Posts by Hoffy

Hi all.

Getting some bugs ironed out and working quite well now. Now trying to work something out in Dolphin.

I have sound using alsa for audio, but volume is too high and cannot be adjusted. On the Dolphin forum they said only openal, cubeb & XAudio2 has ability to change volume.

I had a look in my system and only cubeb is available on this build. When I enable it, I can change the volume slider but there is no sound at all in games with that audio setting.

Is there something else I can to do to make this work?

Thanks for the reply. I was asking here because that's what you told me to do. A while ago, I started a thread in the normal section and you told me "As you are running my build, you should not expect support outside my topic". Admittedly, that was a question about emulation but I took that to mean in general. My error I guess.

Thanks for the help you have provided up to this point. I really do appreciate it and I understand what you are saying about support for everyone's obscure problems.

I've got most things working well now. Just trying to iron out the final bugs.

Hi escalade.

I'm starting to come to grips with a few issues and getting them sorted out but the biggest issue I'm still having is intermittent lockups.

Most of the time, it's when watching liveTV but sometimes when watching a media file.

The picture freezes. Sometimes the audio keeps playing but most of the time, the audio stops soon after. After this occurs, everything is extremely slow to react. if I try to bring up the menu, it will take 20 or 30 seconds to display and every action takes a similar time.

If I SSH in and run "systemctl restart kodi", it restarts and works fine again.

ERROR: VDPAU::Decode - timed out waiting for output message

NOTICE: (VDPAU) FiniVDPAUOutput

NOTICE: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

Here is my kodi.log -> kodi.zip

Let me know if you need more info.

Would really appreciate any help you could give on this matter.

Does anyone know where I should look to try and solve this error?

ERROR: CPVRChannelGroupsContainer - GetDirectory - unable to obtain members of channel group 'All channels/extrafanart'

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/All channels/extrafanart/

ERROR: CPVRChannelGroupsContainer - GetDirectory - unable to obtain members of channel group 'All channels/../extrafanart'

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/All channels/../extrafanart/

I'm pretty sure it only appeared after installing Aeon MQ7 Mod skin.

Also have this error appear recently too.

ERROR: Failed to determine egl config for visual info

WARNING: Visual 0x27 of the window is not suitable, looking for another one...

21:10:38.517 T:139728555289920 NOTICE: Using visual 0x21

21:10:38.548 T:139728555289920 NOTICE: Using visual 0x27

Any ideas on this one?

Have uploaded my log file if that helps.

kodi.zip

Thanks.

Just had this error after the system locked up. I had just started a backup before installing some more addons and the video locked up. Menu response is veeeerrrryyy slow.

ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: An invalid pointer was provided.(4) at /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.80-images/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.2/kodi-147cec4/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp:1041

Logs from this crash attached.

log-2017-07-30-12.24.21.zip

I have an NVidia GPU.

Thank you.

Hi. I've got errors in my log " ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button movies " . Not just that button. Quite a few buttons are reported.

It's a fresh install of 8.0.2 Generic Intel.

So far I've only installed:

TVHeadend and got that running.

LCDProc and set that up the way I want.

Installed my Lircmap.xml, remote.xml & Custom keymap table.

Running the standard skin.

I don't think my remote.xml has any entries that would be causing these errors.

kodi.zip remote.zip

I would appreciate if someone could have a look and tell me where I should look to fix these errors.

Thanks.

Hi again. I decided to try the official build and have only installed the essentials so far.

Downloaded and installed 8.0.2 gen stable for Intel

TVHeadend and got that up and running.

LCDProc and set that up.

My custom remote button mapping.

Running standard skin. There are quite a few errors relating to importing media. Not worried about them.

Freezing seems to have stopped. Only been up and running for an hour or so now.

Still have errors relating to button mapping. Not sure if it's anything to do with my custom remote.xml or not. I don't think I have any entries in it like the errors that are occuring.

Have attached the log kodi.zip

and remote.xml kodi.zip

Can you see anything I have done wrong, or would it be elsewhere?

Would like to know where to look.

Thank you.

Sorry. Should have mentioned, it's the LE8 Extended build by escalade. I'd love to use the stable build, but couldn't find a way to integrate retroarch & Emulation Station into it.

Wonder if anyone could have a look at my log and tell me how to fix some of the error's in there. I'm getting errors "can't find" certain folders and windows.

I don't know if these are the cause, but my system regularly locks up. Sometimes video stops and audio continues, other times both audio & video stop. I can't bring the menu up or do any functions. If I SSH in and restart Kodi, it will restart and work fine again. This can happen after a few minutes or an hour. The end of this log is where it has currently locked up again.

kodi.zip

Thank you for taking the time. It is frustrating.

I've started getting errors relating to missing fonts.

ERROR: Couldn't load font name: osmc_addon_Font40(opensans-regular.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf

&

ERROR: Couldn't load font name: osmc_addon_OLD_Font72(roboto-light.ttf), trying to substitute arial.ttf

Possibly related to MQ7 mod skin?

Anyone experienced this or have a suggestion?

Logs are here>PMdi

I would like to map 2 buttons on my remote to open playlists. I used to have something similar working on an old OpenELEC build but they seem to have changed something in Kodi since then.

These are the 2 lines I used to have in my remote.xml and they opened the respective libraries.

<myvideo>ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</myvideo>

<mymusic>ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</mymusic>

Now I would like to remap them to Movie playlist and Music playlist windows.

Can anyone help me with the correct entries?

Thank you.

Cheers. Thanks for that info. I was trying to find the correct id's in that link but none seemed to work.

They are not that important so I guess I'll just play around with them. You helped me sort out the important ones.

Cheers.