Posts by dipswitch

Please run "lsmod | paste" and share the URL; let's see if there is more than one GPU detected. If there is and the BIOS doesn't provide options for disabling one of the cards we can blacklist modules to prevent them loading and confusing Xorg.

MhSa

What is weird is that the hdmi output does output a signal, only without "content". So now in test setup it does 1080p/60 on my monitor. And in case of the television it also outputs 1080p.

Do you have the TV connected to your nvidia card via hdmi? If so you could try using a dvi to hdmi adapter.
    I have this issue ever since i am using a n3700 board. Over hdmi I don't get a picture with dvi to hdmi everything works.

Also you can check if the nvidia (pcie device) is set as primery display at the bios. You can also try to dissable onboard intel video.

Maybe this will do the trick

The spo comm device has an onboard nvidia gpu, it is not a seperate card. There is only a hdmi and a d-sub output. The phoenix bios of this device is terrible, there is nothing to configure related to the gpu(s). (and nothing related to booting efi/csm :s )
    [hr]

It looks like everything is up and working .. run "/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | paste" so we can see the Xorg modes available. You can also switch modes by running "xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 0x1be" (where 0x1be is a valid mode shortcode). You might need to see if other modes are within range of what the monitor will handle?

DcFW

This is weird: it says DVI-D-0 . The spo comm doesnt have a dvi output.... Or am i misinterpreting (yes im a noob :D )

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 0x1be results in "warning: output HDMI-1 not found; ignoring"

when i do xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 0x1be it results in "xrandr: cannot find mode 0x1be"

Tried xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 0x1f5 . This results in nothing, just the prompt, and the screen stays black.

[hr]

If installing on another machine results in something that boots .. do CTL+ALT+F3 on the "hung" screen and you should see a local console (because it hasn't hung, it's just not showing output). At the console run "cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | paste" and "journalctl -b 0 --no-pager | paste" and share the URL's generated. You should also be able to do "ifconfig" and see the IP address and then SSH in to the box.

Thank you for your reply.

LRTS

NZCP

What happened is: i wasnt able to ssh in to the box, since i couldnt enable ssh in the first welcome screen. I then connected the box not with hdmi but on analalog d-sub vga. It then booted fine, showed the gui, and i was able to enable ssh. Then i shut it down, connected it again through hdmi, and did as you told.

Strangely enough, when connected on hdmi, when i do CTL-ALT-F3, i only get a blinking cursos and no prompt. Typing text also results in nothing.
    [hr]

LibreELEC Generic is a full 64-bit build. so if your machine is a 32-bit only box, it wil not only not boot, but also not run the 64bit Linux OS.

FYI, the last 32bit build available is the OpenELEC v5.0.8 build.

The problem is not the cpu's microarchitecture. The Intel D2550 cpu is a multi core 64bit processor. The problem is the bios/efi being not able to boot in 64bit efi, only in 32bit efi. I know, this is weird. But there are more devices that suffer from this issue. For example a budget laptop that i encountered some time ago; had a intel z*** atom with 32bit efi. So it was only able to run 32bit windows even when the cpu was a native 64bit intel cpu. That cpu also had a 2gb memory limit; that is intel preventing that cpu to become "to good". This is why there are 32bit bootable efi media and 64bit bootable efi media.

My Spo Book Nano Ion 3 device, wich is actually a Giadatech MI-D2550GT-R , gives me a lot of pain.

First, it refuses to boot from usb flash drive. As i understand it only supports 32bit efi. Since LE only supports 64bit efi, whatever i try, it refuses to boot. Booting for example knoppix works fine. I have the latest bios revision installed.

Second, when i install LE on its harddrive in another machine, and put de disc back in the ion 3, it boots, shows te LE boot logo, initiates the gui, and then freezes on a black screen (Kodi interface is not seen).

The device holds an Atom D2550 with integrated graphics, and an Nvidia GT610 gpu (yey, motion-adaptive de-interlace :) ).

Is there any way to get this machine to run LE?

This is the device: spo-comm GmbH spo-book NANO ION3 - Digital Signage Entry Model with NVIDIA Graphics Card

It seems obvious: when testing new firmware ALWAYS use the original remote. Using a harmony only adds another "uncertainty" in the chain. Also you can plug in a usb keyboard on your device to configure it, for example enable ssh.

What amazes me is that there are many great soc's out there, and allmost all of them lack proper firmware/driver support. With amlogic being one of the "better" supported soc's, take rockchip for example. Great spec's, no proper support. And the list is long; one could almost say that amlogic is propably one of the few manufacturers that has "some" support on "some" of their soc's. Having 802-805-812 working relatively good, 905 also ok, 912 crap support.

So for anyone reading this thread and wanting to ask when s912 linux/LE will be there: ASK AMLOGIC!! They are the ones refusing to release the proper driver/code for the s912 soc. Asking the community to write their one framebuffer code is...crazy (especially without the documentation that only amlogic has).

I haven't tried HD18Q builds. Will go and test it tonight. Keep you posted.. Thanks for the advice.

