Posts by hpmueller1971

Hi,

i'm using the Turn Off-Screensaver to turn off an old PC-Display with an RPi2 via the vcgencmd method.

on LE11, vcgencmd display_power 0 hasn't worked for some time, and since a few weeks, it does not work on LE10 from git anymore. Same behavior on both:

# vcgencmd display_power 1
    display_power=1

# vcgencmd display_power 0
    display_power=1

Can someone reproduce this?

Regards

/hp

Keep in mind that LE 10.0.2 will now output 10bit video files as 10 or 12 bit instead of only 8bit before - which obviously requires higher HDMI output clocks.

If you are overclocking you'll be generally on your own and be prepared that any odd issues are most likely caused by too aggressive overclock - in which case you have to find working overclock settings again.

so long,

Hias

Ah well, there's at least an explenation, the Files that don't play on 10.0.2 are in fact 10bit, thanks!

I just remember that the first git-version that had the deinterlacer in LE10, was the version where those random flashes appeared, was the 10bit stuff in the same commit...?

I'm aware that overclocking is unsupported, i simply didnt think of it when i wrote my original comment, apologies...

Hi everyone,

i apologise for the long message, im basically testing and rebooting like a crazy person while writing this ;)

@popcornmix No, absolutely nothing beside

[ 83.524947] rpivid feb10000.codec: rpivid_h265_start: (3840x1920)
    [ 83.568896] rpivid feb10000.codec: SPS changed
    [ 83.568913] rpivid feb10000.codec: PPS changed

I haven't seen this on LE 10.0.2.

Please test with LE10.0.2 and after the issue occurred ssh in and check if the RPi had throttled - insufficient power supply could cause such issues.

I'm using 10.0.2 (i've built git-images for months, but the moment the release-image of 10.0.2 appeared, i've upgraded to that). But the throtteling-comment reminded me that i have overclocked the Pi4 (to 2000/700 with overvoltage=6), so just to be thorough, ive removed the overclocking, and guess what, the noise flashes are gone :-S. After a lot of trying, it seems to be the CPU/Core overclocking, with overclocking 2000 and no GPU/Core overclock, it works fine.

10.0.1 with GPU overclocking -> good

10.0.2 with GPU overclocking -> random noise every few minutes

10.0.2 without GPU overclocking -> good

the pi never throtteles, no underpower or overheat (barly goes above 55C on h265-UHD). But the wheirdness does not stop there, i have some UHD-H265 Files with a high bitrate, that give me a "No Signal" on my Samsung TV, when played with 10.0.2+overclock, but work fine on 10.0.1+overclock, and fine on 10.0.2 without GPU overclock! This is reproducable on a second RPi4, so it's not an issue of the specific board. The only non-obvious difference in vcgen ist the pixel frequency:

core: frequency(1)=500000992
    v3d: frequency(46)=500000992
    pixel: frequency(29)=149989744

core: frequency(1)=700009280
    v3d: frequency(46)=700009280
    pixel: frequency(29)=299979488

What does the pixel frequency mean, is this somehow related to the HDMI? Both issues "feel" like a problem on HDMI, the random flashes do not look like mpeg-decoding-blocks and are way to short. IIRC, there was some firmware change, not at the same time, but within a few weeks, when the deinterlacing was introduced into git, i think for 4k@60fps (with i tested with hdmi_enable_4kp60=0 and 1 and does not seem to have an influcence). Can i simply copy over the firmware files from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2, or is the newer firmware requered by Kodi on 10.0.2?

Can i somehow see hdmi or other errors in the gpu/firmware with vcgen, or what mode the rasperry hdmi is, when i get No Signal...?

Regards, /hp

Hi everybody,

since the deinterlacer was introduced in LE10 git, i'm seeing totally random (sometimes a couple of them in a minute, sometimes none for an hour) fullscreen artefacts for what looks like 1-2, maybe 3 frames. They dont look like a decoding issue, but rather like random noise, like you sometimes see when HDCP fails, or, if someone remembers, a couple of years ago, when popcornmix released a new firmware that free'd up a few megabytes more memory in the Pi2/3, there was a memory-overwriting-issue, that caused a very similar pattern (just there it locked up after that).

I cant find any way to actually trigger the issue, the type of file (codec, fps, 720p/1080p/2160p) or any settings i've tried dont matter (including if deinterlace is on or off), and there is noting in the logs when it happens.

I have confirmed that the issue is gone on the last commit without the deinterlacer (for the testing i'm using LE10.1 and LE10.2 on RPi4/4GB)...

Does someone know what i'm talking about, or do i have to try to capture it with my phonecam?

Hi everyone,

is there any sort of documentation on what is needed for a new Box to be added? I don't just want to beg, if someone can help, a i'm happy to do the legwork ;).

In my case, it's about the "open"-hour chameleon, which has an standard SD-Card for the OS, so it's relativly easy to extract files; is it enough to get the DeviceTree, or is more work involved?

Regards

/hp

Thanks, i expected as much, i looked through the commit-log and was not able to find anything related to this.... As far as i remember, the decision to drop 32-bit was make by .... well, "the old drummer of the band", is this something that you would revisit if someone would maintain it (there is a fork on github that builds and boots, could not get it to start kodi on an i915 though), or is it simply time to say goodbye to older hardware...?

Hi everyone,

i've just noticed that i386 is back in the project-list:

Valid projects:
    - Generic
    - Odroid_C2
    - RPi
    - WeTek_Core
    - WeTek_Hub
    - WeTek_Play
    - WeTek_Play_2
    - i386 <-------------------------BLINK-----------------------
    - imx6

is this an accidental commit that slipped back in, or is someone actually working on this (would be cool, i still have some older eee-pc's currently running KODIbuntu/16)...?

Regards,

/hp