Posts by JonSnow

This is a known issue when upgrading from 007, MXIII had a non standard partition on 007 which kszaq corrected on 008.

Knowing so the way i upgraded was by flashing the image onto a usb key and booting LE via toothpick, then used installtointernal, you may need to do this twice.

Make sure to use the usb port next to the SD card , LE should boot from SD as well but USB was easier for me.

Tip: I had the recovery image on a SD card so it kept booting into recovery instead of LE when booting via toothpick. So make a fresh sd/usb and remove any other storage devices and make sure you dont have the Android dtb or recovery on the LE SD/USB

Power line should work as long as you are within your main circuit panel, it does not matter if its not on the same circuit. I installed a few for friends in different rooms and they work with no issue.

Updated to 1023 devl and ram usage was still increasing after watching videos and browsing after 2 days it had used 37% ram.

Tring the new 1024 devl, just browsing my library a few times and the ram jumps to about 60% then slowly decreases. On fresh boot the ram is abot 16% after library browsing it now at 18% which is better than before which used about 7% just browsing

Hello Gerald.

I didn't mean the actual file path. I meant when I load Libreelec I go to System and then the settings page. I choose input devices, then peripherals and an option pops up for CEC adapter. Sorry I wasn't clearer. For myself the actual file path is Userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml. I compared this file in 007 and 008 and they are identical.
    K0HxKWpZ

In the S905 general thread at post #177 it was mentioned changing "device_type" value="4" to "device_type" value="1" but that didn't make a difference.

Thats exactly what i had to do to get my media buttons to work on my LG remote, back in the RPi days I had created a remote.xml file for proper keymaps on the remote coz the buttons were not assigned to any command. After moving to s905 i just copied that file over but they still didn't work until the cec change.

So maybe you need to look at the kodi wiki and create a remote.xml file for your remote? They probably work since making the cec change but are not assigned to a command.

Can you please test a new development build I've just uploaded? I have added a patch for EGL rendering that supposedly fixes some GL-related leak. I'm not able to reproduce it and I'd be greatful if you can tell me whether things are improved or not. This is the build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161023234951-r23404-g0b27f28.img.gz (when upgrading from .008 you don't need to include a device tree in your update process)

This build also has the same approach to a/v sync as 2016-10-18 devel as this was so far the best one. VQ drops to ~0% but I don't notice any stuttering because of this.

i'll try this build and will report back after 24 hours, I find the more i use the box the more it fills up since i leave the box on 24/7. With the last devl release after 2 days it has used 36% RAM. 15 days was the longest one of my boxes had survived being on at which point RAM was about 55% used, had to reboot because i wanted to upgrade from 007 to 008.

I hardly have freezing since 007 the 2GB really makes a difference.

Will 009 still be using Kodi 16.1? I'm in no rush to upgrade and rather have the bugs fixed. Krypton will case me some headache with sql and skins, always have to be careful with major releases.

An easier way would have been to follow the "Alternative way of installing via recovery (not recommended):" step.

Once the sd card had the 5 files you boot into Android launch the BACKUP&UPGRADE app and select any random/dummy zip file hit install. The box reboots and starts flashing LE from SD to NAND.

Are you using any non-standard advancedsettings? Can you try using this advancedsettings.xml (with the latest dev build): advancedsettings.xml
    Is channel switching faster when you use it?

I use a custom advancedsettings.xml and have a few questions

Do i need to apply latency settings if i dont watch live tv?
    Does the cpu/gpu command fix the temp readings?
    busydialogdelayms command was removed in the former xbmc 12 is it needed in your builds?

I leave my box on 24/7 so CEC only sometimes works when the tv is powered on. To fix it without restarting I find if i select simplelink (lg cec) button on the LG remote and then select the LE box which shows up as HDD Recorder i find CEC starts to work.

Can someone please tell me if the "mouse" on the remote control for Mini-MX and/or Mini-MXiii is supposed to work on Libreelec ? I have only had it working on android. Thanks.

Why do you even want to use that on LE? I see zero benefits from using the mouse on the IR remote.