Just installed the HD18 build. Installs perfectly. For whom is facing the same problem, this concerns the black "mxq" box with black logo. I'll attach a photo of the box. Even the remote works again with the HD18 remote file. The installtointernal copied it immediately.

s805Kodi:~ # installtointernal
    This script will erase BOOT, SYSTEM, and DATA on your device
    and install LE that you booted from SD card/USB drive.

The script does not have any safeguards!

Type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes
    Writing kernel image...86+1 records in
    86+1 records out
    5650432 bytes (5.4MB) copied, 0.764111 seconds, 7.1MB/s
    done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...done.
    Formatting DATA partition...done.
    Restoring remote.conf...done.
    Do you want to copy your user data to internal data partition? [Y/n] n
    All done! You can now continue using your LE system or type "rebootfromnand" to reboot from internal memory.
    s805Kodi:~ # rebootfromnand

I just spend the evening trying to get this build installed to nand on my MXQ s805. All of my attemps failed.

First, i wrote the image to sd. Booting from sd with toothpick method works fine. After enabling ssh, i ran the installtointernal command. The first attempt resulted in no errors. But after a reboot i only get "Android system recovery <3e>" showing "no command" error.

After this, i tried the recovery install procedure with 7.0.3.3.a build. I installs fine, but after rebooting it freezes showing the libreelec logo.

After this, i tried again install with "installtointernal", now with 7.95.beta.5a . Again i can boot from sd. But now this is wat happens:

Backing up remote.conf...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Writing kernel image...88+1 records in
    88+1 records out
    5781504 bytes (5.5MB) copied, 3.520047 seconds, 1.6MB/s
    done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Formatting DATA partition...done.
    Do you want to copy your user data to internal data partition? [Y/n] n
    All done! You can now continue using your LE system or type "rebootfromnand" to reboot from internal memory.

Again tried 7.95.beta6, same result.

To sum things up: i can do recovery with 7.0.3.3 but this won't boot LE. With 7.95.beta6 i can boot from sd but cant install nor boot from internal nand.

Please help...

Just installed the latest beta on my mxiii-1gb s802. Looks and feel are great! I am unable to install pvr addons ( i am using kodi for tv viewing) and there are no deinterlace options to be made (greyed out). As my tv source is 1080i, could (perhaps some fancy temporal) is deinterlacing possible on s802, does the gpu support this in hardware?

Thanks for the hard work!!

Seems im going to be spending my evening flashing the mxiii again . Thanks for all your hard work Drieschel. Ill keep you guys posted!
    [hr]
    This is really cool! Just threw in LibreELEC-S802.MXIII-1G.arm-7.0.2-2-devel.tar . Copied it to the /update smb share. Updating went without problems. Now the mxiii boots blazing fast! No more errors in red in dmesg. Watching livetv now (legally, paid cable subscribtion, dvblink w. hardware cam solution).

First of all: my mce remote is working! No more cheap tiny flimsy button remote, but the old faithfull mce remote with big buttons. Great!

My first observations: it seems the output is not as "smooth" in comparison to my x86-64 i5 gt610 openelec setup. Cant say it stutters, not at all. Maybe there's a difference in deinterlacing? The nvidia solution has that fancy motion temporal spatial thingy deinterlacing. To be honest: i havent seen anything better at decoding then the nvidia gpu's. It wouldnt be fair to compare a little low budget SOC to a big x86 nvidia setup.

That said, i'm grealty impressed. Im wondering if it would be possible to tweak the video output settings, like deinterlacing technique. Or maybe we could do yadif deinterlacing on the cpu? (would that a9 quadcore be powerfull enough to do that?) What about anti aliasing, would the gpu on the s802 be able to do this?

You get the deinterlacing options back when you disable amcodec (Settings->Video->Acceleration->Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec). But the movies will be decoded by software then and not by hardware. If I understood it correct, there is no need for the deinterlacing options when amcodec is used ([solved] Request Kodi code to Set De-interlacing OFF by default).

Edit: Could you save the dmesg output directly after boot (before the ring buffer turned a round^^) and attach it here?

Glad you found the way to this forum.

This should be the dmesg output fresh from start.

I'm wondering, are there settings which can be adjusted on the amcodec? Such as deinterlace type, scaling method, and so on?

That's great news!

If there would be some kind of deinterlacing, where would I find the settings in Kodi?

Can you tell me the exact version you used from amlinux.ru?

Yes, power off doesn't work yet.

Settings such as deinterlacing are accessable while playing video and then choosing "video settings" (see attachment, image from my x86 openelec htpc). I used to run "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S82-6.0.0"

Glad to hear that.

dipswitch
    I compiled a version with a dtd file for 1G Devices. Please test it and let me know if it worked or not. Here is the link to the build: Index of /LibreElec/MXIII-1G

I was able to install this version. It boots up, after showing the bootloader logo it gives a short error in red while booting, after that it shows the kodi logo and starts libreelec.

My observations: pvr works fine, i'm using the dvblink plugin at this moment. I do not have the video settings which i am used to in the x86 version of libreelec. No deinterlacing of any kind. My mce remote doesnt work (it did in the build from amlinux.ru). When i turn off the device from within the menu it turns off my tv through CEC and the mxiii reboots.