Posts by cragmuer

I've been trying to compile the latest version of the build on various different Linux distros but can't quite seem to ever get it to finish. I first started with Debian and immediately ran into a ton of issues but managed to mostly get them fixed. However I got stumped on a problem trying to compile NSS. I tried using different versions but I think I narrowed the issue down to be a bug with cmake.

I then ran across a post by Escalade on another forum discussing a similar problem with someone also trying to compile on Ubuntu. Reading that thread, I noticed Escalade mentioned using Arch. This user apparently also gave up on Ubuntu and moved to Arch and was able to successfully build an image (I think). In an attempt to emulate that success, I also installed an Arch system and began the build process again. After fixing an annoying kernel panic due to the driver for VMware's VMXNET3 adapter, the build process started in earnest and looked like it was going well. Then I ran into another issue while trying to compile open-vm-tools and I'm totally stumped at this point.

Google hasn't been much help and I really didn't know where else to turn. I was hoping that maybe someone here could share their build environment or a few suggestions in the hopes of getting this build compiled. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for your time!