If you get a proper RF air mouse i know that works, i suspect the IR will as well but i purposely disabled the mouse in LE.

Why is the MXIII II set to do not buy? I assume its coz of lack of BT/WiFi drivers. If so may want to add that so people know the reason.

Anyhow MXQ PRO 4K V1 blue board (1511) working perfectly with 007. Power off/on from remote, wifi, lan.

I hope the list for working devices means power off/on, wifi, bluetooth, remote and SPDIF (some may want it). Otherwise the list should be broken down further.

I can confirm the MXIII S905 and MXQ s905 is fully functional as stated above.

Yes - I've found that the audio can go out of sync in 008 (using beelink mx64 2gb ram 8gb rom 1gb ethernet ap6330 wifi). Specifically watching walking dead s06e16 (encoded using x265 codec at 720p resolution) and it's actually the video stream that appears to 'slow down' for a couple of seconds and this causes out of sync audio. Difficult to explain, but it happened a few times (at different points) in the same episode. If I stop and resume, it works for some minutes and then the problem resurfaces. I had the 008 'fix' version and the latest 008 dtb.img

I had previously used 007 for a few weeks without any audio sync issues (playing many movies and tv episodes) and have since reverted back to 007 and the problem has gone away.

Are you sure dtb applied correctly, seemed like i had sync issues but they have gone away with a fresh install. Kszaq released a new build that fixes the dtb not applying correctly just in case your using an old build of 008.

Hi Jefken
    if you have a fast external SD the question rather is: what are the disadvantages running from fast external SD?
    in my opinion : none
    Moreover: you can continue to run the (original) internal firmware.

Personally one of the my main reasons to buy these boxes was for internal storage and to avoid SD cards. Prior to the s905 i used RPi2 which has been great but had corrupt SD cards at one point or another. These SD where tested and bought specifically for RPI and had good R/W, the cards where fast but didn't last long.

Second reason was because my box only has 2 usb ports and one is occupied by the RF remote and i wanted a spare port just incase, it also looks cleaner, yes i know i can add a usb hub but why? I use the SD card for backups just incase a update fails or the box dies, if i booted from SD i wouldn't be able to backup to another storage device without a hub.

I know most want to keep Android but for me i see no point, unless its official Android TV. It was bought specifically to run LE.

Guys reporting buffer and audio problems, have you tried the new 008-fix update?

Remember to include the dtb file so its applied correctly.

Edit:

I would like to report I was able to fix my BT and WiFi issues, turns out i renamed the dtb to ledtb.img which is incorrect when updating using the update folder. When i put in the correct name dtb.img I ended up with a corrupt file system which i suspected may occur according to OP. Created a fresh USB key with 008-fix and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb renamed to dtb.img, booted LE using toothpick then used installtointernal from ssh. After that i just restored my previous backup.

I think people should try a fresh install just to be 100% sure, easy enough to backup and restore.

I did not use a Realtek device tree .008 as i have never had to in previous versions for this particular box.
    Confirming i am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Mines is the Beelink branded version and using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb had absolutely slow wifi, the new Realtek dtb is 100x better, i may just need to do further testing to 100% sure.

In previous builds device tree for MXII was the same as p200_1Gbit except for system partition size. I didn't know it needs modifications for Realtek WiFi. I have uploaded a new device tree for you to try.

Thanks for the updated dtb with Realtek. WiFi is night and day difference with the new dtb on my MXIII, but will stick to LAN since the card isn't the best.

EDIT: It seems you can't use both WiFi & BT at the same time. If WiFi is connected I cannot connect to my BT speaker, if my BT speaker is connect WiFi fails to connect.
    EDIT2:It seems you have to connect to wifi then turn wifi off, turn on BT reboot and connect speaker then turn on wifi. After that reboot a second time and they both work.
    EDIT3: WiFi also seems to just die after a few minutes of streaming as reported by kostaman on build 007. It could be hardware since i rarely use or tested WiFi. Maybe others that actually use it can confirm?