Posts by JonSnow

p200_mxq_pro_4k

Sorry if i wasn't clear, i was able to boot LE using the p200_1GB_100M with p200 android firmware, but that is an old 2015 firmware which has issues with the remote.

I was looking for a p201 dtb instead, the p201 android firmware has a working remote and is newer. The p201 in the device tree folder causes a brick.

2GB vs 1GB really depends on usage, i leave my box on 24/7 so the extra ram is a benefit and you future proof. There is a AML bug thats causes ram to fill up on all theses boxes eventually leading to a freeze, Kszaq has addressed this in 007 but i haven't tested yet. For me 2GB was a requirement since i tried 1GB box.

S905 vs s905x looking at kszaq development it seems installing LE is easier on s905x since the kernel has the dtb files, so eventually i think s905x will become the norm.

8/16 remember about 2GB is set aside for ROM including LE eventhough LE will never use it. Usable space is 4.7GB or 10.8GB for all kodi data. My current install is already at 3.6GB which is mainly tmp data such as youtube trailers.

As of today I'm perfect happy with s905 until i buy a 4K TV i have no need for s905x.

I can now confirm that partition table for these boxes is different than standard Amlogic one. I think we can drop device-tree-defined partition table and let kernel read it directly from eMMC/u-boot (not sure which one is used). I will do some tests later today to see if we can make it work this way.

Edit: I will need to provide alternative partition tables in device trees.

Sounds good, will test whenever they are ready.

Weird, maybe new stock is moving to s905x? I believe they did the same thing with s905 and s905 rev C. When i got my box it had rev C processor while others had the older one.

EDIT

Its a different box which is called the Beelink MINI MXIII II

Terrible name but we now know.

Hi kszaq and others......please can someone help. Just tried to flash LE to nand on brand new Beelink Mini MXiii.....it has 2GB and 1Gbite Ethernet. I put the following files on a USB - aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, and tried both gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb as the dtb.img, obviously on different upload attempts. I have tried to upload going into android recovery via the toothpick method and then updateing from USB and whilst it goes through the motions of uploading and saying at the end of the process that 'Libreelec has successfully been installed'.....when i reboot it it just sticks on the Beelink splash screen and does not load as Libreelec. Please can someone help as I am going nuts with this.

Many thanks.

Try with gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb

How do I do that? I could not find anything like a power menu in this Android version.

I just pressed the power button on the remote to get only "shutdown" as option.

easiest way is to use an app if you have root otherwise adb over network.

kszaq the new p201 dtb still bricks the mxq using p201 firmware

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb bricked my Beelink Mini MXIII internal install. Systemfile corruption error using dd command in OP for dtb upgrades AND install from stock Android. Flashed 007 using minimxiii dtb from 006 so back up and running.

gxbb_p201.dtb also bricks the MXQ PRO 4K using p201 firmware.

I wanted to create a new thread for the MXQ Pro 4K since there are I believe 4 different variations of the motherboard. Ever since 006 i have not been able to boot LE from NAND on my blue v1.0 151021 MXQ using stock firmware (p201), back in the day before Kszaq's LE in order to install OE on this box you needed to install a special custom firmware (p200) then proceed to installing OE. Since i had a copy and nothing to loose, i installed the custom version and then installed 007 using the new install method and I was surprise LE actually booted. I tried reinstalling a bunch of times using stock but always ended with a brick.

I think the main issue is LE needs a p200 bootloader while most MXQ have p201, if anyone has a recent p200 build for the v1 please post it.

Firmware I used: MEGA
    Source: index.php?topic=27.msg816#msg816

NOTE: firmware above seems to be a slimmed cleaned firmware with just bare android.

Started with Beelink Mini MX III running stock android. Booted SD card okay. Tried the new install script and it completed, but I got a "corrupt filesystem" error on boot. Burned the box back to stock android using the USB burn tool. Tried the alternate toothpick method for installing to NAND. Same "corrupt filesystem" error.

I will try installing 006 and then upgrading since that seems to be working for other owners of this box.

What dtb file are you using? Try using the one from 006 for the MXIII

No, I used the toothpick method like a fresh install. I could have sworn that's how in the instructions said to do it when I first looked, or I misread the post.

You read OP correctly was just curious if dropping the update in the folder worked since I don't see a new device tree for the MXIII i.e 2GB_1Gbit. Will try this way to see if it works for my eMMC install.