanks for your help.

The issue is with Nougat kernel. I repeat once again: I don't have 3D equipment, I can only guess which part of the code is responsible for crashes.

Please refer to this thread for HDR-related discussion: [TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

I wanted just let you know...

Thanks a lot for the link-hint and thanks for your efforts to keep things ticking over! :)

now I have something to read and learn... 8)

Hi Kszaq. Thanks for the new test build 8.1.2 but sadly the 3D probelm still remains unchanged it seems. Tried a few times and with different 3D content videos too but still hte same problems as reported before. All else look fine so far with the new test build. What an incredible job you are doign here.

I can confirm this, 3D autoswitching does not work correctly with v8.2_8.1.2 on my C2. It has worked one time in my tests , but I

couldn't catch it. Most times my TV is switched to a black screen and the Kodi-GUI does not respond any longer to my remote. The C2 has not crashed, I can login via ssh furthermore. With raybuntu's krypton15.3 build 3D switching is very reliable.

Beside the 3D I am very interested in the HDR/10bit issue. My 4K/10bit/BT.2020 MKV-files show very pale colors on my TV. Should @johngalt's patch resolve this? These files are created with Handbrakes h.265-10bit-encoder.

I am not sure if 'echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr' is sufficient to strengthen the colors.

I have also MKV-files, where MediInfo shows '8bit and BT.2020' (input files to Handbrake are 10bit/4:2:0 (Type 2), encoding with HBs h.265-encoder). Which value should I use with the echo-command?

My LG-TV does not show that it recognizes a HDR-file. If I play the files via a USB-disk connected directly to a HDMI-port of my TV, the

TV says 'HDR input recognized'. That is not the case when the files are played with Kodi/C2 to the same HDMI-port..

Thanks for any advice!

However, I now install to my Beelink, together with the correct S905X new device tree, your new test version 8.2.-8.1.0 and can advise that the 3D feature no longer works and usually crashes my box when I llaunch 3D content leaving me in a black screen and requiring a reboot. Although the remote powere button does still switch the box off okay so it cannot be totally crashed btu no display and no sound. I did at one point get the 3D picture up (same content so dont know why it worked this once) but when I closed the video the same problem occurred with a blank black screen and had to shut the box down and reboot. With the reboot needed I cannot see how I can get a log or even if it would be relevant anyway with this issue.

I can confirm this, 3D-autoswitching does not work on my C2. :(

I did a fresh install with LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.1-C2.img.gz

good news: :)

after enabling Lirc in LibreElec-addon and copying the lircd.conf to /storage/.config my Harmony is working again.